Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Livingston 16/03

Friday and again no game thread. I await Manc's weak getting married excuse (congratulations by the way) as the reason for no thread. Its only one day FFS.

Would expect Cosgrove to come back into the team but not sure who should be dropping out after Tuesdays win. Probably be Dean Campbell as surely we do not need an extra central midfielder against Livingston. Livingston have been poor of late with the other team looking like they have figured them out. Would expect them to have enough points on the board to stay clear of relegation this season. Another game we should be looking to win easily but our awful home form suggests it might be another tight game. Replacement buses from Dundee this weekend which makes train travel a bit pish.

oot but maybe in

either traveling to Aberdeen or a game elsewhere

Y or game elsewhere

Traveling back to the Capital

2-0 May and McGinn

Friday and again no game thread. I await Manc's weak getting married excuse (congratulations by the way) as the reason for no thread. Its only one day FFS.

Would expect Cosgrove to come back into the team but not sure who should be dropping out after Tuesdays win. Probably be Dean Campbell as surely we do not need an extra central midfielder against Livingston. Livingston have been poor of late with the other team looking like they have figured them out. Would expect them to have enough points on the board to stay clear of relegation this season. Another game we should be looking to win easily but our awful home form suggests it might be another tight game. Replacement buses from Dundee this weekend which makes train travel a bit pish.

oot but maybe in

either traveling to Aberdeen or a game elsewhere

Y or game elsewhere

Traveling back to the Capital

2-0 May and McGinn

FFS Sake. Manc oot! He should have asked us to start these threads in his absence.  :wave:

Ideal game to give Ferguson a wee rest so leave Campbell in to gain further first team exposure...win/win situation.

Cosgrove to join May up front.

Undecided about the McKenna/Devlin situation. Purely on the performance on Tuesday night I'm saying leave Devlin on the bench and keep going with Consi for now (until he has a horrendous fuck up/ either him or McKenna cop a suspension)

Ideal game to give Ferguson a wee rest so leave Campbell in to gain further first team exposure...win/win situation.

Undecided about the McKenna/Devlin situation. Purely on the performance on Tuesday night I'm saying leave Devlin on the bench and keep going with Consi for now (until he has a horrendous fuck up/ either him or McKenna cop a suspension)

Agree with every part of what you've said TC

Will be astounded however if McInnes drops Ferguson in favour of Campbell though

Out

Golf (weather dependant and not looking good down here )

Hopefully pick up a stream

Pints @ Pub

3-1 (Cosgrove x 2 & McKenna)

Hope they don't turn up with the same attitude that they did against Stenhousemuir, St Mirren & Hamilton! We have had an almost perfect week in getting a point at Parkhead and then papping they cunts out of yet another Cup. Same intent and determination required in this game.

Cosgrove will absolutely come back into the 11, and rightly so, so it's then up to McInnes to go with either Stewart or May, and whilst May did well in the circumstances against Rankgers, I'd bet on him starting Stewart ( Unless he's genuinely carrying a knock, then May should get the nod )

Would like to see Gleeson given a start, Ferguson also put in a very good shift against Rankgers & we have a tough away game to Hearts next week, a much more physical battle which will suit Ferguson better, so reinstate him back into the 11 for that, doubt it'll happen though and Ferguson will likely start both games.

Will have to be patient because Livingston are pretty solid defensively, and on that note, I see the boy Halkett is going to sign a pre-contract with Hearts, reckon that'll be a very good addition for them, would like to have seen him here to be honest, very good competition for places with Halkett, Devlin, McKenna & Considine. But back to the game, they will sit everyone behind the ball and look to Counter, so as long as we aren't too gung ho, we should break them down eventually.

