Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Smart TV - USB HELP

I am trying to watch a movie through my USB Stick, via my Smart TV, but it's not even recognising my USB stick.

It's a 3.0 USB, and I am inserting it into the USB 3.0 Port on the TV, the TV is a Sharp Aquos i7220 Series, the files on the USB stick are MP4 and AVI, as far as I am aware, the TV is compatible with both of those files. Really starting to irritate me, why is the TV not even recognising that I have put the USB stick in? I have even formatted the USB stick and tried again, but nothing.

Would massively appreciate any tips/advice/help on this.

Did you try the above (I haven't watched it)?

Also, I've found that sometimes some USB sticks are mot compatible with Smart TVs, but I've found it very hard to find which USD sticks are compatible with specific TVs. I couldn't find one that would work with my Panasonic, and ended up buying a USB3 connected hard drive rather than a stick, which worked. It's quite an old TV though, so I assumed the newer ones would work with any. Try asking Sharp themselves, the datasheet for that TV makes no mention of types of USB stick that might not work, but perhaps they have more info. I mostly end up just connecting my laptop to the TV for things that require it.