Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hearts - Sat

We return to the pink cowshed on Sat.  Obviously, i'm quite pleased this is an away fixture given our home form is horrific, despite it being a pretty bad place for us to go.  Haven't won there since 2016, but neither team is in particularly great form so will be a typically tight game.  Hopefully Shinnie will put his scotland performance behind him (I know we play San Marino tomorrow) and takes the game by the scruff of the neck.  Really need a result here especially with Killie playing the accies and the bigots playing each other.

Out

town post nix game

Bed

Bed

1-1, May

Hearts will be 2 points behind us with a win on Saturday, so I sincerely hope we can continue our good away form. Not sure what to make of them, I did watch them against a shockingly poor Partick Thistle team in the Cup recently and thought they were as poor as Partick! Tynecastle is a bastard of a place though, they usually up their game in games like this in front of their own fans, so we need an nice early goal to take the sting out of it.

Cosgrove up top on his own, with a trio of McGinn, Stewart & McLennan behind him will do nicely.

Hearts 1 vs 2 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove, Lowe )

Hearts will be 2 points behind us with a win on Saturday, so I sincerely hope we can continue our good away form. Not sure what to make of them, I did watch them against a shockingly poor Partick Thistle team in the Cup recently and thought they were as poor as Partick! Tynecastle is a bastard of a place though, they usually up their game in games like this in front of their own fans, so we need an nice early goal to take the sting out of it.

Cosgrove up top on his own, with a trio of McGinn, Stewart & McLennan behind him will do nicely.

Hearts 1 vs 2 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove, Lowe )

Think this is the problem with hearts, have a tendancy to make you drop to their shithouse ways.  Just hope we find a way to break them down.

Hearts fans in the work reckon this has a shitfest 0-0 written all over it. We are going to have to find a way of breaking them down as they will sit in like teams do at Pittodrie. Not seen anything on Considine’s fitness but if he is fit would have him back in for Devlin who has not been great since his return from injury.

In

Pub though getting a pint before hand might be a pain with rugby on

Away end

Either pub or head to Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield Swifts

1-0 McGinn

As TC mentioned in the fitba thread, anything but a win is making life very difficult for ourselves tomorrow.  Probably the worst place to have to go and try to get a win mind.  They're expecting a big crowd for the rugby, so imagine the local boozers will be busy.

And considine shite for the second goal, McKenna no better. We are shit and horrible to watch.

Stewart has done fuck all and lasts 80 mins??? Bad signing unfortunately, May at least tries. Devlin up front for the last 5 mins. Our long ball shite has been useless all day, so send another big man in for more long ball. Genius from DM.

Silence on this forum says it all. While we have the odd good result change is needed. We’re going backwards.

We've been going backwards for a year, maybe two, now LA.

Big results at various times have hidden this but there is plenty of evidence to support it, recruitment has been piss poor on the whole since the nucleus of Hayes, Rooney & McGinn started to peter out and the product on the pitch has been very confusing to say the least, in terms of what formation, shape, game plan etc... we are trying to execute.

Certain players are nowhere near as good as people think they are, and I include the manager in that assessment because if he can't see it, which he can't, then he's as much to blame.

I said after 3-4 league games that I genuinely worried about us this season and predicted we would not finish top 4, but maybe the cups would provide us much needed distracting, and as the season comes to its conclusion, it may well be the case.

That today, in particular the 2nd half, was a fucking travesty and not for the first time this season, has left me in a fucking rage.

We’ve been going backwards for 3 if you ask me. Problems started when we couldn’t fix center mid when flood and Robson were done. Jack and McLean were ok but that’s the main problem area. Add to that Christie’s replacement was forester and we have no spark in attacking mid. Too many like me are losing interest, and our performances are getting worse each season. The win at parkhead meant nothing to me given the circumstances, and winning at ibrox this year papers over the ever increasing cracks - too many are blind to the fact it’s getting bad fast.

Today highlighted DM. Stewart was non existent but lasted 80 mins, manager doesn’t know what to do with him, and the tactical change we needed then to change the game since it hadn’t been working all game was to put Devlin up top with 5 mins left. I honestly don’t think he knew what to do today.

Utter disgrace in 2nd half. Bullied by the stronger team. We had nothing in midfield or up front. Two center half’s could not cope with their centre forward. If McKenna thinks he can cope with playing in English Championship he had another thing coming. Anyone saying Ball should be offered a contract should be made watch his performance today. Roasted by Wighton and Mitchell today.

The depressing thing is that we're stuck with DM for a while yet. We're regressing at an alarming rate and have been for years due to his pathetic dealings in the transfer market. His game management bursts my skull! Devlin up front and Maclennan off? And even these changes came far far too late!

Just fvck off now please!

Absolutely awful second half performance after a pretty decent first half.

Not sure about their penalty, thought Considine got the ball first and the boy jumped over Consi's leg but others saying it was a stonewaller, Whatever, the boy should have been halted by hook or by crook at least 5 yards sooner before he reached our box. Second goal....dear oh fucking dear. Considine fuck up missing the ball. McKenna goes to mop up but stoops down to head (at fkn waist height  :hammer:) instead of just blootering the ball into the stand...misses and 3 seconds later the ball is nestling in the back of our neck.

Joe....one of his very poor games that he seems to throw in 3-4 times a season. Lucky not to give away a second penalty ( I wonder if he got away with it as the ref maybe reckoned he got the first one wrong??)

Ferguson...very good first half, anonymous second. Ditto Shinnie. Ball.....looked uncomfortable against the pace of their winger Mulraney.

Stewart...........I've said it before and will say it again. Nothing good can ever come from selecting him. Utterly unsuited to our style of play and was like playing with a man down (yet again).

McInnes......have no idea what he was seeing but it was obvious to everyone that Hearts had taken a grip of the game by 10 minutes into the second half. We needed a substitution....Stewart off and bolster the midfield or put Devlin on in a back 3 allowing Ball and Lowe to go into midfield (or even throw May on who at least would have harried the Hearts back 4 when they had possession}. DM does fuck all and they get their equaliser. Hearts continue to dominate...still nothing. Only acts once we go behind with 10 minutes left. And compounds things by whacking Devlin up top with 5 minutes to go  :dunno:

Race for 3rd well and truly on.Killie have to be favourites and 2 more wins before the split could see them pretty much home and hosed unless we get our finger out. Both Edinburgh sides have to fancy their chances of overhauling us given our horrendous home form.

Pissed off.com

I'd say the race for fourth is on tc, dont think we have tactical know how or quality to finish higher. I wonder if milne would accept a 6th place finish or dm will do the right thing and piss off this summer?

Apathy is huge amongst our support these days.

I'd say the race for fourth is on tc, dont think we have tactical know how or quality to finish higher. I wonder if milne would accept a 6th place finish or dm will do the right thing and piss off this summer?

Apathy is huge amongst our support these days.

I think the worst we will finish is 5th. But even if we were to finish 6th I'm certain McInnes is absolutely safe. The string of 2nd place finishes including twice ahead of sevco who have nearly 3 times our budget have ensured that one crap season will be tolerated. However it is a fact that with just over a year left on his contract, the board haven't made any moves to offer an extension. Possibly they may be aware that he intends letting hs contract run down and leave of his own accord at the end of next season. But if he is wanting to stay, I think he will either need to win the Scottish Cup or, once he has his hands on the training ground in summer, have us within 3 points of 2nd place (and within 6-8 of top at most) by Xmas or else I think the board will let his contract run down and start searching for his replacement.