Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Killie - Dons - Sat

Massive game. Lose this and getting third will be a tall order (i've written second off).  Last week was pathetic, as it was predictable. We have a decent record down there, so we've nothing to fear, but it does feel like we really need to get back to basics. I guess given our home form , it's probably best that this game isn't at Pittodrie. Hopefully we see a reaction from the team.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

2-2, Cosgrove and Shinnie

Aye, important one. Would be nice to push the hun all the way for second with a very strong finish to the season (including beating them again of course). I doubt we will like (push the huns for second), but I think we've got a good chance this weekend. One thing about having a weak bench and injuries means that the team picks itself.

-------------Lewis-------------

Ball--Consi--McKenna--Lowe

----Campbell--Shinnie--------

-McLennan---May---Stewart-

-----------Cosgrove----------

Might see Gleeson in for Campbell I suppose, but hope not. I'd actually put May out wide and Stewart through the centre, but I think McInnes will keep him wide.

As Manc says massive game and one we have to win if we are to have any chance of third. Thankfully have Shinnie backas direct replacement for Ferguson. Would be tempted to play Gleeson beside him instead of Campbell but suspect McInnes will stick with Campbell. Assuming he is not suspended would still drop Ball and give Halford a run at right back. Main problem is going to be lack of width with McGinn and GMS both out. Stewart is a waste of shirt out wide (or anywhere in a red shirt) so maybe go with Ethan Ross there. Really was bad planning letting Wright go on loan. Got to win this as cannot face thought of league cup groups.

In

Train up from Sunderland after Good Friday game there

Away end

Train back to Capital

2-1 May and Considine.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I think DM will have the team well fired up for this one after the poor performance last Sunday and I fancy us to get the win.

I might even have a few quid on the Dons at 15/8.

:headbanger:

Honestly can't see Halford featuring at all unless Ball or one of our other defenders suffer an injury pre-match (and even then Devlin would probably be ahead of him to start). I've got big enough doubts that Ball can handle the pace of Jordan Jones.....I'd have even bigger doubts about a guy who's even bigger than Ball (and far less mobile) having to face him.

I think I'd be putting Gleeson in alongside Shinnie for this one. Campbell has done well so far but this is a game we need experience in. We can't afford to lose it as with the arse cheeks to follow in the next 2 games there is a high possibility of nul points.....by the time we face the Edinburgh clubs Killie could be out of sight for 3rd place.

Hoping to be a late in for this one

1-1 (McKenna)

Difficult away game today, I think Kilmarnock have a full squad to choose from whereas we are rather depleted.

Hopefully we at least have a psychological thing over the Killie players. Sadly though, I can't see us winning today, think we may come away with a score draw.

Kilmarnock 1 vs 1 Aberdeen ( Wilson* ) 

*Comes off the bench with around 4 minutes remaining, goes on a mad run and fires a rocket into the top corner.

Pretty dire stuff, will be lucky if Devlin and Cosgrove finish the game. Killie down to 10, only a matter of time before we lose one at this rate. Would sub Cosgrove ASAP.

Can't really argue with any of that.

Fucking brutal game

McLean has not got a fucking clue out there and is going to even it up given half a chance.

All things considered, it's a welcome 3 points. We were so depleted and had absolutely zero creativity out there, but we handled Killie well and took our chance when it came.

3 Points, clean sheet and into 3rd. Fuck Killie, their odd fans and their sour faced cunt of a manger. I thought all 3 reds were merited and Mulumbu could have been off as well, after kicking May when he was on the floor.

Dreadful game of football but a much needed 3 points. We were brutal and created very little even when Killie went down to 10. Why Killie tried to engaged us in a physical contest is beyond me. They way they lost the plot was hilarious.

I actually quite enjoyed the first half but the second was brutal.  Tell you what though, the guys on killie TV were pretty objective with their commentary. I say this because I find it laughable Clarke questions the first red when his own club's TV channel is saying it was the correct decision.  Broadfoot is such a shithouse, watching his bubbly at being sent off was hilarious.

Home and sunburnt  :o

Massive 3 points, takes Hearts out of the equation for 3rd/4th and if Celtic can beat Hibs tomorrow it will almost (not quite but would require a freakish run of results from now on in) achieve the same.