Aberdeen 2 vs 0 Livingston ( Cosgrove x 2 )

Haha sorry, was out on the west coast (no reception and minimal WiFi), but heading back to welly now so normal service shall resume after this read, fear not  :wave:

Only managed to catch bits and pieces of the last game but livi aren't a great team but will be hard to break down. Had a lot of varied results of late. No reason why we need to change our usual game too much though. That said, I don't want our team to slip up here, this has banana skin all over it after the last two games exploits. They need to go for it from the get go.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

2-0, shinnie and cosgrove

Agree with most of this, as much as May doesn’t score I think he suits our team and style of play more than Stewart. I also agree Ferguson needs a rest, DM is running this guy into the ground. Consi is the tough one, Devlin and McKenna is the partnership I prefer but Devlin needs to get fully match fit and sharp, not just medically fit, and I’d say needs a few reserve games. Tough to drop Andy too, finally being played in the right position. As much as he’s limited he’s playing well and can’t really be dropped.

Not long back, a very cold afternoon and really not too much to shout about football wise.

I thought we were well on top in the first half and surprised to see Livi equalise as they hadn't offered much up until they did score, although they did have an earlier chance which gave us a scare. I was too far away to see if they deserved the free kick, but it appears apparently not. I thought once we went in front we would kick on and score a few, which sadly didn't happen.

Second half they dug in and made it very difficult for us to find openings resulting in us playing the ball backwards a lot of the time which frustrated a lot of the fans, but they did their job well. I though we improved a bit when Stewart came on and Wilson too, but despite huffing and puffing I don't think we would have scored if we were still playing.

We were flat today possibly after the efforts against both sets of the bigot brothers in the previous two games, butgames like today are  when a manager should be earning his corn in sending out a side capable of beating teams like Livi and not falling back on the excuse of my point earlier about the previous two games.

Ferguson needs a rest and I don't mean the final 10 minutes of a game like he got today and today was the type of match where he could easily have been rested, I would quite happily have seen Gleeson in alongside Shinnie or even Campbell retain his place at the expense of Ferguson.

I thought McLennan played well, but sometimes his first touch can let him down and also has a tendancy to try and do too much when an earlier pass would have been a better option, but I suppose more to do with experience than anything else, he is great to watch though when he runs at players and I always feel something will happen when he is on the pitch.

A shite day for fitba, but our home form is pretty concerning, which is surprising really as we have been pretty consistent at home during DMs tenure.

Very disappointing day, the performance was well below par and Livingston fully deserved their point. I don't know what has changed all of a sudden that has us baffled at home, we are used to teams coming up here and sitting in, it's not new to us. I think it's a mixture of certain players just not being as good as they get credit for and a bit of shocking end product.

McLennan was good in flashes, like I said last week though, he needs to learn to cross, or even shoot, when the opportunity presents itself, instead he takes too many touches and tried to beat too many players, Halkett, especially in the 2nd half, dealt with him quite comfortably.

May was pish again, brought absolutely nothing to the team, not sure why he's having to chase punts into the channels all the time though, too often he was on the same side as McGinn, surely just getting in each others road? Cosgrove was well below par also, he was too deep most of the time and his touch overall today was not there. The rest were below par too in all honesty, perhaps McKenna & Lowe get pass marks. 

Totally perplexed by McInnes bringing on a deep lying midfielder for a " Striker " ( May ) and then waiting until 4 minutes before FT to bring on another Striker in Wilson, fucking bizarre stuff, cunt was probably too feart to lose as opposed to throwing the kitchen sink at Livingston. You can't go from last Saturday's performance ( mainly 2nd Half ) and then the midweek performance to that atrocity today, it makes no sense, I think at one point in the game, we strung a few passes together which resulted in McLennan forcing a save from Kelly, was a decent bit of play, I can honestly say I don't remember us stringing another 3-4 passes together after that, was a fucking turgid showing.

Horrible conditions today, we huffed & puffed but had no real quality. Livi never gave us any time on the ball & to be honest we had no answer, thought we did better 1st half than we did 2nd, wee bit of tiredness mabye after midweek ?            As usual Derek waited too long to make the substitutions  &  i thought he took of the wrong man in McGinn, who was doing ok in my book, Cosgrove was very poor & he was all over the shop, Shinnie was poor too  , thought Ball & McKenna were all right, but we missed Considine, Devlin wasn't great. 

Expected to see us kick on after half time, never happened. Bad day at office  :