Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Europa League 3rd round

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming we get through against the Georgians...

Rijeka (again) v Aberdeen

Sevco once again get a far easier tie....Midjetylland v newco

Are Rijeka better than midtjylland? Doesn't look much between the two teams on paper, and if anything, the Danes have already started their season while this (I think) will be Rijeka's first competitive games.

Are Rijeka better than midtjylland? Doesn't look much between the two teams on paper, and if anything, the Danes have already started their season while this (I think) will be Rijeka's first competitive games.

Probably not, but the huns have a better team than us and should overcome the Danes, so it'd have been nice for them to have had a much harder draw. I'm assuming that both they and us would be unseeded for the playoff game now though (I don't think we'll get through for what it's worth)?

• 2 weeks later...

So what do we know about Rijeka? Played two league games so far, winning both. Looked up their squad and I haven’t heard of anyone but that says as much about me as anything. I think they underestimated us last time and the shock 3-0 killed the tie, don’t expect that this time around.

Not wishing to tempt fate by starting a topic entitled 4th qualifying round BUT here is what we would be up against as the grouping have been confirmed:

GROUP 2

Seeded

1: Sparta Praha (CZE) / Trabzonspor (TUR)

2: Feyenoord (NED) / Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)

3: AEK Larnaca (CYP) / Gent (BEL)

4: Luzern (SUI) / Espanyol (ESP)

Unseeded

5: Universitatea Craiova (ROU) / AEK Athens (GRE)

6: Rijeka (CRO) / Aberdeen (SCO)

7: CSKA Sofia (BUL) / Zorya Luhansk (UKR)

8: Norrköping (SWE) / Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)

Anyone else booked up for this trip? I never went the last time but will be visiting another country that I've never been to before thanks to The Dons.  :thumbsup:

Afraid not mate but wish I was.

Going on holiday in four weeks time, so time away from work at a premium right now.

Have a great trip Tyrant  :thumbsup:

Am I going mad or did we know who our potential opponents might be in Play-Off Round before losing to Real Sociedad, Kairat Almaty, NK Maribor and Apollon Limassol because one can't remember there ever being a time when we dreamed about possibility of beating those mentioned above and thinking right just X or Y to beat and we've made the Europa League Group Stages!!!!

Am I going mad or did we know who our potential opponents might be in Play-Off Round before losing to Real Sociedad, Kairat Almaty, NK Maribor and Apollon Limassol because one can't remember there ever being a time when we dreamed about possibility of beating those mentioned above and thinking right just X or Y to beat and we've made the Europa League Group Stages!!!!

We definitely did for Limassol, because they were a pish team. We knew that all we had to do was buy a striker that wasn't Stockley or some other pish then we'd have made the group stages - thus making the transfer fee back. Instead of going for Moult for a few hundred thousand more, though, we waited until after we were papped out and decided on £400K bargain Stevie May.