Author Topic: New Car Advice  (Read 271 times)

Offline TheMinterOhMintlaw

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Rating: -4
  • Fuckwit
New Car Advice
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
Hello one and all, looking for something with a bit more vroom, had a vintage jaguar convertable but the cost of parts and maintenance is now a problem now that the wife is checking my itemized bank statements online (never open a joint account). Looking for something modernbut with that classic look. Any feedback appreciated.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 31
Re: New Car Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:45:45 PM »
Try Plenty of Fish. Suggest age range 38-50 for that classic look. Put in blind/ illiterate ladies only in your search requirements and this should solve your problems with having your car servicing bills read.

Tally ho old bean.....

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »
Well, opted for a Lexus in the end  :thumbsup: Not a convertible but I will still get my kicks staring at people in their inferior motors while at traffic light. Always enjoy giving them a knowing look that indicates they will never have a car like this.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -157
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »
Your username suggested a dick. Your post just proves it.

Lexus is so bland and boring, it doesn't even get noticed on the road. There's a reason why nae cunt buys them.

But thinking you're so much better than the average joe just because of the car brand we drive, dearie fucking me. You must be an oil wank. You're not alone in this regard but you'll be on your own in that car choice. Good engineering for sure but just unbuyable for anyone with a functioning pulse.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »
Actually, it's funny you should say that, we've actually met before when you were tried to flog me a VW Passat when you were working in the showroom many years ago. What are you driving these days? if I remember correctly at the time you said you had a VW Passat but I suspect that's because you were trying to make the sale..which you didn't.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
  • Rating: -5
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
My next car will be a renault clio, vauxhall corsa, ford fiesta or something of that ilk.

Fed up spending a fortune on petrol.

But...I also intend purchasing a future classic to store away and possibly take out on an occasional Sunday.

Alfa Brera 3.2 Prodrive. The Cameron Diaz of motor vehicles.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
  • Rating: -5
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »
^ To add to above...it takes a keen eye to spot a proper Prodrive.

I possess such as I've researched thoroughly. Can separate the Alfa wheat from the Alfa chaff at a glance.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 14
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
Alfa's are the ba's min, had a 156 Veloce in black with red leather few years back, used to drive down the motorway up the erse of Beemers laughing at them buying the wrong car. Still had a smile on my face after 5 years.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -157
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
Alfa Romeo enthusiasm passed me by. Only cos I've never driven them I suspect. Reliability issues once upon a time were a deterrent but I don't think they look that good.

Agree re BMW's though. Never bought one, never will. Hedgehog syndrome. Pricks on the inside.

My fav car is one we bought new in 2010. It was given to a daughter but she gave it back to us when she relocated to The Netherlands where she was getting a car from work anyway. The beauty of an old Nissan Micra is that it's worth so little I don't give a fuck if it gets bished or boshed or bashed (which it hasn't been, touch wood). It's so superb for visibility and for parking, I choose it every time for short journeys. Also brilliantly reliable and great fun to drive.

Ford clutches are too cumbersome and Vauxhall's are death. If going for a cheapie runaround, check Japanese.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise