Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - St. Johnstone - Sat - 3pm

Always been one of my least favourite away fixtures, primarily because they're very rarely decent watches.  Their league form of late has been pretty woeful, so it was surprising they managed to hold the huns at snake mountain.  But given it's them, I don't doubt it will be a tough fixture.  Last decent result down there was December 2017.  Hopefully the team got the kick up the arse they needed after that lacklustre and unacceptable performance against St.Mirren.  Can't afford to play St. Johnstone into form too, we really need the 3 points.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-1, Ferguson

Can't see anything other than a tough game ahead of us tomorrow, both teams not in the best of form and not wanting to lose so I doubt much entertainment will be had by wither set of fans.

We just need a win and as he has shown before over the years DM can send teams out to grind out wins when up against it.

I predict a 1-0 victory to us, Big Sam from the penalty spot.

COYR

fear for us as we dont have any rb cover which prob means ball will be rb where he is hopeless

Just as well we're playing a shite team then. Our away from is decent so I've reasonably hopeful. Our home form is shite and not helped by the fact that most of our fans are fucking arseholes.

Cannot see this being anything other than a very difficult afternoon especially if Logan is still out. Saints have a couple of decent wingers so really cannot go with Ball at right back as that would be a recipe for disaster. That said other than throwing in Miko Virtanen who has been playing right back for the reserves (okay in the one game I saw he played right back) not sure what else we can do. Saw elsewhere someone suggest moving Shinnie to right back and Gleeson into the middle but no idea if that will work. Saints have been struggling of late and have only scored once in their last 6 games picking up only 1 point. Think both teams maybe happy to shitfest for a point.

Oot

Train through to the West

Visiting friends (maybe sneak to see Queens Park v Clyde)

Train back to the Capital

0-0 

He'll stick Ball at RB, I have zero doubt about that, although that doesn't mean I am right ( adding that to save face in case he doesn't play him  :rofl: )

Not sure what to expect, St Johnstone must have a pretty good record against us, they are usually tight, boring affairs with the odd exception, but the likelihood is that it will be another tight borefest, but if we come away with 3 points, we won't really care.

My predictions have been well wide of the mark recently, in where I have predicted a comfortable win for us and it simply hasn't happened, so I will avoid a scoreline, but I think it might be a draw. Hope I am wrong obviously.

Thank fuck we didn't play Shinnie at right back. He's our best midfielder by a long way. Good to see him getting a couple of goals. Only saw the last half hour. Ball looked decent at right back, defensively speaking. Wouldn't be convinced if he had to play there the rest of the season, but if he maintains that level of aggression in the challenge and gets in the face of the winger he might just manage it.

Just home was a late, unexpected in for it made all the sweeter by sitting next to my St Johnstone supporting son.

Shaky first 10 minutes but after we took the lead against the run of play, our confidence just seemed to grow and grow. Second half was a pleasure to watch, utterly dominant with swift, pleasing on the eye attacks. Only surprise is that it wasn't a bigger victory.....not sure how McLennan managed to miss art 1-0, Cosgrove also blew a sitter and their keeper had a fantastic save from McGinn right at the end.

Shinnie obviously m.o.m. not only for his goals but back to his best driving the team forward. Ball was immense as well, with McLennan, Considine and Ferguson very good.....but tbh not a single failure today.

Results elsewhere went for us too....second week running that's happened. Let's hope Hamilton do us a turn tomorrow, including their plastic pitch crippling a couple of sevconians in the process.

Just back, good performance today, rode our lack a couple of times, but we could have scored more aswell.

Probably the best performance ever from our captain in front of watching Scotland boss, he was my m.o.t.m, but not far behind was the excellent Dom Ball after a shaky start. make no mistake, with Logan,McKenna & Hoban out this was a huge win.

G.M.S  anonymous again, didnt look interested tbh!

Thought Lowe was back to how we know he can play. Ref let them off with some real heavy challenges, a few of them eventually booked :

Thanks A l i. It's his best position, it's his favoured position.

Considine & McKenna had some really good games together in December, there was 1 or 2 shaky and poor games in there too, but on the whole, they played well together and were very solid. Considine takes a lot of unwarranted stick from a fair amount of supporters, I get that he has limitations, but at the end of the day, he's a big Centre Back that's been asked to play Left Back and he's had to adapt his game numerous times, I think he's matured into a pretty decent player who would probably be a 1st choice Centre Back at every other club in Scotland, with the exception of the Huns and Tims ( Hope that isn't too sectarian for the sensitive souls ) his determination to be fitter, faster and more composed is evident every season that passes and he's a decent goal threat too.

Funny, I thought it was a pretty dire game. Lucky not to be one down inside 4 minutes and we scored against the run of play. Thought mclellan was poor, lots of dribbling, stumble over the ball, no end product. Would he have been better out on loan than wright? Our play in the final third was slow, limited ball movement and poor passing, usually dribble and hope the individual creates something which didn’t happen much. Still, this has been DMs Aberdeen, grind out a result against the mid/lower teams but not overly pretty. Good win.