Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Well vs Dons - Sat

Back to proper football this weekend. Usually i breath a sigh of relief, but can't say i'm feeling that this time.  I'm hoping some of the injuries have cleared and the team have bonded. It's been pretty hapless so far and I know injuries haven't helped, but the team haven't looked fit once this season.  Tough couple of weeks coming up and I'd imagine a true reflection of where we are will emerge, positive or negative.

Well will finish third this season, easy.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

3-1 Well, Cosgrove pen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon they'll outplay and outfight us, sadly.

They will be " Up " for it, whereas McInnes will try and keep it calm and slow and deliberate, every time we do that, we get turned over, it never works.

Hopefully we have a few more bodies back and the squad looks a bit stronger, but on the day, I fear a 3/4-0 defeat. I think they'll snuff out our long ball approach ( Aimless punts to Cosgrove ) and cause us problems at the other end.

I would hope we have used this break to work on something different and something unpredictable and that takes Motherwell by surprise and in turn results in a very important 3 points, but sadly I can't see McInnes changing his approach. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

If we're not up for this, after the international break, against a team threatening to run away from us in the table as early as October, then I question the mentality of the team. And it's not just on McInnes, it's on the players too.

Big 90 minutes really. Defeat, and especially if it's through another inept performance, and a lot of fans would just give up. No-one is interested in a season fighting for fourth place.

That said, I'm confident. 2-0 Aberdeen. Cosgrove and Campbell.

mcpish stated we have one fit midfielder, another sackable offence

Ooooh you can't say that! They were singing for Derek McInnes at Hampden twice within the last year, at the semi v. Newcofuckheads and after the embarrassingly abject defeat in the final.

The 1-0 steal was the best bounce as an Aberdeen supporter since 1990 but I was almost physically sick when they started chanting the bearded midget's name. After the final however, I was incredulous. We have cunts within the ranks of AFC that don't deserve anything better than torture and execution.

Wasn't really a steal, the huns might have had a fair bit of possession but did hee haw with with it.  Overall I thought we were worth the win on the fact we were able to score and they weren't.  Fwiw a tribute act fan I work with fully agreed with me on that.

As for 1 fit midfielder being a sacking offence I disagree.  I'm not going to tell anyone what to think re the manager but to lay the current injury problems as entirely his fault is nonsensical. 

A lot of the potentially valid reasons for a change of manager get lost amongst the sea of pish that the McInnes haters are coming out with, the blaming him for injuries being an example.

Potentially valid?

McInnes hater?

EVERY genuine Aberdeen FC fan despises McInnes.

Because he's a useless charlatan cunt who should not be here.

I actually hate the cunts singing his name more than I hate him.

And by fuck I hate him.

Thought I saw a headline that Bryson might be back for this? Him and Deano in front of the defence and a cavalier front 4(cos theres not another option) to surprise Del and romp home in a 4 - 1 victory.  MacLennan hat trick,Deano screamer

COYR

Said Bryson was still not 100% and had a call to make so I expect him to play.

Given a limited squad I'd expect 5 at the back with Devlin, Considine, and McKenna all playing. I expect -

Lewis

Logan-Devlin-McKenna-Considine-Leigh

Hedges-Campbell-Gallagher-McGinn

Cosgrove

It will be route 1, bypassing our limited midfield, with Hedges and McGinn trying to push up and help Cosgrove.

Ugly game, 1-1. Cosgrove.

Fact: McInnes in his interview lamented the fact that the transfer window wasn't open. He said if it was the 1st January I would go out and buy a couple of players but it's not and we have to get on with it and deal with the "sit-ye-ay-shun".

Fact: people say things for a reason or reasons.

Speculation: why did he say that?

One interpretation is that he said it because he doesn't think that what he's got left in the squad beyond the injured list is good enough. If this is the case, this is tantamount to making excuses in advance of an event that he anticipates will go wrong. Given that it's his job to recruit, train and prepare a squad to achieve its objectives, he's either failing to do that this week because he's been so unlucky with injuries and suspensions or he's suggesting that he's not been given the adequate tools (budget) to do his job.

Another reason why a manager would appear to make excuses is that he is subliminally firing up and inspiring the footballers who do come in - including any youth or debutants that he's forced to play - to show the gaffer that they are good enough and that they will give "a hundred and ten per cent" on Saturday.