Eye bleeding to watch, Cosgrove really should have had a red before Clubfoot got his marching orders. Even down to 10 men they continued to cause us problems, Shinnie having one of his poorer games in midfield and again, absolutely incredible he didn't even get a yellow for all the fouls he committed. Gleeson did nothing spectacular but was a steadying influence. Devlin lucky to get away with a yellow for his foul on Brophy....uncannnily similar circumstances to the one at Pittodrie where he did cop a red....even the timing early on in the game. And his distribution is woeful. Again cannot complete a full 90 minutes...worrying. Ball I suspect will cop a citing and get a retrospective red for his part in the final Killie sending off in extra time. McLennan anonymous and achieved his now expected party piece by running the ball out of play once again.

M.o.m. purely by eliminating the above leaves a choice of Lowe, Consi, May, McKenna or Joe. McKenna pinching it purely because he scored the winner.

On to Ibrokes. Similar performance will see them absolutely horse us and we will probably receive a couple of red cards for our trouble. Might well find ourselves without Shinnie and Ball for this one, injury and Compliance Officer dependent.

I actually quite enjoyed the first half but the second was brutal.  Tell you what though, the guys on killie TV were pretty objective with their commentary. I say this because I find it laughable Clarke questions the first red when his own club's TV channel is saying it was the correct decision.  Broadfoot is such a shithouse, watching his bubbly at being sent off was hilarious.

Ha, I was thinking that too, you two boys were pretty good and honest.

Home and sunburnt  :o

Massive 3 points, takes Hearts out of the equation for 3rd/4th and if Celtic can beat Hibs tomorrow it will almost (not quite but would require a freakish run of results from now on in) achieve the same.

Eye bleeding to watch, Cosgrove really should have had a red before Clubfoot got his marching orders. Even down to 10 men they continued to cause us problems, Shinnie having one of his poorer games in midfield and again, absolutely incredible he didn't even get a yellow for all the fouls he committed. Gleeson did nothing spectacular but was a steadying influence. Devlin lucky to get away with a yellow for his foul on Brophy....uncannnily similar circumstances to the one at Pittodrie where he did cop a red....even the timing early on in the game. And his distribution is woeful. Again cannot complete a full 90 minutes...worrying. Ball I suspect will cop a citing and get a retrospective red for his part in the final Killie sending off in extra time. McLennan anonymous and achieved his now expected party piece by running the ball out of play once again.

M.o.m. purely by eliminating the above leaves a choice of Lowe, Consi, May, McKenna or Joe. McKenna pinching it purely because he scored the winner.

On to Ibrokes. Similar performance will see them absolutely horse us and we will probably receive a couple of red cards for our trouble. Might well find ourselves without Shinnie and Ball for this one, injury and Compliance Officer dependent.

I’d agree there, Cosgrove could have been red carded a minute after his first yellow, then his blatant dive a couple of minutes after that. While he’s scored a bunch, he’s not our future and we should get any money for him we can.

Cosgrove lost the plot because he was booked for nothing. Dicker goes down holding his face after an aerial challenge with Cosgrove and replays showed there was absolutely zero contact with his face, cheating cunt, I think he felt really aggrieved because of that. But he was still booked and he should have had the common sense to settle down, Gleeson had a go at him and kept removing him from confrontations after his booking.

As for Gleeson himself, he does that side of the game really well, quietly effective, always looking for the ball and always passing forward, keeps possession simply and showed his experience when dealing with Cosgrove. Glad he got 90 minutes and still holding out that he's given more opportunities.

Aye , karma that the big horse Broadfoot was sent off, utter thug who targeted Cosgrove from the off. It was obviously Clarke's gameplan to kick lumps out of us & so they did for the majority of the game.

No surprise to see the red cards appear  for continual fouling.  Yes, Cosgrove lost it , hardly surprising, given his treatment, glad D.M had the sense to replace him though, Wilson didnt look much interested though, apart from one burst into the box late on, when he should have made it 2 0.

Huge 3 points though, cant see us not finishing 3rd tbh!  Thought Hulford looked quite assured when he came on, how come he hasn't featured till now ? & giving his top to the crowd :dunno:

Not a great performance, but an important win, eye bleeding stuff though, take it, the reason Stewart wasn't in the squad was he was in talks with them ?

Lot of important players missing for us,so all things considered ,satisfying :thumbsup:

Stewart supposedly has a hip injury but if this is a cover story and the real reason is that he's been in negotiations with sevco then it's poor management. If he's talking to the orcs then McInnes should come clean and state that he won't be selected for any of the remaining games.

Stewart supposedly has a hip injury but if this is a cover story and the real reason is that he's been in negotiations with sevco then it's poor management. If he's talking to the orcs then McInnes should come clean and state that he won't be selected for any of the remaining games.

Not sure DM would ever do that, despite it being the right thing to do as he doesn't know how to play him properly.