Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Semi-Final Speech

I'm not an Ice Hockey fan but was intrigued to hear about this true life sporting story so watched said 'Miracle' film.  Forget stopping the Celtic treble Treble or winning our first Scottish Cup since 1990 I think Deek does need above piece of inspiration come Sunday 14th April. 

I wish our board would make an imaginative appointment like Kurt Russell. He'd be an ace manager.

Good though SeaBass, inspiring stuff. That said, how do we know that the Russian manager didn't make just as heartfely a speech? We'll need a lot more than a good team talk to beat the Tims. I think we can, but we need everything to go right - no mistakes, no injuries.

Great find Seabass. Great managers prepare to the last detail and this includes preparing their own final speech pre-performance, part of the overall strategy and build-up to every game. Great managers keep it simple, in everything that they do. Great managers appreciate the "circular" nature of their jobs and tackle the three elements - Practise and Preparation, Performance (or Play) and Reflection and Measurement - in the same professional and dedicated manner. Great managers inspire people because they themselves are men, they are leaders, they are passionate and 100% credible. Midgets and charlatans need not apply. Unless the recruiter is a midget charlatan himself.

I just love the bit about:

"Getting in their face BECAUSE WE CAN!" plus:

"One is sick of hearing about how great a team the Soviet's are their time is over done with!"

This is how every team in Scotland should treat both side of Old Firm. 

Believe Soviet bunch hadn't been beaten since like 1964 Olympics which is totally unreal yet US team that beat them at Lake Placid in Semi-Final were full of college and University kids!!!  Pity old footage of real life events is so dodgy now.