Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Killie

Were a bit unpredictable,but heading along on the off chance of a good game.Nae sure what style the new Killie boss plays but we're doing better taking the game to the opposition.Forecast nae great,hoping the winds blowing into the SS  8)

In or Oot - In

Furryboots - Mainer

Pre -  Work am,if not rained off

Post  -  Driving

Prediction -  Who knows, 2 - 2  McGinn x2

Crowd  -  11'452

Hopefully this will be a better game than the 0-0 shitfest at Rugby park in August. Not sure if Bryson with his ankle injury will be fit for this but if he is would be tempted to go with the same team as started on Wednesday night although I would be tempted to drop Vyner if one of the other central midfielders is fit.

Killie supposedly struggling for centre halfs for this one due to injury and suspensions although they are appealing Bruce's red card from Wednesday.

In

Train then pub

Y

Train back to the capital

2-0 Ferguson and Hedges

Really Jute?  Fair enough like but I think Vyner has done really well in cm 2bh.  killie are pretty Conservative but Allesio has recovered from the euro flop quite well and they are a tough nut to crack.    Doubt there will be many goals but it would be a great 3 points to take and I think we are capable. 

Indeed, Alessio has them well organised, and that means it's up to us to break them down, something we've struggled with in these types of games.

However, I am quietly confident of a good, comfortable win.

I'd be tempted to let Bryson miss this out, if there's any doubt whatsoever, why risk him?

Lewis

Logan

Considine

McKenna

Leigh

Vyner

Gleeson

Hedges

Ferguson

McGinn

Cosgrove

Should be enough there to break them down.

Aberdeen 3 vs 0 Kilmarnock

( Cosgrove, Hedges, Ferguson )

Saw the footage of the team training at Cormack Park today for the first time. Even Ojo was out on the pitch. Bryson took full part so suspect he's fit to start if we want to do so.

Agree that we will win this comfortably. Bruce had his appeal rejected (I'm amazed, from the highlights I saw he quite clearly played the ball first) so Killie are without their 3 best centre-backs, just hope DM has the guts to set us up to have a real go at them.

Im going to go controversial......5-1 ( Cosgrove x 2, McGinn, Leigh, Hedges)

A 1-0 win against the Accies and now we are world beaters. Not getting the optimism for this even though we can win it, I just can't trust our bearded leader.

Since my Wife and life are so shit I am dragging my arse along to this, would have if I didn't have an ST, but eldest is chucking it if we are beat today, he has had enough.

Think we will get a win, but not seeing a great game in it, but it's not about being entertained it's all about winning and celebrating our best manager since Fergie as us great unwashed know nothing about football.

2-1us Cosgrove x2

Main is just a bizarre move. I presume he must be working well in training games alongside Cosgrove but there's a big difference between that and a real SPL match. I really hope it works and they both get amongst the goals but by fuck McInnes better be prepared for the backlash if it goes tits up

Main been our best player so far. Vyner not far behind. Logan having his customary nightmare.

Should really be comfortable but looks like McInnes has told them to go into game management mode. Has taken one outstanding save by Lewis from a deflection and one very lucky one where the ball seemed to hit his face to ensure we remain 2 up. We looked far better having a go at them....

Anyway so far so good. COYR!

Just hame.A 3 nil win while not firing on all cylinders,....I'll take it,though Killie had a couple of chances,including a superb save from Lewis,but overall I thought they were poor.

Positives -  Main,a bit clumsy but adds some energy and bite up front.Devlin didnt have too much to do,but looking more comfortable and confident.I like Vyner.He's pretty nimble for a big loon and quite a smart footballer.

A bit more pace in some areas,and more imagination/movement from middle to front could help turn some results more positively.Weve a decent squad,i'm sure we could get more out of them

Footnote  -  Had the radio on heading back.Stuart and Tam,is that the best we can do? Same intro,pattern and format as about 20 years ago.Canna listen to them

Well it's true enough, the new training ground has made a difference.  ;D

Crossing the Mounthooly roundabout and heard Main was starting and was going to turn around and go home, but I didn't and to be fair he had a good game and he did offer us something, he also chases lost causes and seems more mobile than big Sam, who we lost in the second half to injury.

Main took his goal very well and it was a great cross from Ferguson, the second one I am sure Main fouled the Keeper, but it was given as Sams. At this point Killie stepped up a gear, but lacked quality, although it took a great save from our Mr Dependable in goal to stop them from scoring and they huffed and puffed, but they never did look like scoring, even though Joe made two further saves. Burke is a greeting faced hun cunt though.

We certainly went into to game management mode, but was good to see us get that third, which maybe flattered us a little, but we deserved the win. I thought Main had scored us a second, but it smashed off the post to safety.

I have to say I was pissed off to see Considine come on near the end when he didn't need to, could have gave Anderson some game time up front or Campbell.

I've said before I still see Ferguson as an attacking midfielder and not a defensive one, he looks far more comfortable attacking than he does defending.

Main was my MOTM and I though Vyner had a great game also and Joe as is usual always pulls off a great save when we need it.

Edit: Just watched the highlights and it was Sam who rattled the post with the shot not Main.

Got the result correct, just not all of the scorers!

It's another 3 points, Motherwell winning keeps them 3rd but I am hoping they fade away, they normally do, would probably hurt them if Robinson is approached and subsequently, takes, the Hearts job.

2 games in a row were Ferguson has been the best player? Never saw the game, just going by Social Media, perhaps the lad reads this forum and is determined to prove me wrong  :thumbsup:

Hopefully that gives Main a shot in the arm, but I highly doubt we'll go with 2 out and out Strikers again, so he'll probably be back to being on the bench, unless Cosgrove is injured, which hopefully, he is not.

Back to back wins, a full week off, hopefully that is the corner turned and we can carry on picking up these 3 points and get some daylight from the rest.

Decent game to be fair, surprised he started with 2 strikers, but think he got formation pretty much spot on.

My motm was either Ferguson or Vyner, Vyner really appears to be settling in midfield, also looking the like of Leigh.

Very well worked goal for 1st & good finish by Main :o  Killie actually knock the ball about well & have a few tidy players. Couple of good stops by Joe as per.  Ref Clancy had a bit of a mare as usual & missed a stonewaller for us.

Good game & good 3 points :thumbsup:

Good win but didn’t  think we played that well. Main looked good but have to to put that into perspective of him being up against make shift centre backs in a woeful looking Killie team. Main looked good for Well in a similar situation against us. Move for first goal was great especially the cross from Ferguson. Killie fans on the train were not pleased with their teams performance and were suggesting they have been poor for a while.