Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who would be next?????

If Derek was to be sacked after a poor result at weekend not that I'd be expecting this to happen who actually would be available to take over?!?!  Was watching Roy Keane talk about his manager history and thought we probably need a character with his nasty streak next.   

McInnes won't be sacked, that is absolutely certain SeeBass. He's here until he decides otherwise. However, if it ever did come to it that he left, I am going to agree with you regarding Roy Keane.

Keane is very much like Marmite, you either love him or hate him, there is no in between.

I think he's a Manager that would not let standards drop, he'd demand 100% each and every training session/game and he would not want to be friends with everyone in the opposite dugout.

Think on a quick check there, he had a 35% win record at Ipswich and 42% win record at Sunderland. Can't say I remember his playing style, in management anyway, but it has got be be far more productive and far less fucking boring than McInnes.

I like the idea of him being our manager, would be shits and giggles, but at the end of the day, he'd need to improve on what McInnes has done, that would be the main objective really, is he capable of that? We'd never know until he got the job, which is as likely as McInnes playing Bruce Anderson up front for the remainder of the season.

I really doubt Keane would be willing to move to a northern outpost of the UK unless we were offering the kind of money that top end English Championship clubs offer but a hefty transfer budget to match. In reality I just don't think he would take any job in Scotland bar the Celtic one.

McInnes isn't getting sacked as things stand. 3 year contract with the ink barely dry....it would just cost too much to punt him and Doc plus bring in a new management team on top.

BUT.....the board might be forced to act under 2 sets of circumstances. Firstly...if he has us in relegation bother by mid to late February of any season of his contract. Which despite our general shyteness up to now really shouldn't be a problem as long as the injury list eases. (it might be a problem if we keep losing a player for every one that returns). Secondly...….our drastic form continues and for a month to 6 weeks our crowds plunge to 9k or less.

I think he's here for a while yet though

McInnes won't be sacked, that is absolutely certain SeeBass. He's here until he decides otherwise. However, if it ever did come to it that he left, I am going to agree with you regarding Roy Keane.

Keane is very much like Marmite, you either love him or hate him, there is no in between.

I think he's a Manager that would not let standards drop, he'd demand 100% each and every training session/game and he would not want to be friends with everyone in the opposite dugout.

Think on a quick check there, he had a 35% win record at Ipswich and 42% win record at Sunderland. Can't say I remember his playing style, in management anyway, but it has got be be far more productive and far less fucking boring than McInnes.

I like the idea of him being our manager, would be shits and giggles, but at the end of the day, he'd need to improve on what McInnes has done, that would be the main objective really, is he capable of that? We'd never know until he got the job, which is as likely as McInnes playing Bruce Anderson up front for the remainder of the season.

I'm literally in between. I neither love nor hate him.  :dunno:

The thing that worries me when DM does go is that Milne will fuck up with the next appointment I think that is why he clearly hold McInnes in such high regard as he has been his best appointment to date, which i don't think anyone can argue with, but clear to most of us that his time is up.

I could imagine Milne going for Derek Adams, but I am not seeing anyone at another club who is impressing enough to take a punt on, but it won't be Roy Keane.

A bit of a long shot, but I would like to see us go for Alex Neal at Preston.

McInness is going no-where folks, we all know this.  All I'll say about Adams is a very good friend of mine worked with him at Ross County.  I happened to live with this friend for a year and a half, this period  encompassed their Scottish cup run and promotion.  He really admired Adams, said he was a model professional and managed his resources exceptionally well.  What he said to me about Calderplank, Jim McIntyre and dodds on the other hand....

I trust my friends judgement and would be at peace if he got the job though I can understand the lack of enthusiasm from everyone else.  But DM isn't going anywhere. 

Fuck me, seriously? We can do better than that.

Most bets are around the £10 mark but one has slapped £50 on. All in the same branch. And the man himself was spotted in a Stonehaven hotel earlier in the week. Hopefully it's just a guy who's seen him there, put 2 and 2 together and made 5.......then informed all his mates it was a goer who then jumped on the bandwagon

Alex Neil I agree would be a decent choice but as it stands he has a job, his club are in the play off positions in the Championship and has a far bigger budget there than we can offer. Preston I'm sure are happy so long as he keeps them away from relegation danger....no pressure to get them promoted. So can't see it happening unless Preston suffer a severe turnaround in fortunes leaving them in danger of the drop and Neil gets the chop.

Meanwhile over on Abmad ( i take a look in every few months to cheer myself up) another loon swears blind that the relationship between DM and Cormack is strained and likely broken beyond repair. Says McInnes wants out and will leave at the end of the season. Here's hoping............

