Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - County - Sat- 3PM

Interesting one this.  Much like us, started well, but have faded and got pumped by Livi the other week. Difference being, they're still scoring goals. Really need to build on the fact we didn't concede last weekend but we also need to actually start getting some shots (on or off target).

Hard to see what will change this weekend, but hopefully see Hedges get a run about.  Still don't understand why he didn't play last weekend.  DM needs to play more attacking, we cannot continue with this turgid pathetic attempt at football.

Added spice this weekend, Dicky foster has just signed for them.

Out

Breakfast

Checking out Rarotonga

Probably the above

1-1, McGinn

Supposedly Taylor has declared himself fit so be interesting to see if Vyner keeps his place of if big Gash strolls straight back in.

Interesting to see if Ayrshire_don's team starts. Or will the ref suss the cunning use of 12 players??

Actually suspect that Bryson will start in midfield alongside Ojo and Ferguson. Needs another try although I have my doubts that as a trio they will prove to be an effective unit. Also expect Hedges to come back in at the expense of McLennan (though I'd rather it was Gallagher that got dropped. Beginning to wonder what the deal is that Cormack has arranged with Atlanta because despite being shite for every game except the home RoPS tie, he seems absolutely bulletproof)

2-0 ( Hedges, Ferguson)

Lewis

Logan

Vyner

Considine

Leigh

McLennan

Ojo

Bryson

Hedges

Wilson

Cosgrove

Would like to see a 4-4-1-1 type, James Wilson in the free role supporting Cosgrove, Bryson with the free role in the middle to go box to box when required, Ojo sitting & the wide players pushing up to support the forward area and going back to help the full backs. 

We need someone much closer to Cosgrove, it'd keep us up the pitch as Cosgrove will win more than he loses aerially and into feet/chest.

Replace Bryson after 60-70 minutes with Ferguson, and replace Wilson at the same time with Anderson, gets another hour minimum into two players who need game time, whilst giving Anderson a deserved half hour/15 minutes.

Not sure how we'll approach it obviously, but I hope to see intent, movement and speed, make Ross County dig deep as fuck whilst tiring them at the same time.

Aberdeen 2 vs 0 Ross County ( Cosgrove, Hedges )

Quite like the look of that line up KFP,and wouldn't be unhappy with McGinn in Wilsons role if it came to it.Be fine to see something a bit more experimental from McInnes if only to divert the apathy

In or Oot -  In,its a thocht like

Furryboots  -  Mainer

Pre  -  Driving

Post  -  Driving

Prediction  -  Optimistic 3 - 0.  Consi hat trick

Supposedly Taylor has declared himself fit so be interesting to see if Vyner keeps his place of if big Gash strolls straight back in.

Interesting to see if Ayrshire_don's team starts. Or will the ref suss the cunning use of 12 players??

Actually suspect that Bryson will start in midfield alongside Ojo and Ferguson. Needs another try although I have my doubts that as a trio they will prove to be an effective unit. Also expect Hedges to come back in at the expense of McLennan (though I'd rather it was Gallagher that got dropped. Beginning to wonder what the deal is that Cormack has arranged with Atlanta because despite being shite for every game except the home RoPS tie, he seems absolutely bulletproof)

2-0 ( Hedges, Ferguson)

Taylor had a recurrence of his injury on Tuesday and is out for “several weeks”, as is McKenna.

Don’t see the need for having a holding midfielder against Ross County at home so would go with Bryson and Ferguson in the middle with Hedges and McGinn wide. Agree with playing Wilson in behind Cosgrove. Thought Vyner struggled against a toothless Kilmarnock attack last week so if Devlin is fit I would go with him and Considine at the back. Really need a performance after last few games which have torture to watch. Expect County to sit in and be difficult to break down after a couple of poor results recently.

In

Supporters bus then pub

Y

Supporters bus back to capital.

2-0 Cosgrove and Wilson

The purpose of a holding mid is also to allow our full backs to push forward and at our best we have Logan and Leigh in attacking positions.

Lewis

Logan-Devlin-Considine-Leigh

Hedges-Ojo-Ferguson-McGinn

Anderson-Cosgrove

3-1 us, Anderson, Cosgrove, Hedges

And conversely they could easily have had a couple themselves with the missed pen and hitting the post.

Good result to go into the international break with, especially with the Edinburgh teams losing ground on us. Hopefully some of our defenders will be fit by the time we resume.

Well I enjoyed that today, went more in hope than expectation and when I saw the storm clouds over Pittodrie when walking up King Street I really did fear the worst, but when I saw the line up I was a bit more optimistic and predicted to my loons we would get 4 today.

Thought Hedges looked a player today, was impressed with him and both our full backs. Bryson did well enough, but you could see he needs game time. I also thought Ferguson had a better game today playing further forward, but his constant dropping to the ground is a bit frustrating to watch and still feel he needs taken out the first team for a spell for his own development. 

County were rough and I think they have players who are better than that, but got what they deserved, sweet FA.

Three goals, three points and a clean sheet and got back home happier than what I was when I left.

Edit: I forgot to add how great it was seeing Hedges leave Foster for dead at the corner flag in the second half, being the odious little cunt that he is made it even more sweeter.

And conversely they could easily have had a couple themselves with the missed pen and hitting the post.

Good result to go into the international break with, especially with the Edinburgh teams losing ground on us. Hopefully some of our defenders will be fit by the time we resume.

Well said TC

Sensible post. Think we would all of taken a 3-0 victory pre kick off. ElginDon even predicted even if his goalscorers prediction was shite  ;)

Thought we might struggle today & fancied a 1 1, happy i was wrong, all pretty comfortable tbh !

Thought Vyner,Leigh, Bryson,Ojo,Hedges all did well.

Quite difficult conditions & a poor crowd, but we played some decent stuff.  Should have been 2 up before we scored, 2 easy chances missed, Nialls in particular real sitter.

There were signs today that we're actually a decent outfit if we set out to play like one! Was clear there was a message from McInnes to move the ball quickly from the start, none of this slow building pish.

Hard to have many complaints, I'd ask the question as to why we couldn't have stuck Anderson on sooner than we did, given we were 3 up and cruising after 60 minutes. I'd also argue that Cosgrove was rather poor today, and I am probably his biggest fan, thought Morris marshalled and coped with him with ease in all honesty, he did have one weird run later in the game where he ran from left to right and put a cross in, a pish cross albeit.

Barring their abysmal Penalty decision and the boy Stewart hitting the Post, I thought they looked pretty poor and we looked reasonably comfortable, I'd also argue that was Leigh's best game so far? Vyner I will maintain is a better CB than a RB, but at least we know he can do a job there, he was caught out a few times but on the whole, was fine. He'll be a far more useful back up than Ball, that's a certainty.

Pity it's an International break now, but hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

What a difference Hedges and McGinn made to last week’s shambles. If fit these two have to start every week. Agree with Kenny that Cosgrove has a poor game. Penalty was only way he was scoring today. Header from Leigh for first was excellent and thought he had a really good game.

Would say though County were utter shite so not reading to much into today’s result yet but at least it was a more enjoyable watch than last week. Hedges ripping Foster a new one was especially enjoyable.

saw some comments on twitter we didnt play well etc, mmm watched the red tv highlights should have been 4-0 up at half time, 2 absolute sitters from cosgrove and mcginn, wright had a similar chance second half... all soft side foot attempts, put the fkn laces through it .. though hedges looked very good why he was benched recently is a mystery