Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

A Sheep On Fire

Does anybody know what happened to or where the velcro sheep costume guy is who was set on fire while travelling back to Aberdeen via train Halloween 2009???  Still can't believe no custodial sentence given out.  £25,000 compensation also seemed a little too small for me.  Remember that day very vividly as two Hibernian supporters gave me V-Sign as walking down Waverley Train Station steps then shouted;

"Hope your train crashes!!"

Never understand these so called 'football fans'.  I think this was the incident where we stopped wearing our Aberdeen colours.  It is stuff like the above which makes me want to walk away from the game at times.     

Why did he get compensation?

Who had to pay that?

If I remember right the boy wot done it paid thr boy dressed as a sheep £25k and thus avoided a custodial sentence. Should have asked the boy who got burnt if he'd rather have £25k or send the other boy to the Nick for a few months.

The odd thing about it is that it seems to be a common occurrence - people dressed as sheep being set on fire.

Man jailed in 2010 for setting student dressed as sheep on fire

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2010/may/18/leeds-student-sheep-fancy-dress-court

2014: Bouncer sets student dressed as sheep on fire

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2014/07/12/shocking-images-of-student-in-sheep-costume-being-set-on-fire-by-bouncer-released-4795637/amp/

2016: Student dressed as sheep set on fire

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666147/Cambridge-university-student-s-sheep-costume-set-on-fire-at-summer-party/amp

Some people really don't like seeing students dressed as sheep.

If I remember right the boy wot done it paid thr boy dressed as a sheep £25k and thus avoided a custodial sentence. Should have asked the boy who got burnt if he'd rather have £25k or send the other boy to the Nick for a few months.

Fair enough.

Although I'm not sure I agree with being able to buy yourself out of a prosecution.

In fact I am sure, sure I don't agree with it.

Fair enough.

Although I'm not sure I agree with being able to buy yourself out of a prosecution.

In fact I am sure, sure I don't agree with it.

It don't think he did, I think that he was "ordered to pay" and he was prosecuted. Would you prefer that everyone got sent to jail for everything? 

Why did he get compensation?

Who had to pay that?

Not sure if it's relevant in this case but there is, or at least there was back in my day, something called the CICB - the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board. I always thought it an arbitrary awards system and whilst I have no problem with taxpayers money helping out the unfortunate, the fucking expense of employing the quango quasi-civil servants types in these roles was the bigger crime, given the waste, inefficiency and corruption.