Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Battle For Third

Hate to say it but if we do well McInnes stays for longer. Only way for change is extreme failure. Never want us to lose or do poorly but means to an end.

I'm not convinced it will, unless  the extreme failure leads to a genuine threat of relegation come late season. His new contract is just too expensive to pay up and employ a new management team on top. Only way to get him out fairly quickly would be for crowds to drop to the 9k mark and stay there for 5 or 6 matches. At that point the club is losing money and would be forced to act

It’s reaching Hat levels of ridiculousness when we’re getting folk who hope we struggle just so a manager gets sacked.

I’m not sure what you mean by ridiculousness. I think unhappiness is a simpler and clearer word. So many are so unhappy with the current situation.

I’m not sure what you mean by ridiculousness. I think unhappiness is a simpler and clearer word. So many are so unhappy with the current situation.

I mean that it’s ridiculous for a “supporter” to want, or at least be happy to see, their team getting beat under any circumstances and is something I’d have expected to read on a site full of lunatics such as AFC chat.

I mean that it’s ridiculous for a “supporter” to want, or at least be happy to see, their team getting beat under any circumstances and is something I’d have expected to read on a site full of lunatics such as AFC chat.

You lose me with that 'supporter' comment. We are all supporters with the amount of time we put into the club, including the amount of time we debate random strangers online! When fans are deeply unhappy everything done isn't for the immediate good of the club but it forces the issue. As I said, nobody wants us to lose, just like we don't want to protest, and we don't want to not watch or fail to attend games, but all of the above gives greater attention to the problem and pressures the club to change. Is that for the immediate good or for long term benefit? Pretty obvious, desperate times bring desperate measures, not fun but for change to happen things get ugly.

Let's face it, third has zero chance of happening. Neither are Aberdeen going to win a cup.

"Success" this season will be avoiding relegation.

It therefore doesn't matter if AFC continue this bad run of form or even get worse in the weeks ahead.

The ONLY thing that matters now is preparing for the future.

That future will never be bright whilst McInnes is in charge of the "product" and we continue to allow the minority-shareholding chairman to continue pursuing his own agenda.

Let's face it, third has zero chance of happening. Neither are Aberdeen going to win a cup.

"Success" this season will be avoiding relegation.

It therefore doesn't matter if AFC continue this bad run of form or even get worse in the weeks ahead.

The ONLY thing that matters now is preparing for the future.

That future will never be bright whilst McInnes is in charge of the "product" and we continue to allow the minority-shareholding chairman to continue pursuing his own agenda.

Curious.What do you think Milnes own agenda is?

Curious.What do you think Milnes own agenda is?

The same as it's been for the whole of almost thirty years since he wormed his way into AFC, the hapless Ian Donald not having the nous to see it coming.

The same as it's been for his whole life.

The same as it is for the vast majority of politicians and business owners. Their agendas and priorities are the betterment of them personally.

Any "love" he purports to have for football and AFC is feigned, a total sham.

I ken moneys his God,and I agree he didnt become chairman thru love of the club,but I cant see what he's gained/gaining from the experience,apart possibly,from being seen as the local benefactor of the local club.Good for business image? Nae sure about that either tbh...

I cant see what he's gained/gaining from the experience

The main reason why the majority of fans can't see what's happening is because they have no experience of business and specifically have never been at, or close enough to, the top of it to understand how it works.

When we try to tell them (the truth, whether in politics or business), they can't or won't believe it.