Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

DONS - Hertz - Sun - 3PM

Seems like the off seasons get shorter and shorter each year, but looking forward to getting the proper season under way.  Be interesting to see how we line up for this one, doubtful we'll be as free flowing as today's game.  I haven't really paid much attention to the rest of the league during the break, so fuck knows who Hearts have signed.  I doubt they've played their style of play though.  Is Naismith still injured?

We haven't lost to them at home in the league since 2013, so hopefully we keep up that run!

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

2-0 Dons, Cosgrove and McGinn

I'm happy League Football is back. I hate a Saturday/Sunday with no Football.

Anyway, I fancy us to carry the buzz of last night into Sunday, agreed Hearts will provide a far tougher test, but we'll be hard to beat at home this season if that's the way we're going to play, and I think it'll be enough to collect 3 points.

Aberdeen 2 vs 0 Hearts ( Cosgrove, Hedges )

Hopefully we play an unchanged side from the one that started last night as nobody deserves to be dropped after that performance. Bryson can wait his chance until someone gets injured or loses form. We can afford to experiment a bit with line-ups in the League Cup.

You would have to expect Hearts to provide a sterner test that the Georgians, but having said that their showings pre-season and in the League Cup groups have been underwhelming to say the least. Naismith as far as I'm aware is fit and has been training with the Jambo's since the start of pre-season, just hadn't signed a contract until yesterday due to some loophole where the PFA in England pay out of contract players the equivalent of 1 months salary at their previous club if they haven't been snapped up by a new club a month after their contract ran out. Hopefully the odious git snaps a cruciate on Sunday leaving Hearts bitterly regretting awarding him a 4 year contract.

3-0 (Considine, Cosgrove, Gallagher)

Agree with Ten Caat that we should go with the team that started the game last night. As long as they are all fit then no reason to change a winning team. That said McInnes did mention not having Leigh play 3 games in 7 day after just coming back from injury so it maybe that he drops out but I have no idea who would take his place if he does.

Hearts will give us a much harder test than any of our Europa league opposition has so far. Be interesting to see if we stick to playing the same type of football as last night or if we revert to knocking it long against these cloggers.

In

Lift up the road then beers

Y

Train back to the Capital.

2-0 Cosgrove and McKenna

Kind of thinking Bryson will feature on Sunday, but can't think of any other changes, possibly if Devlin is fit, back at c/h & Considine back at l/b & rest Leigh :dunno:

Would be madness to change the back line imo. We've only played 4 euro games and currently, i'd say consi is vastly superior to Devlin. Against a likely brutal team, we need folk that can stand up.

I’d love us to play as we did Thursday but I just don’t see it. I fear a physical and ugly slugfest, mainly thanks to Hearts, and either 1-1 or 2-1 us. Will DM over think this and coach to the weaker opposition level or allow us to play to our strength which so far this season appears to be pacy attacking football? Go at them from the start I hope but doubt.

I can understand Mcginn being rested but not sure I agree with resting Hedges. Hearts are a team of 6 foot plus bruisers. Sure they are susceptible to being attacked with pace but first of all we have to match them physically. Hedges is 6ft himself and a lot bulkier than either Wilson or Wright. I hope I'm proven wrong and we stick 5 past them but I just feel neither of the 2 brought in offer much in the way of helping out when Hearts are attacking.

Good win, good character builder! Thought at 2-1 down we lacked a central attacking midfield sub but what do I know. We looked tired at that point but play along with the crowd really picked up. Credit to Greg Leigh for the run and cross on the game winner, much like Max Lowe there. Thought Leigh looked good and suits Scottish football, good pick up and would like us to sign him and Gallagher permanently. Seen enough to think they are both worth it. Lesson for Ojo that Scottish football has a lot of hammer throwers, he likes touches on the ball and got caught a few times today. Still played well though and also adds toughness. Typical Scott Wright performance, had a chance to standout today and did little. The clock is ticking on him and I think he drops down the pecking order when McLennan is fit. As mentioned earlier, at 0-0 Wilson should have scored, he needs goals and confidence but still an upgrade on May who is a waste on the bench.

Think Hearts will be one of the better teams as much as I despise their play. Finishing with 10 was generous. Again, good win considering it's in the middle of a European run.