Most bets are around the £10 mark but one has slapped £50 on. All in the same branch. And the man himself was spotted in a Stonehaven hotel earlier in the week. Hopefully it's just a guy who's seen him there, put 2 and 2 together and made 5.......then informed all his mates it was a goer who then jumped on the bandwagon

Alex Neil I agree would be a decent choice but as it stands he has a job, his club are in the play off positions in the Championship and has a far bigger budget there than we can offer. Preston I'm sure are happy so long as he keeps them away from relegation danger....no pressure to get them promoted. So can't see it happening unless Preston suffer a severe turnaround in fortunes leaving them in danger of the drop and Neil gets the chop.

Meanwhile over on Abmad ( i take a look in every few months to cheer myself up) another loon swears blind that the relationship between DM and Cormack is strained and likely broken beyond repair. Says McInnes wants out and will leave at the end of the season. Here's hoping............

Cormack gets it tight on Twitter, I have seen countless folk tagging him in abusive Tweets aimed at McInnes. cunt will probably quit Social Media  :rofl:

Back to my Roy Keane opinion, I don't ever think he would become our Manager, nor do I think we'd approach him, I just personally would prefer him to the likes of Derek Adams. But he's managed 181 Matches, won 72 of them, losing 69 & drawing 40. Got Sunderland Promoted and they were in the relegation places when he came in, Championship is a really difficult league.

Not so sure he's a terrible Manager, and you know for a fact he'd take absolutely no prisoners when it came to Players underperforming, opposition managers trying to take the cunt etc... he'd fiercely defend us as well as accept no less than 100% from our Players.

I think it'd be very interesting.

Fingers crossed on that one. Honestly thought at his age he was holding out for the Hibs job as one final managerial hurrah before heading off to enjoy his retirement.

The 2 previous Gothenburg legends that filled our hotseat had at best mixed results (ok Magoo was an unmitigated disaster and Miller very nearly got us relegated in his final season). The expectation that they bring is probably elevated beyond realistic levels but I think at very least Strachan would get us playing in a style that we would enjoy watching. The problem is even if we fired DM next week, I'm not convinced he could get all that great a tune out of the squad we have at present, even if we managed to get them all fit at the one time.....he'd have us top 6 comfortably but it would be next summer before he could really make big enough changes to call the squad "his own"

Anyway......we can but hope

Jack Ross just been sacked by Sunderland. Hasn't got them promoted but still didn't do too badly only lost 2 out of 14 competitive games this season. Might be a good option if we do get someone else in.

Sunderland have by far and away the biggest budget in that league. He couldn't even buy his way out of it. And English League One is still the highest level he has ever managed at. Would be a big step down from McInnes.

Roy Keane. Smacks of a "fuck it, it'll be interesting if nothing else" type of appointment, and he would be box office for sure, at least in the short term. But once the angry man persona wore off I'm not convinced there's a particular good football manager there. But you know what, I'd be on board with it, simply to inject a buzz into the club that's been missing for a few years.

Gordon Strachan. Him visiting the training ground might have been more along the lines of him researching for the new one Dundee are hoping to build. His job there is technical director.

Personally, I still back McInnes, at least for now. But in the spirit of the thread if we were replacing him I think it has to be a name that excites the fans. A Derek Adams, Jack Ross or Paul Hartley wouldn't fall into that category at all. I've also read suggestions the Cormack link might lead us to Stephen Glass and that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Show a bit of ambition though, make a statement of intent and bring a big name north, either from these isles or abroad. Not necessarily someone unrealistic (I'm not suggesting we go for Mourinho) but someone that short term adds an extra few thousand on the gate.

As for possible names, I've no idea. Fuck it, Roy Keane. If nothing else it'll be interesting.

Saw some stuff again on Social Media over the last 2 days, claiming Players, or a Player, has stated that " McInnes has lost the dressing room "

Of course I would never take that as Gospel, people are full of shit, they speak shit purely to get noticed and are craving some sort of attention, but, there's always the possibility that it might actually be the case.

In terms of Strachan, could one of the training pitches or buildings etc... be getting named after him, hence his visit?

I don't think Strachan would come up here and I have to admit to not wanting him. I think any visit he made to the training complex would have been as Technical Director at Dundee, or possibly ex players have been invited out to see it.

A great player in the red jersey, but I don't really like his management style and the way he comes across in the media.

I don't think Ross is a bad shout though, 10 losses in 74 games isn't a bad record, even better when you take into account the car crash he took on and just having the largest budget doesn't always mean instant success.

Keane was never going to be a great manager as he cannot deal with players who aren't as good or committed as he was or the guys he played alongside.