Author Topic: Europa League 3rd round  (Read 29263 times)

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
Re: Europa League 3rd round
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »
Its the exact same as we were against Sachere. And you seen the difference when we opened up and attacked them. I don't know why McInnes keeps persisting with a system that's not working.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -107
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »
Just said to a friend Derek can actually make you feel so flat as a person when you've seen such a negative way to go about stuff does end up with said result like tonight.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »
They were a step up in class from what we have played previously but we gave them far to much respect and have paid the price. Both goals were self inflicted. Cannot see us not conceding at home so probably needing 4 to go through. Not enough quality to do that sadly.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »
Very poor, got what we deserved. Shit tactics from the past come back to haunt us.  Didn’t expect a balls out attacking performance but when, from what we have seen so far this year, our strength is in attack, why not attack more. As mentioned, Rejika are a step up from what we’ve seen but they weren’t that good. Don’t really remember any decent shot in goal. Can see us winning the second leg though, but 2-1, 3-2 or the likes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:33:48 PM by LA-Don »

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:24 PM »
thought big andy was very good, am wondering if mckenna situation has fucked it
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Online Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »
Totally flat performance from us tonight but we were comfortable nevertheless until Logan had yet another of his utter brainfarts. It's clear the boy loves playing for us but passion isn't enough. Intelligence is required at times and sadly Logan belongs in the remedial class when it comes to that. Still if we had kept it to 1-0 we would have had a more than decent chance at home.

Really hoping the new loon is indeed Logan's long term replacement.

As has been said.....cannot see us not conceding in the home leg. Absolutely can envisage a heroic but ultimately fruitless 3-1 win. These Croats are no world beaters but they are a bit more streetwise than we are.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »
and our manager is tactically remedial
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 10:20:53 PM »
That’s Logan and Cosgrove both with two bookings. Does that mean they are suspended for 2nd leg?

ETA: 3 yellow cards for a suspension.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:18:11 PM by Jute »

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2019, 01:22:00 AM »
I said last week, maybe 2 weeks ago, it's clear we're going to set up completely differently when at Home and when Away. I expected a defensive performance tonight, but not that defensive. I think you'll see a totally different mindset next week, even if we'd got a positive result tonight, we'd still have seen a totally different mindset next week. Problem is, we showed them far too much respect and started treating the Ball like a fucking grenade tonight, nobody wanted to take responsibility and that's a disappointment.

Niall McGinn was a let down, he shirked his offensive duties in my opinion, never once came for the ball, he got back and tried to help Leigh out, but offensively he was anonymous.

Considine was probably the best player for us, he coped well and won just about everything, Leigh himself looked sluggish I thought, and Logan was decent enough up until that fucking idiotic moment, he's experienced enough and shouldn't be doing that.

Ferguson was also anonymous, and guilty of gifting them the ball a few times, no coincidence that he became more prominent when Campbell came on, as he was pushed further forward, but up until then, he was fucking mince, Hedges non-existent and Ojo, although he tried to keep possession, was pretty disappointing as well. I forgot Gallagher was playing to be honest.

Cosgrove was far too isolated, he actually won a fair amount of headers etc... but no-one was close enough to him to benefit from it, you could see his frustration as the game wore on.

All of the above though, was down to our gameplan, correct line up yes, totally wrong gameplan. We offered absolutely zero threat going forward, other than 2 long strikes ( Cosgrove, Ferguson ) that were straight down their Keepers throat, we offered absolutely fuck all, and that's the most frustrating thing. When you get to this stage, against tougher opposition, an away goal is pretty much essential, we didn't even try. Very McInnes-like these last 2 seasons, that performance, devoid of anything coherent and meaningful. And whilst it's not over, it's a mountain to climb, I think they'll score next week and manage the game comfortably. Or we'll blow them out the park, lets hope it's the latter. Just feels awfully deja-vu.  :(

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:19 AM »
It's over i'm afraid Kenny. DM hasn't a clue how to play in Europe.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »
they probably have a bit more depth given they can easily spend over million euros per season on transfers, make a lot from selling players also, that said they looked beatable
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2019, 11:29:53 AM »
they probably have a bit more depth given they can easily spend over million euros per season on transfers, make a lot from selling players also, that said they looked beatable

They looked pretty average in my opinion, they were guilty of misplacing passes and gifting the ball away, so much so, up until their Penalty, their fans were getting pretty angry and being very vocal about it.

Logan being a complete fucking wank and letting the team down, gave them a massive lift and from then on, they looked pretty comfortable.

