Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stephen Gleeson

Allegedly injured.

I think though, even when he returns, he'll find his game time even more restricted than it was last season. He was wrote off almost immediately and I never understood why, but McInnes obviously sees what the other people see or he'd have been given more game time.

Thought he would have been a good addition, but I reckon Rico has found out where he lives and has been injuring him in his sleep.

Boy on the Hat saw Gleeson out last Friday night with a few other players and overheard him saying he's out injured for 6 weeks.

Loads of our supporters have been demanding he gets punted but in order to do that there has to be a team willing to take him on. With a  nearly a year left on his contract, likely to be one of our bigger earners given he joined from Ipswich......and considering his lack of game time last year and is injured now anyway......I think it's very unlikely he will be leaving as nobody will want him. Maybe a club in the Irish League would take him on but with us covering at least 75% of his wages...…….but I'd think DM would rather just keep him for the time remaining and use him in the event we have an injury crisis.

When he did play last season he really wasn't that bad....slow certainly, but had a good football brain and could pick a pass. Just it seemed he couldn't do much more than 70-75 minutes and then he was spent.

I don't know what you're talking about, I think Stephen Gleeson is an excellent prospect.

To be fair, you have always maintained this. I must have the wrong spy.......

Ten Caat, you are absolutely correct, he wasn't really that bad at all, that one misplaced pass vs St Mirren, in a 4-1 win for us, was literally the only thing he did that stood out negatively. He made a positive impact when he came on at Home to Hearts, in a game that we were being overran and outfought in the middle of the park and away to Livingston, when we chasing a winner, and like you said, he certainly knew how to pick a pass, the mobility side of things would surely have came with more minutes on the pitch?

I am resigned to the fact that he's probably done though, in terms of his pecking order.