Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Cup - Dundee - dons - sun

Probably shouldn't be setting this up with the mood I'm in, but whatever. Just hope we manage to conjure up some sort of performance. So much negativity (justified) around the club at the moment. The club owe the fans a number of performances after another pathetic attempt at trying to qualify for Europe.

Out

Out

Out

1-0 dons, mcginn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Ferguson suspended will have to make changes for this one. Massively important game for the team given last 3 performances. If Bryson is fit (stop laughing) would expect him to replace Ferguson if he is not the it will be Campbell along side Ojo. Assuming Cosgrove is fit would expect him to play up top with Hedges and McGinn behind him with either Gallagher or McLennan. Would expect same back 4 as last night. Dundee having Hemings back is giving me a little concern. Failure on Sunday will leave us looking at a long dull season.

In

Train then visit family

Away end

Train back to capital

2-0 McGinn and Hedges.

Would imagine Campbell will just replace Ferguson, Bryson surely won't be ready to start a game, considering how long he has been injured and unavailable?

We should be too strong for Dundee, but then I thought that about St Mirren last week and we know how that turned out.

I think Cosgrove will start up front, or at least I hope he does, we won't go with 2 strikers, people will need to realise that, he's not got it in him to play with 2 Strikers, and I don't mean a second Striker playing out wide, like he does with May & Wilson, another mind boggling " Tactic "

Struggling to get giddy for this one, we've failed to score, or even come close to scoring, really, in the last 3 games, I expect a low scoring affair.

1-0 Dons Win, Cosgrove the scorer.

Brysons an outside chance for Sunday I'm hearing elsewhere,..been training the last few days.A bit sad when your pinning your hopes on an aging midfielder to revive fortunes,but who knows.

1 - 1  Considine

DM said it in his presser, but didn't look up from the table as I'm guessing it was the post matcher from Thursday. I'm very much sceptical it'll happen.

Honestly haven't got a clue what team McInnes will pick for tomorrow but wouldn't be surprised to see Calderwood's tombola getting dusted off with 4 or 5 changes from the team that started on Thursday. I'm certainly hoping McKenna gets dropped after the chaos he caused prior to Rijeka. And actually wouldn't be averse to seeing May come in from the cold. He works well in partnership with Cosgrove.

Don't have any great confidence in the team right now. Can see a similar pattern to last week playing out....loads of possession but failing to convert the dominance into a comfortable advantage. If Dundee can get it to penalties it becomes a lottery.

In

1-2 (Hedges, Considine)

The Tombola drum will be on overdrive at the moment for team selection.

I can see us losing, if we do, then it should be tatties for McClueless.

McInnes will never be sacked.....unless perhaps he gets us relegated. We will wait until he leaves, however long that is. Manager is comfortable and Milne just happy we’re consistently top 6. With the new facilities in building phase he won’t want the change of manager. Just wished he’d gone to the Huns when given the chance.

Whilst I agree with most of what you have said LA, I think if the fans start turning their back on the club in their droves, they'd have to look at it. I'd imagine regardless of actual squad depth, we're probably paying a fair whack for a number of those players. Drop in ST sales would have hurt them already.

That said, would that offset what they'd have to pay him off after offering him another ridiculous deal? No.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

The Tombola drum will be on overdrive at the moment for team selection.

I can see us losing, if we do, then it should be tatties for McClueless.

I have said on here before that the sense of entitlement amongst our support is bewildering at times. We've had a poor week but are we expecting our team to win every week now or something? We are not Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus - we are a team with the third biggest budget in the league (light years behind the second biggest and marginally bigger than fourth and five biggest). Why the sudden notion that we are massively underachieving? Most people on here agreed a month ago that the manager had recruited well in the summer yet after letting him sign 9 new players you would sack him TWO games into the league season?

McInnes has had his cards marked since the flirtation with the new huns.

We’ve gone backwards since that time.

Should have let his contract run out, unless he had got us Euro group stages, a cup or the league this season.

That is absolutely what should have happened. There was no need to rush awarding a new contract

I have said on here before that the sense of entitlement amongst our support is bewildering at times. We've had a poor week but are we expecting our team to win every week now or something? We are not Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus - we are a team with the third biggest budget in the league (light years behind the second biggest and marginally bigger than fourth and five biggest). Why the sudden notion that we are massively underachieving? Most people on here agreed a month ago that the manager had recruited well in the summer yet after letting him sign 9 new players you would sack him TWO games into the league season?

Good post. You've also got to laugh at the "McClueless" stuff. For all McInnes' failings, and whether he's gone stale here or not, describing him as clueless is a joke. We've had plenty clueless managers in the past and McInnes certainly isn't one. He might be limited, stubborn, too loyal to certain players etc but that's a long way from clueless.

Decided to give this a miss today, despite only being 45mns away by car, a combination of last Sun & Thurs has scunnered me a bit, also a heavy night out in Stoney last night & suffering big style.

Apparently about 3 k heading down, which is quite amazing ,considering.

Need to win  , can see a few players confidence taking a hammering in the last week.

2 1 the dons (Cosgrove, Hedges) :thumbsup: