Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - victims - SC semi - Sunday

So obviously with Shinniesta out, it's going to be quite interesting to see how we line up.  Seen any number of versions of possible line ups on twitter, most of which I hope don't come to fruition.

I think we have to play May and Cosgrove together, May got the best out of cosgrove and we seemed to click a bit more.  i'm guessing Gleeson will be alongside Ferguson, although could DM put ball there?

Huge game, our season pretty much hinges on this game now.  It's a shite time for me so will have to miss it, hopefully wake to a good result on the Monday morn.  Celtic aren't all that, but really depends how we set up and if DM has his tactical block again.

Out

Bed

Bed

Work

2-0 tims, no dons scorer

A surprise inclusion for Halford (is that his name?) at right back? May in midfield to replace Shinnie's workrate? Campbell in midfield? None are great options (harsh on Campbell of course, but I don't think he's quite ready based on his Motherwell performance). It's a real headache.

I think McInnes will go:

--------------Lewis--------------

Devlin--Consi---McKenna-Lowe

---------Ferguson----Ball-------

-Mclennan---Stewart---McGinn

------------Cosgrove------------

I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably something similar. Ball isn't an adequate replacement for Shinnie, we'll lose about 20% of coverage on a single player, so we'll have to sit/end up sitting really deep.

If I could be sure that Devlin was 100% fit (not even 90% or 95%) then I'd go with the team Rico has, save for May in place of Stewart. However I suspect that Devlin is struggling for fitness and won't be risked from the start. In that instance, I think we might see a surprise formation with Ball in a back 3 alongside Consi and McKenna with both Campbell and Gleeson coming into the midfield with Lowe and McLennan as wing backs and Ferguson pushing up when he can supporting the front 2.

Can't see Halford being anything other than a bench option. He would surely have played some time against both 'Well and Dundee if we were intending to start him against Celtic.

My views on Stewart are well documented. He was dreadful at the weekend and his attitude stunk. Looked like he wanted to be anywhere else rather than on the pitch. We need energetic players able to chase and harry Celtic all over the field, sitting back and encouraging them on to us will only lead to disaster. ( Btw why has he still not signed this pre-contract with sevco that the mainstream media all assured us was happening last week??)….

I think Gleeson getting a good 25 minutes under his belt against Dundee suggests he'll be the replacement for Shinnie, that's if Campbell isn't fit, I reckon McInnes will opt for the youngster if he's fit.

I'd be tempted to stick Devlin in for Considine as well, although Considine and McKenna have pulled out some pretty impressive performances in the " big games " this season so far, so he'll probably stick with it. Also, massive no to May starting! I know he brings energy but we need more than that to beat Celtic on Sunday, if things are going our way after an hour/70 Minutes, then yes, absolutely bring him on and let him run the channels etc... But if Stewart can produce anything close to his capabilities, we'll need him and not the likes of May.

This will be a very big eye-opener, if you needed one, as to how much Shinnie's drive and energy will be missed when he fucks off, he did go through an odd spell of being pish, then good, then pish again, But he's been more consistent of late ( perhaps he's decided where he's going ) and it'll be a massive blow. I have advocated Gleeson to get more minutes because he's clearly a composed player with a decent pass on him, but he needs a Shinnie beside him for that to work in my opinion, Ball, Ferguson & Campbell are all too immobile, much like Gleeson it would seem, so that wouldn't go down too well.

I have zero fear, doubt or worry about this game, as I said in a previous match thread, McInnes kind of knows what to expect from Lennon and if we are clinical enough at the top end of the pitch, we will be going back to Hampden!

COYFR

I think Gleeson getting a good 25 minutes under his belt against Dundee suggests he'll be the replacement for Shinnie, that's if Campbell isn't fit, I reckon McInnes will opt for the youngster if he's fit.

I'd be tempted to stick Devlin in for Considine as well, although Considine and McKenna have pulled out some pretty impressive performances in the " big games " this season so far, so he'll probably stick with it. Also, massive no to May starting! I know he brings energy but we need more than that to beat Celtic on Sunday, if things are going our way after an hour/70 Minutes, then yes, absolutely bring him on and let him run the channels etc... But if Stewart can produce anything close to his capabilities, we'll need him and not the likes of May.

