Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Killie - Dons - Sat

So back to league action this weekend after the...highs...of last weekend. I've missed not having any euro qualifiers this week, although given our last few performances, my blood pressure hasn't.

Killie are pretty pish this season, but then again, we've not exactly set the heather alight.  Hopefully the win last weekend gave the team a wee confidence boost.  Really need to start and find that feel good factor we had after Hearts.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

2-1 Dons, Cosgrove and Hedges

With McInnes talking about Wilson being the new Christie I would expect Wilson to replace Bryson if he is out injured and Ferguson to replace either Gallagher or McGinn. Personally I would also drop Ojo to play an additional attacking player as I do not see the need for a defensive holding midfielder against Kilmarnock but no chance McInnes will do anything like that.

Hopefully the game is better than last 4 and we can get away from the hoofball we have been playing and get the ball on the ground and play with pace. Not sure I could stomach a whole season of what I have watched of late.

In

Lift over and hopefully time for a beer

Away end

Lift back to the capital

2-0 Wilson and Hedges 

No idea on the line up, but he will definitely bring Ferguson back in and I would imagine that it will be Bryson that drops out. 

Would personally like to see Vyner start at Centre Back, alongside Considine. McKenna isn't settled, personally feel that until the Transfer Window closes, and we have confirmation that he has removed his Transfer Request ( Not sure if it's automatically binned in the event that we rejected it anyway ) then he should be dropped from the 11, certainly don't feel that he's our best Defender, his current form would back that up, that for me, goes to Considine at the moment.

Don't think we'll win comfortably, I actually think we'll come back from 1-0 down at HT to gain a point, Cosgrove converting a Penalty.

Kilmarnock 1 vs 1 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove, Penalty )

A combined two shots on goal, painful, and both easy saves from distance. Ojo Ferguson and Bryson are not a good 3 in the middle, the last two are far too similar, no flair supporting Sam. Wilson wasted wide. Non stop flopping and diving from Sam or so it seems. Would like to see mcginn come in centrally for Bryson in the second half to unlock a Killie defense but doubt DM will stray from predictable tactics. Expect two wide for two wide and more of the same. Ugg.

That was my 5 year old son's first game, and will absolutely be his last. 10 Minutes before K.O

" Do you need the toilet? We have time to go now? "

Son " No, it's okay Dad, I'm fine "

7 Minutes on the clock " Dad, I need the toilet "  :hammer:

And from probably around the 15-20 minute mark, he was utterly bored and was desperate to go home, sadly, and pathetically, I gave into him and we left at HT.

Managed to get the last 10 minutes on a stream and even Andrew Shinie was complaining about the lack of urgency we were showing, that says it all really.

Looks to me like we're continuing on from the last 12-18 months and still in regression, early days and all that, but I genuinely fear for a rather underwhelming season. McInnes just seems comfortable, we've totally abandoned any sort of Football in favour of slowly getting up the pitch by either A. Punts, or B. Sideway passing.

Absolutely brutal watch. Anyone who paid to watch that has been robbed. In the end lucky to get away with a 0-0......they should certainly have scored about 15 minutes from the end when Burke rounded Joe but could only stick the shot into the side netting.

Not sure why McKenna was subbed off, didn't look injured but guess he was telling DM that he was. Vyner replaced him and looked far better at CH than he did at RB.

Gallagher remains rapid but his ball control is akin to that of a diesel locomotive. No idea how he stayed on the full 90 minutes. Game was crying out for Hedges yet he gets left stewing on the bench. Ferguson looked lucky to get away with a yellow, looked like he elbowed their player.

Only bright spot was finding out St J had equalised against Hivs in the 95th minute. All early season optimism has been drained. I dread us facing the arse cheeks

That was every bit as bad as last week. As a team we are so predictable. Ball gets passed sideways 3 or 4 times then punted forward for for Cosgrove to fail to win it in the air. We win it back and repeat the process. We desperately need to get a creative player in the middle of the park. From the  managers comments in the week I thought we were going to try Wilson there today but instead we stuck him out on the wing where he could not influence the game. We need to change something soon or it could be a horrible long season.

Well, that's not the result I was expecting to wake up to. Hadn't not won in his 13 games down there. Truly a sign of the times. And worryingly, no goals in what four or five games? That's pathetic. What happened to trying Wilson through the middle?!? Ffs mcinnes get your shit together.