Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dhims - Sat : 1230 ko

Celtic really aren't in great form, but it's even more frustrating that we've got the injuries and lack of form ourselves.  Can't see anything but a 3-0 loss here, with that prick Rogic scoring again.

Out

Melbourne

Out in Melbourne

Bed (in Melbourne - not sure I mentioned this)

0-3, no dons scorer

Am going, but not sure I'm particularly looking forward to it.

We have a threadbare squad, we're not playing well and you know they'll get their usual helping hand by the officials.

Kick off at 1230, probably in the bar by half 1.

If McLennan is out as expected we are really struggling for width. Could go with Ethan Ross and Miko Virtanen as wide options but I would expect McInnes to go with a disinterested Stewart and Wilson. With Considine suspended Devlin will come into play along side McKenna at the back. Would expect Lowe and Ball to continue at full backs. None of the above fills we with any hope and fully expect McInnes to try and shitfest our way to 0-0 and fail miserably.

In

Stupidly early train then pub once its open

Y

Cove v East Kilbride play off then train back to Capital.

3-0 no dons scorer.

If McLennan is out as expected we are really struggling for width. Could go with Ethan Ross and Miko Virtanen as wide options but I would expect McInnes to go with a disinterested Stewart and Wilson. With Considine suspended Devlin will come into play along side McKenna at the back. Would expect Lowe and Ball to continue at full backs. None of the above fills we with any hope and fully expect McInnes to try and shitfest our way to 0-0 and fail miserably.

Given the personnel, what would you think our best approach would be?

Personally I'd have Stewart cleaning the bogs till his contract expires and if we have to throw a couple of young eens in for this then so be it....our games that will really count are those against the Edinburgh duo.

Looks like we have no option other than to play Devlin from the start. I'd be putting Halford in a right back and getting Ball into midfield to cover the lack of Shinnie.

Really cannot see anything other than another defeat.

I've decided to go along tomorrow so that's one less problem for DM to concern himself with, but have to admit not looking forward to it.

I'm hoping we get a result like that end of season game back around 03/04, when the team of kids went to Parkhead and got a result. A few folk thinking Celtic may let us win tomorrow to clinch the league at Ibrox, but I think that is fanciful and also think Hibs can beat the Hun.

2-1 to us, but that is my heart talking. Big Sam and Gleeson with a 50 yard screamer.

COYR

A few folk thinking Celtic may let us win tomorrow to clinch the league at Ibrox, but I think that is fanciful and also think Hibs can beat the Hun.

COYR

I know it's not your idea so don't think I'm aiming this at you, but that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Even allowing for the fact that teams don't just let other teams win, if we beat the Tims tomorrow and then the Huns beat them next week then it's down to the last day. I'm sure they'll risk that just to try win the league at Ibrox  :rofl:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I take it that the cynical element of our support that claimed our win at Parkhead last season did not count because Celtic had nothing to play for think the same way tomorrow when we do not try and get humped by three or four since our season is over anyway.  ;D

I take it that the cynical element of our support that claimed our win at Parkhead last season did not count because Celtic had nothing to play for think the same way tomorrow when we do not try and get humped by three or four since our season is over anyway.  ;D

Season is not over as we have a European place to play for.

Thought we played well in first half and created several good chances. A half decent striker on the field and we could easily have been 2-0 up. Defending for all their goals was awful especially 2nd. Hopefully Jambos and Tribute Act can do us favours today. It would be unacceptable not to get Europe.

Question: is finishing 4th more acceptable if it gets us into Europe than it would be if it doesnt?

No, it's not acceptable to finish below Kilmarnock.

That's not big club arrogance, it's down to budgets. We took their best player off them in January too.

I can accept our injury list curtailing our efforts to finish second (should have still given it a better stab though) but not missing out on third.

Wilson - you can see there's a player there. Given the run of games Cosgrove has had I'd fancy him to score more across the season.

You can tell he's not played much though. Should be burying at least two of the chances that came his way today.

Well I went along and still scratching my head as to how we didn't go into half time in the lead.  I know he missed his chances, but thought Wilson was very good today, showed his quality and can only assume he was using this opportunity to put himself in the shop window. No idea why it hasn't worked for him up here but watching him today you can see he has quality, far more ability than our top goalscorer, but as someone used to say it's a funny old game.

Logan was out on his arse by the time he came off and then Halford had to go off injured not long after he replaced him which just summed up the second half for us.

Scott Brown is a mutant of the highest order. They buried their greatest ever captain yesterday, but I doubt anyone will shed a tear when he snuffs it, a cretin. No idea why he decided to take out the young lad Ross so late into the game, but showed once again what a classless prick he really is.

I didn't expect a win today and we didn't get one, but fuck we should have gave tham a scare by taking our chances.

Worst we should finish is third. Anything other than that is totally unacceptable in my eyes. Disappointed we didn’t give rangers a better challenge for second but I do accept injuries have hurt us. What’s disappointing is how our style of play has changed over the last two years. For the most part we are not enjoyable to watch any more. If we don’t make Europe my initial thought was that it really hurts us in the transfer market but given how mediocre we’ve been in the transfer market in recent years does it honestly make a difference??

Sadly, like many, pretty happy for the season to end but boy, the future of our team is concerning.