Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Well 03/04

Day before the game and no game thread. Apathy really setting in now. Desperately need to win this one to try and build some confidence ahead of the semi final. Would like to see Halford getting a go at right back as he will have to amazingly shite to be any worse than Ball was on Saturday. Ferguson faded badly in the 2nd half on Saturday and would be tempted to give him a rest and stick Gleeson or Campbell in beside Shinnie. Upfront McInnes has to decide if he is going to go  with one from Stewart or Cosgrove and drop the other as a pair they simply do not work. Well are on a decent run of form and pushing for top 6 finish so this wound have been a difficult game even if we were not in such a bad run at home.

Struggling to make this one as no public transport back to Capital after the game. Not even a supporters bus running.

Oot for the moment

Flat

Newtongrange v Coldstream

Flat

1-1 May

Think we are looking at a lowest of the season crowd & i have to say Motherwell have a habit of hitting us for 3, hope i'm wrong on both counts, but i will be surprised if we take all 3 points on Wed. Would like to see May start as i think we miss his workrate. Also wouldnt mind seeing young Campbell starting.

Day before the game and no game thread. Apathy really setting in now. Desperately need to win this one to try and build some confidence ahead of the semi final. Would like to see Halford getting a go at right back as he will have to amazingly shite to be any worse than Ball was on Saturday. Ferguson faded badly in the 2nd half on Saturday and would be tempted to give him a rest and stick Gleeson or Campbell in beside Shinnie. Upfront McInnes has to decide if he is going to go  with one from Stewart or Cosgrove and drop the other as a pair they simply do not work. Well are on a decent run of form and pushing for top 6 finish so this wound have been a difficult game even if we were not in such a bad run at home.

Struggling to make this one as no public transport back to Capital after the game. Not even a supporters bus running.

Oot for the moment

Flat

Newtongrange v Coldstream

Flat

1-1 May

I briefly went out  a girl from Mayfield when I was 17/18. Banged her in the fenced off tennis court in Nitton (Is it still there?)……..hoor of a climb over must've been 15 feet at least.

Anyway I'm in for this one. Even better, younger brother is paying.

2-1 ( og, Devlin)

May didn't get the credit he deserved at Ibrox. His reverse pass into MacLennan for the 2nd was genius.

Another manager got the best out of Greg Stewart.  Perhaps another manager would get the best out of Stevie may.  Somewhere in there is still a quality player.  Perhaps a few goals would help bring that out of him but I think there's more to it than that...

Another manager got the best out of Greg Stewart.  Perhaps another manager would get the best out of Stevie may.  Somewhere in there is still a quality player.  Perhaps a few goals would help bring that out of him but I think there's more to it than that...

I think May has forgotten how to be a striker, but he was doing a job and getting the best out of Cosgrove.

Can't see much positive coming from this game, we'll be lucky to get a draw, especially given our horrific home form.

Will try to catch some of it, handy having midweek games, good for the time zone!

Out

Bed

Work

Work

1-3, Lowe

It goes without saying, despite my prediction, we really need to win this one. We could be quite fortunate in that hibs and hearts are playing killie and the huns respectively.  But as Jute said, a week and half before the semi against the dhims, we really need to find some confidence. Shame we're playing at home this week.

Enjoyed that 3rd goal, good energy from Max Lowe to get up and support McGinn, and then they linked up well and eventually finished very well by McGinn.

Important to get that monkey off our back going into the Split, wasn't a great performance, but they rarely are at this stage of the season. 3 Points the key thing and we now have a 5 point cushion from 5th place and are now level on points with 3rd.

Note also, Frank Lampard was apparently in attendance tonight, wonder if he was watching Lowe, or perhaps taking a look at McKenna? Maybe both.