Fact: good and competent managers have a self-assuredness born from self-confidence and knowledge that they're good at their work and that their work is good enough to achieve their goals.

Speculation: does this manager know what he's doing and will he deliver results?

Given the fact that he rarely smiles and looks like a man under pressure who isn't having fun, I'm certain he doesn't have the intellect to engage the subliminal psychological tools required to fire up rookies or the less experienced.

I've always hated liars and cheats and fraudsters and charlatans. McInnes tries to talk in a tone that suggests he knows what he's doing but the results he delivers suggests otherwise.

Why cant we blame him for injuries , do we just accept its down to bad luck, or is it his training methods , lack of fitness of certain players due to a poor fitness regime at club , lack of player discipline due to manager, lack of top class sports science, lack of due diligence when signing a player and assessing their physical and mental make up .....

Why cant we blame him for injuries , do we just accept its down to bad luck, or is it his training methods , lack of fitness of certain players due to a poor fitness regime at club , lack of player discipline due to manager, lack of top class sports science, lack of due diligence when signing a player and assessing their physical and mental make up .....

Two sided coin, McInnes has brought in the sports science. It didn't exist before he arrived and if we are to blame him for the current injury crises should we also complement him on this never having occurred before over his 6 years in charge? 

I think the point made above is a good one. There are reasons to be unhappy with some of the things McInnes is doing but blaming him for the injury crises is just being unreasonable.

Two sided coin, McInnes has brought in the sports science. It didn't exist before he arrived and if we are to blame him for the current injury crises should we also complement him on this never having occurred before over his 6 years in charge? 

I think the point made above is a good one. There are reasons to be unhappy with some of the things McInnes is doing but blaming him for the injury crises is just being unreasonable.

I certainly don't think you can fully blame him for the injury crisis but he's not blameless. He creates the training, I'm sure has heavy influence on the fitness work, and ultimately signs the players and creates the squad. As he admits, he has chosen to go with smaller squads in recent times and this has hurt us last year and again this year. He also signed Devlin, Wilson, and Bryson for example, all with injury history who have been injured. Luck?

SSN saying both Wilson and Gleeson in contention to play today. Would like to see us going 4-4-2 today with Wilson up front beside Cosgrove and Gleeson in beside Campbell in midfield. Hedges and McGinn in the wide positions. Back 4 would like to see Considine keeping his place beside McKenna but can see McInnes going with Devlin and McKenna with Considine going to left back. Main thing is we have to stop the long ball shit and get back to playing the ball on the ground.

In

Train then beers

Away end

Train back to capital

1-1 Wilson

Surprisingly optimistic about today considering for the past 2 weeks I would have snapped your hand off if offered a draw.

Good that Gleeson is back....I think most of our support have written him off as total gowder in the same way that they did Forrester. He isn't...he's got a good football brain and can play a pass. His only problem is he is slower than a wet weekend in Greenock. Considine has been our most consistent player pretty much for the past 12 months and has done nothing to deserve getting dropped. I do suspect the Devlin will be brought back to partner McKenna in central defence though. If that happens I really hope Considine doesn't get slotted in at left back.....Leigh hasn't been anything more than average but he's still a better option with his pace.

Would rather see Wilson get a start in place of McGinn but given he is just returning from injury I don't expect anything other than a bench place for him. Also it's time for Hedges to start producing the goods constently rather than in brief flashes.

0-2 (Cosgrove, McLennan)

Bit harsh on Leigh imo TC, he's not Lowe but he's defo had a positive contribution to my eyes.

I find this one hard to predict 2bh, could be a cracker actually.  Agreed re considine and I wouldnt drop him but time will tell on that. 

Not going to make a prediction till I see how we line up.

6 defenders against Motherwell!

Just saying "6 defenders" doesn't really tell the whole story though does it? Who would you have had in our midfield today? Clearly Bryson isn't fit. Campbell has been pretty poor in recent games and doesn't really have the physical side to match Campbell in their midfield. I think Vyner is average, but I understand having him in there, so he's a midfielder today. You're then looking at either dropping Considine for Hedges or keeping Devlin on the bench. Given Motherwell's dominance against many teams this season that's a reasonable risk too given our obvious weakness in midfield. Does anyone seriously think we should have gone with Campbell and Gallagher, or Campbell, Gallagher and Hedges? Name yer team. The options are fairly gash at the minute.