Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

If it's the same thing as reported on the Hat, it involved DM, Lewis and Shinnie. Expects 7-8 signings over the summer with 3 maybe 4 of them announced within the next fortnight.....one of which would be considered potential captain material.

I think given that we know Shaughnessy has rejected a new contract at St Johnstone, he'd have to be considered as one of the " Hopefully announced in the next few weeks " category, and in that respect, I'd say the other 2 are probably Arnoud Djoum & Tommie Hoban. I think the remaining additions will be a combination of waiting to see whats available down south as well as what budget he might get from the potential sale of McKenna.

I completely appreciate that Hoban would be a risk, given he's suffered 2 serious injuries, but if he could avoid repercussions, he'd be a great coup in my opinion, he was our best defender when he came into the team, so cool, calm & positive and literally had no heart in mouth moments when he was mopping up, he was excellent, so I personally would love it to happen.

Djoum & Shaughnessy are just educated guesses given what we've heard in the background, more so with Shaughnessy as we know we have offered him a contract and we know he's not staying at St Johnstone.

Just read a bit more that was posted overnight.....it was a q+a for corporate season ticket holders...

There was a fair amount of interest in Lewis prior to him signing new deal and the deal "had to be structured in such a way that was acceptable to both parties"...….hmm smells like a release clause if certain fee is bid by another club.

GMS and Shinnie will be fit to play in final match of season against Hivs...GMS "likely" to go to MLS once contract expired

Ethan Ross to feature prominently next season

As usual there will be loans....budget needs adhered to, loans allow this to be stretched as far as possible

Captain could be Logan, Lewis or McKenna or a couple of the new players ( hmm no Devlin?? also on another thread Paul Coutts has been released by Sheff U....wife wants to move back to Aberdeen asap apparently......)

Mentioned how poor refs were. Obviously doesn't like Gerrard very much. And apparently the finger buffet was excellent..

I really doubt very much Hoban is one of them (for now anyway). There is absolutely no guarantee that he will ever be fit enough to play again and I don't think any team will risk giving him a contract until he has completed his rehabilitation and likely join up for a trial period thereafter to prove his fitness. Cruciates generally are 9 months out minimum....that's November. Then he would have to build up strength in the knee plus regain his conditioning that was lost being unable to train regularly.....so at least January I'd say at the earliest before anyone would risk taking him on trial.

Also bear in mind what we pay our players is significantly less that the money he was on at Watford (reputedly 12k/week). He would get nowwhere near that joining us (though his options will likely be VERY limited given he has done both knees in)

Coutts? The perennial dons signing. Is he actually any good? One of our midfielders is a Scotland u21, Shinnie has five caps and in team of the season and before that we had McLean who has looked comfortable at the top end of the championship. We need to be replacing with someone pretty damn good. Seems like a poor man's Don Cowie for me like, but could be wrong.

Ross has looked good in the minutes he's been given and he had suitors down South a season or so ago. Expect him to replace Wright in the "next big thing" role. Hopefully he'll live up to it.

I'd go for Logan as captain. Loose cannon who hates the fucking tims.

Four signings in the next couple of weeks is the least we should expect. These guys will hopefully have been scouted to death and are genuine first teamers. Ball should be snapped up in a month's time once we realise the rest of our signings have been shite, not now.

I really doubt very much Hoban is one of them (for now anyway). There is absolutely no guarantee that he will ever be fit enough to play again and I don't think any team will risk giving him a contract until he has completed his rehabilitation and likely join up for a trial period thereafter to prove his fitness. Cruciates generally are 9 months out minimum....that's November. Then he would have to build up strength in the knee plus regain his conditioning that was lost being unable to train regularly.....so at least January I'd say at the earliest before anyone would risk taking him on trial.

Also bear in mind what we pay our players is significantly less that the money he was on at Watford (reputedly 12k/week). He would get nowwhere near that joining us (though his options will likely be VERY limited given he has done both knees in)

You know what, I completely forgot about Dom Ball, as Rico points out above me there, he'll probably be the 3rd and not Hoban, I thought Hoban would have been fit come the start of the season, completely forgetting that it was only a short while ago he suffered his injury, I am not on form this morning  :rofl: :rofl:

You know what, I completely forgot about Dom Ball, as Rico points out above me there, he'll probably be the 3rd and not Hoban, I thought Hoban would have been fit come the start of the season, completely forgetting that it was only a short while ago he suffered his injury, I am not on form this morning  :rofl: :rofl:

I pointed out Ball before Rico....pay attention  :rofl:

I'd quite happily try and get deal done for Hoban, not an ideal scenario, but the chance of getting a quality player who could potentially get us some money in the long term is one I would be willing to take and sure he would be easy to deal with.

One of the questions in relation to next years was recorded. DM said that there is likely to be 7-8 signing and 1 or 2 could be announced in the next 2-3 weeks.  Not sure where this 3-4 signings in the next week came from.  Fully expect one of the two to be Ball.  Joe Shugnessey probably the other

Going to go against the grain here and say would not be happy if we signed Ball or Hoban. Hoban is a great player when fit but problem is he is never fit. To injury prone. Ball at his best is a mediocre defensive midfielder who looks out his depth against the better clubs. Not the sort of player a club that is looking to challenge at the top end of the league should be looking to sign.

We signed Devlin when he wasn't fit enough to play for another six months.

I think we'll take the risk on Hoban. If it pays off then Aberdeen get a very good player on the cheap.

And how much of last season did Devlin miss through injury? Then ended up being unable to displace Considine as first pick  for the final 3 months of the season ( and when he did get a start, usually needed replacing after 60-70 minutes??).

I don't think it is any coincidence we are now trying to get another right sided centre back on board.....be it Shaughnessy or as todays rumour has it......resigning Big Gash  :o

We got Devlin in early so we could oversee his rehab for a very small fee (£25k). As I keep saying....Hoban has done BOTH cruciates in now. And at the very earliest (and it's being optimistic) MIGHT be ready to turn out in a few reserve games as a trialist come late January. But there is absolutely no evidence at the minute he will ever be able to play again at any level, far less professionally. Our budget is tight as it is. We cannot be awarding guys who we know are injury prone ( check out EXACTLY how many games he has played since turning professional) and who won't be able to play at all for the first half of the season.