Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Hamilton - wed

We've done quite well against Hamilton recently, I hadn't realise how well until I looked in to it.  Won 4/5 (drew the fifth game) and three of the recent wins we didn't concede a goal. Hamilton haven't won in the last 5 away games and haven't scored a goal in any of those games. However, we've not won at home (in the league) since December, so swings and roundabouts I guess. I can't see that happening us keeping a clean sheet tomorrow, but we should have enough to win. 

Ball did enough to keep his place imo, so I'd be surprised to see him dropped.  I'm not really seeing the point in GMS at the moment, i'd say ditch him for McGinn, at least he's doing more than not.

Oot

Home

Work

Work

2-1, Ferguson and cosgrove

We need to win this won and end this poor run of home form.

If he drops GMS then McGinn will come in who can be as equally as shit, but it may give GMS the boot up the arse he needs.

I think he will go with the same line up from Saturday and hopefully we will see Stewart get off the mark in a league game.

3-0 Cosgrove, Stewart and Ferguson.

Message to fans who will whinge and scream and shout themselves hoarse at the first misplaced pass: Fuck off and don't come back to Pittodrie. Your negativity helps nothing and your inability to process emotions like a grown-up is far more likely to have a negative effect on the players than a positive one. You're part of the fucking problem. I'm not clearing McInnes entirely but our away form supports the claim that we play better away from our horrible cunt fans. Entitled north-east wankers.  :hammer:

Message to fans who will whinge and scream and shout themselves hoarse at the first misplaced pass: Fuck off and don't come back to Pittodrie. Your negativity helps nothing and your inability to process emotions like a grown-up is far more likely to have a negative effect on the players than a positive one. You're part of the fucking problem. I'm not clearing McInnes entirely but our away form supports the claim that we play better away from our horrible cunt fans. Entitled north-east wankers.  :hammer:

Run in with the boss this morning??

It is indeed yet another bizarre post from a bizarre small man.

He did get one thing right though; there are a lot of pricks up here who feel "entitled", mainly because the oil industry saved them from their true worth being found out.

The suggestion that home form is adversely affected by the crowd isn't worth arguing with. He doesn't understand that many football fans are fucking idiots and that the few particularly negative and ignorant ones who project their stupidity aren't representative of the majority. The emptiest vessels always make the most noise.

There is also a suggestion of resentment and jealousy. Even as a schoolboy in the 70's I was embarrassed by in your Glasgow slums. The affluence of our region is detested by the wos, Tam Cowan being a particularly bitter example.

Still out fae last night perhaps?

I think that over the past few seasons the dons fans have been quite positive. Our home form over the last few seasons - if it has anything to do with support provided (which is what is being suggested) - would back that up.

Weird time to be complaining about it.

This is a game where we should be looking to win comfortably and hopefully run up a few goals as Hamilton are pish. Normally I would hope we do not make any changes to a winning side however I would probably look to bring McKenna into the team to give him game time ahead of the Tribute Act in the cup. To accommodate him I would either drop Considine to play McKenna alongside Devlin or move Devlin to right back and drop Ball. Although Ball did not do anything wrong on Saturday I would not want him to be at right back if at all possible on Sunday. Giving Devlin a game at right back tomorrow would at least allow us to see if that will work ahead of Tribute Act. Still trying to switch things around work wise to see if I can make it to the game tomorrow.

oot but maybe in

Flat or lift up the road

Flat or Y

Flat or lift back to the capital

3-0 Dons Stewart McGinn Ferguson

Nah min my boss is sound.

Since everyone's apparently desperate for an explanation you can have one. At the last few home games in particular my enjoyment has been severely diminished by a combination of lacklustre results and aforementioned wankers sitting in close proximity. We're all aware of the general rule of thumb which states that you're never more than 6 feet away from a fucking bell-end at a football match but it's been particularly bad as the recent poor home run has gone on.

It is indeed yet another bizarre post from a bizarre small man.

He did get one thing right though; there are a lot of pricks up here who feel "entitled", mainly because the oil industry saved them from their true worth being found out.

The suggestion that home form is adversely affected by the crowd isn't worth arguing with. He doesn't understand that many football fans are fucking idiots and that the few particularly negative and ignorant ones who project their stupidity aren't representative of the majority. The emptiest vessels always make the most noise.

There is also a suggestion of resentment and jealousy. Even as a schoolboy in the 70's I was embarrassed by in your Glasgow slums. The affluence of our region is detested by the wos, Tam Cowan being a particularly bitter example.

So which part is it that you disagree with? Do you not think that negativity coming from the stands can have an adverse effect? Do you think that a good backing can have a positive effect? You said it's not worth arguing because I don't understand and then you almost back up my point by confirming what we already know that "many football fans are fucking idiots". ??? You got your dig in about how I'm a small man but I'm unclear as to what it is that you disagree with? A small man would've banned you umpteen times by now :)

Where's the suggestion of resentment or jealousy? From whom towards whom?

