Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

:thumbsup: This is brilliant news! He is the best keeper we have had since Snelders (arguably as good or better). At best we get a brilliant goalkeeper for the next 5 years and at worst we sell him in a year or two for a 7 figure sum. He could easily play in the English Premier League. He makes world class saves regularly and makes VERY few mistakes. How many of the keepers in the Premier League could claim that? Not many, I would suggest!

Joe, Joe, Super Joe! :ultras:

Fantastic news, don't really think LA_Don's cynicism will prove to be anything other than that. Loon and his family love the lifestyle up here which proves that chasing big bucks down south is not always a player's prime motivation. Although every player does have his price....I'm sure if an EPL club came in then he would be offski but he's ensured that we at least would get full market value and a bit more on top now. But I hope he sees every last day of his contract out with us of course.

Aye it's great news.

It wasn't great having shite keepers, I had always taken for granted that the Dons would have the best in goal.

Bobby Clark / Ernie McGarr / Andy Geoghan

Jim Leighton / Bryan Gunn

Theo Snelders

Those 3 first choice keepers lasted a long time in my AFC watching career, mostly with extremely decent back up.

Then the winderness years, some of the names I really don't want to remember.

Joe Lewis has given us our stability back.

Now, for the rest of the team.

Aye it's great news.

It wasn't great having shite keepers, I had always taken for granted that the Dons would have the best in goal.

Theo Snelders

Those 3 first choice keepers lasted a long time in my AFC watching career, mostly with extremely decent back up.

I think you can add Peter Kjaer in there, the others I'm glad to forget!

Aye it's great news.

Theo Snelders

Yep :thumbsup:

Only picked pu on this last night when I got in from golf at the back of nine and couldn't be arsed coming online and commenting but this is a great piece of business by the club and all should be congratulated upon it.

Lewis made clear very early in his Aberdeen career how grateful he was to the club for giving him the opportunity to get his career back on track and playing week in / week out.

Absolutely no doubt that this has proved to be a win win for both parties  :thumbsup:

My favourite goalkeeper was David Gonzalez.  Loved that Colombian Lady Killer!!!!!  Remember us having a lot of foreign guys like Sasa Ilic and Bertrand Bossu that barely featured at all.

Really? He was pap. Not many worse than him although you mentioned one who definitely was.

Burridge was a decent stand in ana….mad as a box of frogs but never let us down

I loved Budgie, I remember a night at Firhill, it was pishing it down and they let the Aberdeen supporters who were in the open terrace (they had closed the shed as they were building the Jackie Husband Stand) go in under the main stand in the old enclosure, he was on brilliant form and we had a great bounce. Score was 1-1.

My favourite goalkeeper was David Gonzalez.  Loved that Colombian Lady Killer!!!!!  Remember us having a lot of foreign guys like Sasa Ilic and Bertrand Bossu that barely featured at all.

I have to take exception to Bossu even being mentioned in the same thread as Joe Lewis, Jim Leighton, Theo Snelders, Peter Kjaer John Burridge etc. Bossu is THE worst goalkeeper I have ever seen (claiming to be a goalkeeper) in my life. I include amateur level in that comment. He was dreadful. I remember watching us play Killie one day and he was lucky not to concede 10. I think we lost 3-0 or 4-0. He was rank. I don't say things like that lightly either. There are a lot of people on here that like to post extreme comments about various things, however, I would describe myself more as a devils advocate and see both sides or most arguments. With this, there is no argument and I will not hear otherwise!! phew, rant over. Sorry, you touched a nerve Seebass!

I remember Jim Leighton being somewhat pissed off at Calderwood giving him the credit for giving the thumbs up to sign up when it was obvious from day 1 that he didn't have a clue where he should even stand in the box.