Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dees - Dons - Sat

Last game before the semi next weekend, so really need to build upon the good result against Motherwell. They're in pretty dire form themselves, with no win since mid feb. Given shinnie's absence in the semi, do we try the system we'll be forced to play against the tims?  We still need 3 points, each game is a must win to ensure we're not caught.

Out

Stag

Bed

Bed

2-0 dons, Cosgrove and McGinn

Had forgotten Shinnie was out for the semi final. Would like to see McInnes play the midfield he will use in the semi final but suspect McInnes will probably stick with existing team. Dundee are complete shite according to my Dundee supporting brother so hopefully we will be able run in a few goals.

In

Lift up then pub near ground

Away end

Visiting family and hopefully winding them up about Dundee Derby in Championship next year.

3-0 McGinn, Stewart and Ferguson.

Will there be cash turnstiles for this or collection at the ground? In a position where I can now go but not enough time for a ticket to be sent through in the post.

Hopefully in

Supporters Bus / Train & pub

Away end

Celebratory drinks

2 - 0 McLennan & Stewart

Have no doubt that Dundee will be very difficult to play against today, but at the end of the day, they need wins to stay in the League, so I'd hope that they don't park the bus for the entirety as that is when we seem to struggle. They have lost 6 games in a row and conceded 14 goals in the process, scoring 3.

We should go in to this game in the same mind frame as the Motherwell game, we weren't great but we were enough of a threat and that should be enough to secure 3 points.

Dundee 1 vs 3 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove x 2, McLennan )

Stewart in for Campbell is the only change. Campbell had a knock on his foot and looking likely to start in the Semi Final, so been left out altogether today.

Dundee fans literally apoplectic about their line up today, said it's utterly defensive and they've left their two " goal threats " on the bench.

May change my prediction to Dundee 0 vs 4 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove x 2, McLennan, Stewart )

Stewart sent clear into the box in the inside right channel. Could have shot or could have squared to Cosgrove. Does fucking neither ....I wonder if you can guess why?  :hammer:

McInnes said yesterday he's carrying a hip injury. So why the hell are you playing him you fucking arsehole??

Fucking awful game. Only seen second half as first was red tv tech issues. We are crying out for a skillful central midfielder (Ryan Christie or Kenny McLean type.) no central player who can put a foot on the ball and bring us forward with any sort of threat. I certainly hope we don’t sign Stewart. Minimal contributions from McGinn or McLennan, awful to watch.

Well it was comfortable in the end, indeed could easily have finished 4-0 without their keeper making a few very good saves. Once we scored the penalty, result was never in doubt but up to that point......dear oh dear it was bad and Dundee probably the better side.

All the defenders played well, of the rest Ferguson probably the pick with Shinnie giving his usual energetic performance. Obviously Cosgrove gets a mention for his goals, though did little of note other than that. McLennan had been honking up until we took the lead but seemed to take confidence from us having the lead and laid the second on a plate for Cosgrove.

Stewart..........what can I say? Nothing he tried came off and at 0-0 his reluctance to use his right foot when clean through on the right side of the box was criminal/embarrassing. As I said in an earlier post, DM says that he's carrying a hip injury. So why the hell he was selected at all, never mind playing 80 minutes was baffling. His body language throughout suggested he would rather have been anywhere else than on the pitch.

Probably will eventually be viewed as a good 3 points against a team fighting for their survival....although as I said earlier, once we scored we did look a class apart from them. Looking a bit ominous for Dundee right now with the Hamilton/St Boo result going against them.

Onwards to next Saturday. Will need a far better 90 minute performance if we are going to reach the Final although by all accounts it seems Celtic were very poor today.

Well done Sam for having a poor game but still managing to bag a brace.I think the scoreline flattered us a bit though.We started fairly brightly,but needed more directness,not in the hoofball way,but somone to just run at the defence.Mckenna tried to show how its done,but it didnt seem to register with the others.

We just seem to lack the hunger for scoring,or to look harder for different ways to score if doing the same thing isnt working.Definitley havnt found the right forwards combination yet.Stewart looked lost on the wing,and whatever position MacLennan was playing,he rarely seemed to get into a threatening position,...rarely got ahead of the ball,no angled runs to receive it,...could do better,easy to start playing well after weve scored

Pass marks to Shinnie,Lowe,McKenna and Considine

Not sure what the young loons were getting chucked out for.Seemed odd the Security grappled with them rather than plod?? 

Footnote -  Tannadice looking a bit like the poor relation on Dens road these days as I walked past.  :dunno:

Shocking fayre from both sides for around an hour, especially Dundee who are really dire. Couldnt believe D.M subbed McGinn, one of our better players, Stewart was really shocking.

2 top dons for me (same as midweek) were Lowe & Shinnie. Decent dons following considering & poor Dees support.

Sitting just along from Dean Campbell, hadnt realised he was injured :eek:  Good to see young Ross get a runout at the end.  In the end, 3 or 4 0 wouldnt have flattered us.

Well, I’ll add to my previous post. Awful game for the first 70 minutes but could easily have been 3 or 4 in the end. The quality of play leaves a lot to be desired but a win is a win. Don’t know how the season will play out, could win 4 or even all 5 or not win again, been that kind of season.

Got back in from the stag in time to catch some of the first half, well, until Red TV decided to have technical issues. Watched the full highlights this morning in a hangover haze, can't say it eased it all. We weren't great, but the game itself was pretty poor. Connor did well for the second goal, not sure how he managed to weave through.  Stewart didn't look interested at all, how he lasted the game is beyond me.

Important 3 points, especially with Killie getting a result. Hopefully the huns lose today.