Just back, a deserved, good and vital win. We made it difficult for ourselves at times, and we never look like scoring up until the point that we actually do. Good early sub in the second half, bringing on Stewart which really turned the game in our favour. He brought the anonymous Cosgrove back into the game by actually running onto his flick ons, held the ball up and made a couple of good incisive passes to bring McGinn into the game too. That gave McGinn the time and space to have an excellent second half. Alongside Lowe, they were the best two on the park. Stewart and Considine with good performances and Shinnie did the work of three players in midfield, which is extremely worrying given he's missing for the semi. Ferguson was largely anonymous and Campbell did okay but was right to be subbed. McLennan was fairly pap and needs a good boot up the arse and told to stay on his feet and concentrate. Ball was gash and gave the ball away too many times, which is worrying given he's likely to be in midfield for the semi. Thought McInnes poofed it by taking Devlin on at home, but then we did get a third so perhaps we can let him off. An absolutely sublime goal which justifies staying until the very end.

Just back, a deserved, good and vital win. We made it difficult for ourselves at times, and we never look like scoring up until the point that we actually do. Good early sub in the second half, bringing on Stewart which really turned the game in our favour. He brought the anonymous Cosgrove back into the game by actually running onto his flick ons, held the ball up and made a couple of good incisive passes to bring McGinn into the game too. That gave McGinn the time and space to have an excellent second half. Alongside Lowe, they were the best two on the park. Stewart and Considine with good performances and Shinnie did the work of three players in midfield, which is extremely worrying given he's missing for the semi. Ferguson was largely anonymous and Campbell did okay but was right to be subbed. McLennan was fairly pap and needs a good boot up the arse and told to stay on his feet and concentrate. Ball was gash and gave the ball away too many times, which is worrying given he's likely to be in midfield for the semi. Thought McInnes poofed it by taking Devlin on at home, but then we did get a third so perhaps we can let him off. An absolutely sublime goal which justifies staying until the very end.

I'd agree with that, Shinnie was a beast in midfield today, and i'd actually forgotten he'd be missing for the semi  :hammer:  Huge 3 points, can't believe it's taken us this long to get our first home win of 2019.

Was also surprised by the crowd, over 13k which was impressive given what redtv were describing the earlier weather and the apathy around the club at the mo.

Phew ! could be a huge 3 points that, never felt totally comfortable till Niall hit that sublime winner. Man of the match was surely between Lowe & Shinnie though.

Ends up the weather wasnt too bad after all & the crowd was better than i expected.  Motherwell are a big,physical well organised side & for a while we were lumping high balls up to Cosgrove, which they coped with fairly well.

Must admit, wasn't confident before game & when it went to 1 1, i feared the worst.

Thought young Campbell did quite well till subbed but McLennan struggled.

Good win though, another win at Dens please. :thumbsup:

Just in, glad I made the journey up, a win always makes the effort worthwhile.

Overall well but worth the win but when they equalised my thoughts were "oh no not again" and feared the worst. We had plenty possession and territorial advantage but they looked fairly comfortable until the minute they lost their 'keeper. First thing their new one did was to pick the ball out the net.

Lowe and McGinn get my votes as equal m.o.m. for obvious reasons but Shinnie and Considine both very good also. Everyone knows my opinion of Stewart but tonight he certainly made a difference after replacing Campbell.

McLennan very poor, no idea what is delaying GMS from returning (beginning to wonder if we will see him in an Aberdeen jersey again) but if he were fit then he should certainly be taking McLennan's place who hasn't done much of note in the past month foreby his goal v Hearts. Ball also starting to look what he is....a midfielder filling in a position he really isn't comfortable playing. Defensively fairly sound but pretty wasteful when going forward.

Thankfully we at least have the monkey off our back of the first league win at home this year. Other results tonight went for us (I've given up on second, can see us closing in on sevco but 8 points is just too much with 6 games their goal difference effectively makes it 9 points). I expect us to end up making a 3rd trip to Easter Road after the split. We have a better record there than Tynecastle which would be the other option for a 3rd away trip.

I'll take a punt our fixtures will be.....sevco (a)........Hearts (h).....Celtic (h).....Hibs (a)........Killie (a)

Was also surprised by the crowd, over 13k which was impressive given what redtv were describing the earlier weather and the apathy around the club at the mo.

13,228 was a lie. I've heard from mates who were there that it's once again a total fabrication. I don't know if they're counting ST's who don't show but like the last few home games, the size of the crowd is being grossly overstated