Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scott Pittman

Have missed our games against livi and cant say I know anything about him, so, who? What position does he play?

He is attacking midfielder. Cannot say he stood out as anything special. Livingston fans really rate him however.

To be honest, it's the market we should be operating in. If we can find a talented and proven SPFL player then we're onto a winner. Not sure it's this guy like as I don't remember him in the two home games. Hopefully he's more McLean/Shinnie/Ferguson than Tansey.

Absolutely concur that this is the market we should be looking in.

However just do t think this guy is of the desired quality to improve the squad. If we were to sign anyone from Livi that would definitely improve us it would have to be Halkett. Pittman would be a gamble....DM gambled on Ferguson last summer and it's paid off handsomely. With a year left on his contract, Livi probably couldn't expect to ask more than £100k for him, but they can't be forced to sell so if he is as good as DM obviously thinks they might decide that they're better off keeping him and losing him for nothing at the end of his contract.

Whatever happens, in the face of losing GMS and Shinnie, signing Pittman isn't exactly the marquee type signing that's going to enthuse the fans. We can't afford another Tansey or Forrester style failure.

If non-professionals like us can see that Wilson is fucked and damaged goods, we can reasonably expect a professional manager who sees him day in day out to see this.

What in the actual fuck? How can we even be considering giving this impostor a deal?!?

It strikes me that McInnes might want a player who feels he has something to play for in his remaining games. A bit of encouragement/psychology or whatever you want to call it. Good management if you ask me. If he gets 16 minutes between now and the end of the season but we still sign him, then I reserve the right to retract that comment.

It strikes me that McInnes might want a player who feels he has something to play for in his remaining games. A bit of encouragement/psychology or whatever you want to call it. Good management if you ask me. If he gets 16 minutes between now and the end of the season but we still sign him, then I reserve the right to retract that comment.

Fair comment Rico, if it's a tactic and it works, fair enough. Although, I'd be concerned if he suddenly "found form", got a deal, then reverted.

I can only assume McInnes gave that reply about Wilson staying to give him some encouragement and not let his head drop any further. He is just not a McInnes type player, Stewart is the same, pointless either of them being here.

I'm always a bit wary when hearing us linked with players, our transfer record has been pretty poor the past couple of seasons and we really cannot afford any more poor signings this summer.