Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Big announcement from Pittodrie ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if wiggy is going to step down as chairman.

I'm pretty sure that day is imminent. He's got everything he wanted.

Are you happy for him to walk away? Do you not have any questions for him?

Forget the FACT that he presided over the most fallow unsuccessful period in our football history within all of our lifetimes. That's not even material, other than "the product" (as he called it 22 years ago) has driven away thousands of customers. Is anyone going to ask him what Wm Donald Esquire is getting out of his "donation"? Is anyone going to explore the business relationship between Donald and Milne? Is the possibility of conflicted interests and the abuse of AFC funds not of interest to anyone? Who's going to do the due diligence on the land acquisition deals, the stadium and training ground costs and the proposed disposal of Pittodrie?

Another 2 Year Contract Extension for Derek & Tony.

Bid of 10 Million accepted for McKenna from Chelsea, Hector coming in the opposite direction as part of the deal.

Alan Gow REALLY has been spotted in Greggs.

Shaun Maloney performs a dramatic U-Turn several years later and signs a years contract as a member of the playing squad.

Has to be one of those.

Another 2 Year Contract Extension for Derek & Tony.

Bid of 10 Million accepted for McKenna from Chelsea, Hector coming in the opposite direction as part of the deal.

Alan Gow REALLY has been spotted in Greggs.

Shaun Maloney performs a dramatic U-Turn several years later and signs a years contract as a member of the playing squad.

Has to be one of those.

Is McGarveys house in Westhill built yet ? or Stuart Baxter being lined up as new boss ?

Still expecting some news coming from Pittodrie this week.

if i was a betting man , it would involve S.M & /or D.C  :thumbsup:

Certainly being announced by the end of the month, was told it was a “monumental” change - wouldn’t be surprised if it was more than SM out and DC in.

Significant investment of some type was the jist I was getting.

More people falling over themselves to give us free money with no strings attached? Yas min. These people are so generous it doesn't half restore my faith in the good people of Aberdeen...  :-\

Certainly being announced by the end of the month, was told it was a “monumental” change - wouldn’t be surprised if it was more than SM out and DC in.

Significant investment of some type was the jist I was getting.

That's essentially what I heard and posted on another thread a couple of weeks back. But the way it was relayed to me, the investment was more to occur once the new stadium was built

With cormacks contacts the club does seem to be trying to make inroads into establishing some sort of American Market and if there is any investment I would expect it to come from the US. So as tyrant implies, what's in it for them? I'm not too sure myself, it's not like Scottish football has a lot of potential for a return on your investment.  Yet both Dundee clubs are now American owned and receiving significant funding to improve their positions.  Ian McCall (who I must admit is actually a fairly decent pundit) said words to the effect on sportsound not soong ago that hibs wouldn't have been able to meet shankland wage demands and that he was on big money at utd.  This is mental if true, hibs are not only a bigger club than utd but playing in a higher division.

The only thing  I can think of that they must have their eye on is our close proximity to the English game and the potential of selling talent south of the border. I wonder if cormack has visions of AFC becoming affiliated with one of the bigger us teams and aberdeen being used as a springboard for American talent to get to England. 

I heard something about Shankland's wage being high and that it's being bankrolled in some way. Looks like it's paid off for them because he'll be worth a half decent wedge of cash now and is banging in the goals to bring them up to the SPFL. Despite being shite.

It's been fairly common knowledge that Shankland is on £4.5k/week bankrolled by the United owner via some creative accounting scheme to make it legit. And has a tidy bonus scheme for achieving certain goal scoring targets on top....which he is currently not just achieving but positively smashing. As an all-round footballer he's pretty shite. But the boy can finish...younger version or Rooney, maybe marginally better in the air. And now a full Scotland cap. United will make a tidy profit on him when he inevitably heads off to pastures new next summer....maybe even in January.

If this is the model that Cormack envisages then I'm all for it. The Gallagher deal is maybe a hint of what's to come. Sadly he has proven to be a bit of a damp squib but the USA is a huge country and if we can get a decent scouting set-up established over there then there will more than a few gems just waiting to be harvested and desperate to join up with the intention of putting themselves in the shop window for future transfers into Europe's top leagues.

I totally expect any significant investment to come through Cormack's contacts in the US. There are plenty of loaded fuckers over here and we are seeing more and more throw money at 'soccer.' In regards to what they get out of it, much is simply ego stroking and look, I own a team! When I win the lottery that will be me, hope to be announced at Todders in the near future.

I totally expect any significant investment to come through Cormack's contacts in the US. There are plenty of loaded fuckers over here and we are seeing more and more throw money at 'soccer.' In regards to what they get out of it, much is simply ego stroking and look, I own a team! When I win the lottery that will be me, hope to be announced at Todders in the near future.

Thats what confused me about someone willing to invest.Why would you when youve got the Ugly sisters on the verge of strangling the Scottish game again.A cuddly wee 'Scaddish' team as a vanity investment would make the most sense...

Of course I want my football team to be as successful as possible but I don't want us to turn into a Manchester City type club where their success will never be taken serious by folk supporting other teams because it has basically been bought.

Couldn't give a shit how we achieve it. Oldco bankrupted themselves hoovering up trophies for 25 years. Celtic now do the same (albeit with no dodgy tax avoidance schemes allowing them to attract players that ordinarily they couldn't afford).

I'd love a Yank consortium to put hundreds of millions in, allowing us to overtake whatever the record number of consecutive championships ends up at. And have Champions League football at the new stadium every year. Most of all, I'd love watching the fans of the arse cheeks crying about how unfair it all was. And also watching how the SFA/SPFL would suddenly attempt to find a way of altering the rules in order to ensure the arse cheeks could win again that fair play encompassed all clubs.