This is a game where we should be looking to win comfortably and hopefully run up a few goals as Hamilton are pish. Normally I would hope we do not make any changes to a winning side however I would probably look to bring McKenna into the team to give him game time ahead of the Tribute Act in the cup. To accommodate him I would either drop Considine to play McKenna alongside Devlin or move Devlin to right back and drop Ball. Although Ball did not do anything wrong on Saturday I would not want him to be at right back if at all possible on Sunday. Giving Devlin a game at right back tomorrow would at least allow us to see if that will work ahead of Tribute Act. Still trying to switch things around work wise to see if I can make it to the game tomorrow.

oot but maybe in

Flat or lift up the road

Flat or Y

Flat or lift back to the capital

3-0 Dons Stewart McGinn Ferguson

I might be in the minority, but I'd either play a back 3 or drop Devlin. His distribution has been awful all season. I thought he was excellent, defensively, before injury but from day one he reminded me of Reynolds who's passing has always been suspect too. I think it would be very harsh to drop Considine and Devlin would be a significantly worse right back than Ball due to the fact that he's not great on the ball. I think we'll go for a back three of Devlin, Considine and McKenna with Lowe and McGinn playing high on the flanks. However, that is only because I think we'll be doing that against the hun, and so it'd be good to get some practice in. I'd prefer to play McKenna and Considine with a traffic cone at right back (Ball deserves his place after the St Johnstone game).

Fucking dire performance. Bizarre goal to lose, Lewis I can only presume thought it was going over the bar as he made no attempt at all to tip it over.....it was deffo a cross not a shot but Hamilton to that point had most of the territory anyway.

Improved last 10 minutes of the half but FFS sevco walloped this lot at the weekend without breaking sweat. As good as Shinnie was on Saturday he's been as bad tonight. Ferguson totally anonymous....so far only McLennan, McGinn and Ball getting pass marks.

Big change in performance required 2nd half

I wanted McInnes out last January. Just felt at that point he'd taken us as far as he could. At that point it looked like we'd be finishing 3rd behind sevco but to his credit he got the team to rally and we pipped them to second right at the death.

However this season, December aside, has been fucking dire. We have had a hoorin' run of injuries/suspensions I do accept but some of his signings came with a medical history that doctors could do full day seminars on so not that surprising.

Had it been against the Glasgow or Edinburgh sides I could be a bit philosophical but no wins at home against Killie, Stenhousemuir, St Mirren and Hamilton? Nope sorry McInnes, that's completely unacceptable. I said that signing Stewart would force us to alter our style to suit him....well it just hasn't worked. He's not a bad player....just certain players styles sometimes just don't suit certain clubs. And by fuck he doesn't suit Aberdeen....

I think I'm correct in saying with 15 months left on his contract this is the closest DM  has got in his time with us to it running out. I think what will happen is that the board will let it run down and he will leave at the end but I'd much rather we told him now that he can see out the season but we will pay him off in the summer and we bring in someone with fresh ideas. Sadly, in View of what's happened in the past fortnight or so, Clarke who would have been my first choice is now probably out of reach....he's said he won't manage another Scottish club and will head south when he leaves Killie.

Not looking forward to Sunday. Could be embarrassing.

That was fucking dire. I said earlier in the thread that I hoped we'd go with a back four with Ball at right back because we're pish with a back three and we did. Unfortunately, as soon as Lowe went off it was time to try out the back 3 again. The only good that can come of tonight is that we were so bad at the back that we couldn't possibly attempt the back 3 again. All 3 centre backs were terrible tonight, it was like a competition to see who was shittest. Every player on the pitch was pish tonight. Pish and disorganised.

Lowe missing (I assume he will be) is a major issue. We simply cannot play a back 3. It has to be the brutal 3 centre halfs and the defensive midfielder back line unless the new boy is ready, which I doubt - he can't be close to being match fit. A look to that bench tonight and there was just nothing. If we go a goal behind on Sunday, there's basically nothing we can do to change it. Not sure where GMS and Wilson were tonight, but this wasn't a game we should have been relying on subs for anyway.

Fair play to Hamilton like, they worked their arses off, with the two guys up front putting in a phenomenal shift. They rode their luck and deliberately slowed the game down at every opportunity, but they were the better team and the deserved winners. Night and day from the last team Canning put out against us.

useless chunt has ran out of runway

Couldn't agree more. But unlike you, me and TC (and others in the real world), he's untouchable and is lauded by Milne and Cormack. In this, his SIXTH season, the fucking retards still sing "Oh Derek McInnes", as recently as Hampden. Is five and a half seasons not enough? Can't they see the character of the man? Are they happy with the performances and the results?

He's a midget charlatan fuck and the sooner he gets the fuck out of AFC the better.

Utter disgrace tonight. Looked off the pace from the start of the game. Injury to Lowe is hopefully not as serious as it looked as we will struggle without him. Cannot go into the cup game playing three at the back as Tribute Act will destroy us. Thing is not convinced that a back 4 with Considine and Ball as full backs will fair much better. We offered very little up front either.