This will be a very big eye-opener, if you needed one, as to how much Shinnie's drive and energy will be missed when he fucks off, he did go through an odd spell of being pish, then good, then pish again, But he's been more consistent of late ( perhaps he's decided where he's going ) and it'll be a massive blow. I have advocated Gleeson to get more minutes because he's clearly a composed player with a decent pass on him, but he needs a Shinnie beside him for that to work in my opinion, Ball, Ferguson & Campbell are all too immobile, much like Gleeson it would seem, so that wouldn't go down too well.

I have zero fear, doubt or worry about this game, as I said in a previous match thread, McInnes kind of knows what to expect from Lennon and if we are clinical enough at the top end of the pitch, we will be going back to Hampden!

COYFR

Agree with all this.

May is likely to fluff any chances that come our way.

No idea who will be in the midfield on Sunday, but do expect a curve ball to be thrown by McInnes.

I'm not going down as couldn't face another defeat by Celtic, BUT I honestly think we are going to get a result on Sunday, no idea where this optimism has come from, but just have a feeling that we will.

1-0 the Dons, Gleeson with a 45 yard effort in the 89th minute.

See you all at the final.

COYR

Ah well that's that. Ball paying the price for an absolutely unnecessary first booking. Needed to hold out to half time and regroup but failed to do so miserably. Away to watch the Masters can't be arsed watching us concede another 2 or 3 in the second half  >:D

Definitely not a knee jerk reaction. Lost interest. So sick of DM tactics. Sent to the stands, don’t come back. And I share the feelings of many.

Edit - posted before the Ferguson red, discipline lost, but the manager picks the team, selects the tactics, and is the one responsible.

Hopefully McInnes will take stock over the next few days and decide to resign whilst he still has the respect of the fans for his service. Really don't trust him in his recruitment....and if McKenna goes for a fair chunk of cash in the summer, although we know most of it would go on Kingsford, I dread to think what shyte DM would spend the million or so he will get on.

Our season has been blighted by injuries and suspensions, of that there is no doubt. Not sure when Ball and Ferguson's suspensions kick in, have a feeling Ferguson will be against Killie as it was a straight red followed later by Ball in the sevco game as his was 2 yellows. But coupled with McGinn out for what's left of the season, GMS probably in the same boat with Logan, we are down to the bare bones for the run in. Can envisage us picking up less than 6 points which might well cost us Europe.

I fucking hate Sundays  :hammer:

Hopefully McInnes will take stock over the next few days and decide to resign whilst he still has the respect of the fans for his service.

Hopefully we have a board who sacks the fucker and who gives a fuck about "respect"?

Any "self-respecting" and/or knowledgeable fan has known he's been a charlatan midget cunt from day one.

Fuck him off pronto.

he should be ran out of the club with brown

Here's something not many appreciate.

The reasons why Brown has been ripping a wage and expenses out of AFC.

Actually, you're not educated enough to understand. *

So fuck off the lot of yiz. You're the reason we got the club we deserved.

* not you personally dude. AFC fans over the last 30 years.

Hopefully we have a board who sacks the fucker and who gives a fuck about "respect"?

Any "self-respecting" and/or knowledgeable fan has known he's been a charlatan midget cunt from day one.

Fuck him off pronto.

I'd have no problem with him getting bulleted. But you and I both know that ain't happening under the Wigmeister.

As for Broon....no idea why he's still hanging around. Aberdeen quines a better shag than West coast eens?

Today just reminded me why I don't rush out to go to games anymore.

Clear from a few minutes in that it was the equivalent of the a boxing promotor lining up a selection of amateur fighters to get their prospective heavyweight champ's fitness and hype up to get them their shot at the title.

Horrible racist & sectarian language from the guys stood behind me who thankfully vanished the moment the send goal went in which was potentially fortunate for all parties just before the occasional 'big man' voice in my head  had managed to convince the majority it was time to confront them about it.

The racism/ secterianism has never left society but since the early 90s it was at least kept realtively low key/ secretive but now its creeping back to early 80s levels and moving swiftly back in time.

Buckfast and Midori (I think) being openly drunk and bottles tossed into peoples gardens, abuse aimed at the police officers (especially the women).

Only 'plusses' for me

- Max Lowe and Joe Lewis

- Managed to jump on the train back to central from Crosshill rather than having to wait in a queue at mount florida

- weather was OKish and its always nice to get out in the 'fresh' air

- With the injury situation the squad wont have to start training 2 weeks after the season is over for another pointless european campaign and we get a pre-season league cup campaign