Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Victim fc v Dons 09/03

Would have thought Manc would have had this started by now but must be to busy practicing the huddle. No idea how we line up for this but would be tempted to go with forwards who will play in quarter final so as they get game time together. Can always bring Cosgrove off the bench if we have to. Hate going to this shithole and find their fans just as vile a bunch of bigots as the blue arse cheeks. According to club the away allocation has sold out for this which is good going for a tie we usually lose.

In

Train then pub in centre of town

Away end

Train back to the Capital

2-0 no Dons scorer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't McInnes got a relatively decent record against Lennon ( With his spells at Celtic & Hibs? ) I think he knows how to set up against him and is very familiar with his tactics etc... So you just never know!

I don't think Celtic are any great shakes, I don't think it's a game we should go into changing the whole setup and be negative, I'd start Cosgrove, the Celtic CB's don't necessarily enjoy playing against him, as evidenced in the 4-3 game at Pittodrie, he makes them uneasy, granted a part of that was our pressing but he definitely played his part in that.

Back 4 of Ball McKenna Considine Lowe with Shinnie and Ferguson ( I'd say Glesson, but it is not going to happen ) sitting, and take your pick of the 3 supporting players, I'd actually play May, his runs into the channels could be useful in the larger pitch, granted he will bring absolutely zero goal threat, but he can cause problems and that will help the other attacking players on the pitch.

Celtic 0 vs 3 Aberdeen ( Considine, Cosgrove, Stewart ) COYFR!

I don't think Celtic are a great team, but still way out in front of any other squad up here and are quite decent in attack, but still reckon they are quite weak at the back.

I would drop Stewart for May, I think Sam gets more out of playing with May than any other of our strikers, May does a lot of donkey work when up front alongside him. My preferred option up front would be Stewart and Wilson, but safe to say that is not going to happen. Another dilemma is if GMS is not available then we play with McGinn, who I think is usually a waste of a shirt when playing against them, but I don't fancy seeing Stewart out on the wing again after Sunday, but we have very little options out wide.

I think it will be the same team which started on Sunday, bar McGinn in for GMS, but we need to take our chances when they come and not be so wasteful.

0-1 Considine - Be nice to get that 9 away wins in a row against them.

No bad thing they're all doubtful. Of the 3 the one I hope makes it is McGinn.

Treat this game as a free hit. We aren't expected to get anything so if we do it's a bonus. Set up as we did against sevco at Ibrokes back in December, try to nick an early goal then frustrate the hell out of them for the next hour by pressing fairly high up. Keep them at bay and they become desperate as the crowd demand they really open up....then we can hit them on the break and hopefully kill them off. But please please don't try the backs to the wall defending for 90 minutes. That just won't work.

Lewis

Ball

McKenna

Considine

Lowe

Shinnie

Ferguson

Stewart

MacLennan

Cosgrove

Wilson

Subs  -  Craddock,Gleeason,Halford,May,Devlin,Campbell,E Ross. 

I also have no idea how that team is lining up. The back 4 plus Shinnie and Ferguson speak for themselves but I'm nervous at Ball at RB. He was horrific in that position when he tried it for the first time last season when Logan was suspended for Parkhead and was hapless as the first went in off him, deflecting into the net before the end of the first half (we lost 3-0).

My problem is who's providing and who's finishing? There is no doubt that if it goes tits up again (7-1 at the bookies) that McInnes can't be accused of putting out a defensive 11 but with Cosgrove and Wilson on the pitch, are we honestly expecting Stewart and Maclennan to be feeding them? Stewart wide doesn't work and he should be deployed more centrally so arguably we have 3 x natural striker capabilities on the pitch, not that Wilson has ever shown much, leaving only young Connor as a natural provider.

Fuck knows how he sees it but hopefully McInnes has a spark of tactical genius up his sleeve, like he showed in big games against... um, them... and also.... against... fuck it, he's got no previous for pulling rabbits out of the umbrella. This is play and hope again.

Agreed Ball at RB was a daunting prospect Rocket, but to be fair to him, he's performed reasonably well in the last few games, so I think that's the least of our worries today. I am genuinely confident that we will turn them over today, no idea why, just feel McInnes has Lennon worked out tactically and Lennon's been back at Celtic long enough now to reinstate his style, if that makes sense.

I am pleasantly surprised that he hasn't felt the need to ditch a forward player for Devlin, that's intent, they just need the right mindset, I have accused McInnes numerous times of not applying that in these types of games, but today is the day he changes that, and carries it into Tuesday against those fucking rat bastards. COYR!

Jesus not sure how May didn't bury that header in injury time....having said that had we been offered a point prior to kick off we would have taken it all day long. First team this season to get anything from Parkhead.

Defence were generally sound, Ball did get one roasting from the Celtic winger which thankfully came to nothing....otherwise he was very good. Ferguson better than of late and decent free kick near the end. Shinnie worked his socks off and Cosgrove despite not scoring was a handful for their central defence.

Onwards to Tuesday. Similar  performance and we have nothing at all to fear

COYR

Not much to write home about 1st Half, but we did frustrate them and limited them to the odd long range strike and a host of Corners.

2nd Half was a vast improvement. McLennan got into a couple of good positions in where he should had curled a few efforts at goal, but he took too many touches or tried too many step-overs etc... so that was disappointing. But some positives to take as well, young Campbell was pretty good, Ball was also pretty good but Max Lowe was the MOTM by a Country Mile, Celtic had to change their wide right player on a couple of occasions because they were getting zero joy from Lowe, defensively, he was excellent.

I thought it might be a good idea to start May in the 3 behind Cosgrove, because he makes runs into the channels that could have stretched the Celtic defenders etc... but yet again, he has another opportunity to find the back of the net, from around 7 yards, with a free header, and he fucking balloons it well wide and well over. Meanwhile, young Bruce Anderson scores again for Dunfermline, obviously that doesn't mean he'd have scored that opportunity May missed, it just means that we let the wrong player go out on loan. The difference in confidence was as evident as it could be before we let Anderson go out on loan, but it's okay, May runs a lot.  ::)

Excellent solid performance. Limited them to fuck all. A rare recent day of being proud to be AFC.

Is fucking correct Rocket.

Now I might be defending the indefensible here, but watching that on a stream, I thought May possible was nudged by a Celtic player as he went for the header. Once I've seen it again, I'll readily admit it if I'm wrong.

Is fucking correct Rocket.

Now I might be defending the indefensible here, but watching that on a stream, I thought May possible was nudged by a Celtic player as he went for the header. Once I've seen it again, I'll readily admit it if I'm wrong.

I thought he took a deliberate " stumble " after he realised he'd fucked up. But likewise, I shall readily admit I was wrong. ( About the chance, not his total lack of confidence in front of goal )