Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tribute Act Away 28/04

Another trip to Snake Mountain approaches but due to current injury issues not sure we will be able to keep our unbeaten run in Glasgow against these minks going. Ferguson will be back but looking like Shinnie will be out so would expect Gleeson to retain his place in the middle of the park. Would expect the rest of the team to be the one that started last Saturday as long as they are all fit. TV for me this time as wife working and not exposing the bairn to those vile cunts by taking her along.

Oot

Park with bairn as long weather good

In fornt of tv

Flat or probably back in the park

2-0 no dons scorer

Is Ferguson not still suspended? I thought he had a two match ban?

If Shinnie is missing, then I expect he'll play Devlin at right back and move Ball into midfield and Gleeson and play a 4-5-1. If Ferguson also missing then I think we're screwed (I think we'll struggle without Shinnie anyway).

Is Ferguson not still suspended? I thought he had a two match ban?

If Shinnie is missing, then I expect he'll play Devlin at right back and move Ball into midfield and Gleeson and play a 4-5-1. If Ferguson also missing then I think we're screwed (I think we'll struggle without Shinnie anyway).

Was it not first league game and next Scottish Cup game that he was to serve for his ban ?

Yep Ferguson only got 1 league match and will serve the further game in next season's Scottish Cup.

Sadly concur with Jute, can't see us getting anything from this one. Kent will tear Ball a new one and Gleeson's lack of mobility will be exploited at every opportunity. We operate with a squad that is fairly thin at the best of times. Having no Shinnie, Logan, McGinn and GMS available is just too much to expect anything other than a defeat. I suspect a grim defensive rearguard action with the hope of shitfesting a 0-0 draw will be the order of the day. But I also expect at least one red card for us...…….for that reason alone I'd be leaving Cosgrove on the bench until fairly late on in the game.

Would happily take a draw here but I can't see it happening either. Stranger things have happened under DM, but it feels like too much is against us.  If the huns fail to win, does that delay the title party?  Not that i'm bothered about where the title is going as it's not us, but if there is additional salt to be added to the huns, i'll gladly take it.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

Agree with Jute on this one, 2-0 huns, no dons scorer

Out of interest, does anyone care how we finish the season now? Not getting Europe would be a disaster, but it's another trophyless season. Massive missed opportunities in the cups this season. Again.

Must finish 3rd this season to guarantee Europe. 4th will probably be good enough as well but would rather we did not have to want the Green Orcs to win anything.

Europe is absolutely vital. We won't get a draw like Burnley again and if we can play even 3 rounds with Pittodrie crowds of 15k we make over a million profit on the crowds alone. I'd obviously prefer us to so it finishing third (if nothing else gets us more prize money) but 4th should be fine......looking for either a Hearts win today or a draw.

We got unlucky in the Scottish Cup by ending up in the half of the draw with Celtic sevco ourselves Killie etc whilst Hearts ended up in the half with Auchenshoogle Rovers, Buckie Thistle (u14s), and Hibs Ladies. But again the 2 games gainst sevco plus the semi at Hampden at least means we should have made a few quid out of it despite the disappointment.

I want us to finish as high up the table as possible,  the preference is to finish top, but we don't have that mentality as a club, regardless of how how difficult it is, so as high as possible.

I don't think we will get anything from tomorrows game and it fucking pains me to write that, but clinging on to the hope that we are usually at our best when up against it.

They're fairly bumping their gums leading up to this game, first Gerrard and now Flanagan, fucking odious wankers.

We've did relatively well against them this season, so there is generally nothing to " fear " but we are getting more and more depleted as the season goes on and I personally think it'll be too big an ask tomorrow, I think they have won their last 4 as well, quite comfortably, so they're going into this game with a degree of confidence, as should we considering how we've fared this season when up against them, however, as I alluded to, the squad isn't as whole as we'd like.

I think it'll be a high scoring defeat tomorrow with a red card or two, sadly.

Huns 4 vs 0 Aberdeen ( Would love to be proved wrong again )

Aberdeen are due a hiding at Ibrox. Today will be it. They're "a class above" after all, as the league table proves. Bizarrely, Celtic are a class above again but anybody watching the game yesterday would struggle to see the major quality difference between the Kilmarnock players and the champions. The SPFL is full of average journeymen footballers, unsurprisingly given how little they're paid compared to good footballers.

Consi was ok. Beaten by a ref determined to give sevco their first pen when there was nothing in it. Playing catch up with our decimated squad......and its now even thinner for Celtic and the rest of the season...…..was never going to be realistic. Tbh we should have been 2 down at half time but for Joe keeping us in it

Well, that was fucking abysmal.

I appreciate we have injuries, but there was absolutely no intent to win the game of football out there today. We sat back for the entire game, had 1 deflected effort on target and the scoreline would have been 4/5-0 had it not been for a few impressive saves from Lewis, in particular, the first 1 vs 1 Defoe had, that was a truly tremendous save.

The usual suspects were non-existent, our game plan, I think I have worked it out, we play for set pieces and hope we score from them.

Joe Lewis the only player to get pass marks, the rest were fucking shite, I want to know what has happened to Devlin, was a good addition, started not too badly either, but went downhill for the guy at an alarming rate. Maybe just needs another pre-season in him.

Rangers Penalties 2018/19

5th August one against Aberdeen, 15th September one against Dundee, 21st October two against Hamilton Academical, 11th November one against Motherwell, 2nd February four against St.Mirren albeit only three scored, 6th February one against Aberdeen, 27th February one against Hamilton Academical, 28th April two against Aberdeen, 12th July one against FK Shkupi, 9th August one against Maribor and 4th October one against Rapid Vienna.