Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v RoPS 1st Leg

Well our season starts tomorrow. I've no idea how we'll line up. I'm struggling a wee bit with the remains of last season's apathy and I think we've had a pretty dreadful transfer window so far. I'm shocked at how so many people are happy with the shite we've signed. But fingers crossed that this Finish mob will be more shite than us and we can get through. Pre-season results so far haven't been very encouraging even though I know it's not really about the results. It still kind of is.  ::) Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll actually be fucking ace.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm intrigued more than excited. My expectations based on last season's signings at the start of that season were low, and I'm in that same mindset this season. I'm with you in that I think we're a few signings short and the ones that we have made are fairly average. A lot will hinge on two signings for me. If Wilson turns out to be good at fitba then that would be a massive bonus and if the left back is anywhere near as good as Lowe then that'll be a boost too. I'm not seeing any other areas in which we've strengthened so I expect us to be worse.

My team would be:

---------------Lewis---------------

Logan---Devlin--McKenna---NewGuyWho'sNameICan'tBeArsedLookingUp

--------Ferguson--Bryson--------

Wilson-----Hedgeees-----McGinn

------------Cosgrove--------------

I think Wilson makes for as shite a winger as Stewart, but we might as well gie him a shottie.

Nae quite ready for fitba yet,so am oot for this one,and probably will be til early August,but fair play to the 13k who've bought tickets,a decent amount.

Curious to see how we shape up,hopefully signs that we're a bit more imaginative than last season.  COYR

I'm in for this one too as the youngest asked to go along, but not looking forward to it which is unusual for me first game of the season.

I haven't got a clue what the starting line up will be, well defence should be all but sorted, but middle of the park may well be a tombola job.

4-0 Curtis Main x 4

I'll be there but I'm trying to curb any pre season enthusiasm.

The last time I got really really excited about a game was that Euro tie that was going to kick off the start of a new glory era under the auspices of our wonderful new manager Mark McGhee.

Don't have a good vibe about this. Can see us going 2-0 up but losing a late goal and I then believe we will have to score at least once in Finland to progress.

Team? Haven't a clue...can't see Bryson being risked starting but he could be thrown in just to bamboozle the Finns as they won't have seen him play except on Derby videoes. Left back, it's been kept very quiet if the new boy has recovered or whether Consi will have to slot in. Up front....your guess is as good as mine.

Hoping we stick 4 past them to put the tie to bed there and then but my gut instinct says my opening paragraph will be the accurate scenario

Oh well here we go again. Massively underwhelmed by the summer signings so far Bryson aside. As others have said no idea of how we will line up. I do not think the lack of creation in the middle of the park has been addressed so we might see McGinn being played in there with Ferguson and Campbell. Do not think Bryson will be risked for first leg. RoPS will have match sharpness on us but if we cannot beat the team that are 3rd bottom of the Finnish league over 2 legs then we really should consider chucking it.

In

Bus up and hopefully time for a beer

Y thunderstorms permitting

Bus back to capital

2-0 Ferguson and McGinn

Too much doom and gloom lads. Here’s my take. Main provides competition for playing time with Cosgrove, I think that brings more out of both. Wilson will be better, reality check for him and I’m pretty sure he sees us as a shop window and will perform. Both hedges and Gallagher look promising. No clue about the left back but we couldn’t afford a Lowe type player and he can’t be worse than Considine at left back. Looks strong, powerful, good in the air, and pacy, attributes that are good for our league. We all agree Bryson is a good signing and I expect him to have the influence Robson had on our central midfield and team. Make or break year for Scotty Wright, has looked lively in preseason and perhaps a breakout like McKenna had returning from Ayr United.

Glass is half full! Happier today than I was at the start of last season.

Considine played a fantastic ball in from the left for Cosgrove 10 minutes...cosgrove put it wide from about 5 yards out  :hammer:

Couple of minutes later from a cleared corner Hedges had great shot from outside box superbly saved.

RoPS look quick on the break