Manc, an early goal next week and you never know, we've shown in spells this season that when we play, we can be pretty threatening. But I do think Rijeka will score, hopefully we have our shooting boots on. 
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 25
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
 It was a typical unnecessarily cautious game from Mcinnes,but if I must give some leeway its the fact that weve a 50% new squad.I'll save my anger til after next week,but if he hasnt noticed already that we seem to suit a more attacking style of play,then he's being negligent.
    Enough of the timidity,early goal next week,and hud g'an.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 12:45:42 PM by Elgindon »

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »
It was a typical unnecessarily cautious game from Mcinnes,but if I must give some leeway its the fact that weve a 50% new squad.I'll save my anger til after next week,but if he hasnt noticed already that we seem to suit a more attacking style of play,then he's being negligent.
    Enough of the timidity,early goal next week,and hud g'an.

Unnecessarily cautious is an under statement. Most cautious I’ve ever seen us play, we didn’t wants to attack. Rijeka were decent but just like the last round we over estimate our opponent and try to hold out when it’s not necessary. Last round we struggle for a 1-1 draw then blast them at home, I suspect our overly cautious approach costs us our place in Europe. I believe if we’d defended higher up the field and encouraged Hedges mcginn and Gallagher to support Cosgrove we’d have got an away goal and possibly even a draw, or win! We will win at Pittodrie but not by enough. Very disappointed.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2019, 10:28:40 PM »
So how are ticket sales for this? Can't imagine Sundays result helped matters. Really need a strong performance from the outset. Its all in the mindset, if the manager wants it and plays to the teams strengths, then we've got a chance. I'm not confident in the slightest mind, 3 unanswered goals is a tall order.

Online Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
I actually think we should treat is as just needing a 2-0 victory which doesn't seem nearly as daunting a prospect. If we get 2 up, by all means try for a 3rd but at all costs do not lose an away goal. If we can get them to extra time then I think that's a decent result and we can then go for the win. Apparently Rijeka suffered a 2-0 defeat on Sunday, but on top of the defeat they've lost 2 players to injury.....one of which was a dislocated shoulder so he's definitely out and the other supposedly very doubtful.

What we cannot afford is another dreary negative shitfest that we have witnessed in the past 2 games. We have to get the crowd really up for it so the first 15 minutes absolutely pile into them. They really aren't that good.....

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2019, 12:56:28 AM »
I actually think we should treat is as just needing a 2-0 victory which doesn't seem nearly as daunting a prospect. If we get 2 up, by all means try for a 3rd but at all costs do not lose an away goal. If we can get them to extra time then I think that's a decent result and we can then go for the win. Apparently Rijeka suffered a 2-0 defeat on Sunday, but on top of the defeat they've lost 2 players to injury.....one of which was a dislocated shoulder so he's definitely out and the other supposedly very doubtful.

What we cannot afford is another dreary negative shitfest that we have witnessed in the past 2 games. We have to get the crowd really up for it so the first 15 minutes absolutely pile into them. They really aren't that good.....

Your last sentence is the main problem and point. They aren’t that good, but how many games have we played in the last 4-5 years where we’ve been ultra defensive and conservative when our opponent hasn’t been that good. Too many times we focus on the opponent rather than playing to and maximizing our strengths.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -194
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2019, 01:13:03 AM »
Just an observation from the outside;

You keep on posting about the limitations of the manager, 100% correctly and yet you sing "one Derek McInnes" on the terraces? This paradox doesn't square with me. What the fuck is the position of the AFC support?
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2019, 04:16:13 AM »
You meaning anyone specific or just people in general? For me the manager gets credit when it’s due but gets deserved criticism when he fails. I’d rather he wasn’t the manager but he is and I’m a reasonable man to acknowledge when he does something right, plus I want Aberdeen to always do well. It’s not personal, I don’t dislike the guy, I just don’t think he’s a good coach. That's where he’s limited and has shown that many times. Like many though, it’s a new season, optimism, and I’m running into a brick wall again and again hoping for a different result.

Besides a manager who wins the league, every cup, the Eurovision Song Contest, the general election, Wimbledon, defeats Clubber Lang, over powers Lincoln Hawk, out wits Garry Kasparov, sees off Joey Chestnut, and beds 12 Victoria Secret models on consecutive nights, what would make you happy?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:23:44 AM by LA-Don »

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2019, 07:26:37 AM »
At home games at least you don't hear 'One Derek McInnes' being sung much now and if it is it is very low key.

From what I see and hear I think most people are fed up of what is happening with the team over say the last 18 months.

I am also led to believe that Season Ticket sales have dropped a good deal this season and also the renewal of the DNS thing has plummeted also, make of that what you will.

I renewed my ST, but I admit to not looking forward to this season and not even bothering going on Thursday night.