Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I can imagine it being true. The board seem to want him throughout their "project"* and he's certainly given them a return no their investment in him with hugely increased revenues in the time he's been here. If he has a decent next season then someone somewhere will likely put in an offer too. I don't think the board see things the way that the fans do. He's stable, done a good job so far and unlikely to fuck up massively in the near future.

*by that I mean, he fits perfectly into that weird document they released the other day

Aye, I'd agree that another season is deserved. I'd like to see how he does with his re-building just to satisfy my own intrigue rather than from any footballing point of view. To me, there hasn't been failure on his part, just the signs of failure. This coming season will see if he explicitly fails or not and I think he's owed the opportunity to do that! 67 points from that squad is pretty impressive all things considered as we were clearly lacking in some key areas (especially with GMS missing for half of the season). It shows the strength of the competition that ~70 points would have been required to secure 3rd spot and I think that's a good thing.

For me, McInnes is still the second best manager in the league behind Clarke, although we'd arguably get a similar return from Lennon, Robinson and perhaps Heckingbottom (although I have a feeling the bottom will fall out of his Hecking shortly). That doesn't mean I don't think we can do better, its just that there isn't better in the SPL and it is worth noting. His weaknesses are there for all to see, with his biggest weakness to date being in the transfer market. Unfortunately his shitness in the transfer market leaves him having to grind out results in a brutal campaign in order just to get close to 3rd place. Clarke's far more efficient approach in signing players who perform a very specific set of tasks was much more successful, but perhaps - perversely - has its limitations with a bigger budget and more is expected of individual players (I don't think it does but see Stewart who couldn't cope when asked to do more than one thing for an example). With so many players leaving I see this as a prime opportunity for McInnes to take on Clarke's approach by being very specific in the transfer market (with a couple of Ball's to fill in the gaps). Weirdly enough, guys like Wilson and May fit quite well into that approach as they both clearly have their very obvious uses and very obvious limitations (as does Curtis Main actually). A lot will depend on his first few signings. They're going to have to be very good to take the pressure off the rest of the summer and allow him to be a bit more risky to try and take us forward (i.e not Dom Ball).

What I'd really like to see next season though is more corporate PDFs being released by the club. They make me feel really positive about what's happening at Pittodrie. Vision, ken?

Aye, I'd agree that another season is deserved. I'd like to see how he does with his re-building just to satisfy my own intrigue rather than from any footballing point of view. To me, there hasn't been failure on his part, just the signs of failure. This coming season will see if he explicitly fails or not and I think he's owed the opportunity to do that! 67 points from that squad is pretty impressive all things considered as we were clearly lacking in some key areas (especially with GMS missing for half of the season). It shows the strength of the competition that ~70 points would have been required to secure 3rd spot and I think that's a good thing.

For me, McInnes is still the second best manager in the league behind Clarke, although we'd arguably get a similar return from Lennon, Robinson and perhaps Heckingbottom (although I have a feeling the bottom will fall out of his Hecking shortly). That doesn't mean I don't think we can do better, its just that there isn't better in the SPL and it is worth noting. His weaknesses are there for all to see, with his biggest weakness to date being in the transfer market. Unfortunately his shitness in the transfer market leaves him having to grind out results in a brutal campaign in order just to get close to 3rd place. Clarke's far more efficient approach in signing players who perform a very specific set of tasks was much more successful, but perhaps - perversely - has its limitations with a bigger budget and more is expected of individual players (I don't think it does but see Stewart who couldn't cope when asked to do more than one thing for an example). With so many players leaving I see this as a prime opportunity for McInnes to take on Clarke's approach by being very specific in the transfer market (with a couple of Ball's to fill in the gaps). Weirdly enough, guys like Wilson and May fit quite well into that approach as they both clearly have their very obvious uses and very obvious limitations (as does Curtis Main actually). A lot will depend on his first few signings. They're going to have to be very good to take the pressure off the rest of the summer and allow him to be a bit more risky to try and take us forward (i.e not Dom Ball).

What I'd really like to see next season though is more corporate PDFs being released by the club. They make me feel really positive about what's happening at Pittodrie. Vision, ken?

I'm wanting whoever does the fonts sacked immediately. We're just not ambitious enough with them.  :hammer: