Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Female TV Punditry

SeeBass

Females are physically inferior to males in many ways and including football. This shouldn't mean that they are disqualified from watching or punditing on the men's game but when they do, they lack credibility in that the majority of men are listening to them are thinking how the fuck would you know? The lassie footballers on the mainstream channels are actually very good but without being capable of playing the game at this speed, at this intensity and at this quality, we still can't take them seriously or at least, as seriously as a man who has played the game. The scouse woman on the Sky panel is very astute and makes excellent observations but she's not there because of her ability in this regard, she's there because of the equal opportunities culture. I would far rather have a man doing it and leave the lassies to commentate and pundit on the female game, which nobody wants to watch cos it's shite. Bianca was the first one I remember and she only got the job because of Jeff was/is knobbing her. I have zero evidence for this, I certainly wouldn't stand in a court of law and utter this and again, she's a very good observer of football but I don't want to listen to her or any female talking about the male game so they can fuck off and get back in the kitchen and make me a fucking sandwich, the hoors.

Can't say Im too bothered about it. You don't have to have played the game to a high level to be able to give an opinion on those that do.....most commentators on matches are journalists not ex players. It isn't going to change anytime soon.....political correctness has ensured that there will be quotas to ensure equality throughout. Just be thankful we haven't seen Julian Clary or Alan Carr ( whose father was a pro footballer) give their thoughts on who should be Hibs' new manager or the McGregor citing.....

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I have been wondering about this for a while SeeBass.  We have become so politically correct as a nation (I use that word loosely) that even the sports broadcasters are getting in on the act and it is ridiculous.

It only seems to have happened in the last 12 months since the whole debacle over equal pay in the BBC.  Nothing against females commenting on sport generally but the insistence on having to have a female there for political correctness sake drives me mad.  Maybe I am too old school but I used to like turning on a game on Sky to hear what the likes of Henry, Souness, Redknapp etc had to say about it but I really could not give a damn what some ex-Arsenal ladies striker with 2000 England caps has to say.  Same goes for the Saturday Sportscene program with the two token females.

I don't actually think it is the female thing that annoys me, more the fact that they have not played at the standard they are commenting on.  I would probably have the same feelings if they unearthed male pundits who had only ever played for Buckie Thistle or Forres Mechanics but were discussing the world cup final. 

Another bug bear of mine is the increasing amount of female sport on the box, again, in my view, just for the sake of political correctness.  Does anyone really want to watch the ladies 6 nations rugby?  ::)

There was a wifie in the Commons at lunchtime who asked Theresa a question at PMQ's. Essentially it was some women's team had won their tie at the weekend in the Wifie FA Cup. They have reached the same round as the men have  but the women have secured their club £2k whereas the men's teams have earned £150k in prize money. She wants Theresa to try to get parity 8n prize money for the women's game  :hammer:

They've got equal prize money in the tennis Grand Slams. I find this wrong as the men play over 5 sets but the difference in quality is such that the top women's players could maybe give a man ranked 5000 ( if that exists) a decent game. However I remember a few years back I think it was Arsenal ladies who had just won the league played a friendly against an U14 boys side....not a particularly good one at that. The boys were 4-0 up at half time and the game was stopped about 15 minutes early with the boys 6-0 up. So I hope the FA tell Theresa where to ram her letter if she does follow this crackpot idea through...

Wifie pundits don't bother me in the slightest, generally because I only watch the moments between the whistle for kick off and the halftime/fulltime one.

I don't need some (generally) Manc or Scouse fucknut trying to make the latest offering of some shite overrated pish sound exciting and quite frankly the opinions of an ex-player, be that male or female make no difference to my enjoyment, or lack of, in a game.

It did strike me that the wifies that Sky have parachuted into their studios do seem to sound even more irritating than the blokes they have.

Wifie pundits don't bother me in the slightest, generally because I only watch the moments between the whistle for kick off and the halftime/fulltime one.

I don't need some (generally) Manc or Scouse fucknut trying to make the latest offering of some shite overrated pish sound exciting and quite frankly the opinions of an ex-player, be that male or female make no difference to my enjoyment, or lack of, in a game.

It did strike me that the wifies that Sky have parachuted into their studios do seem to sound even more irritating than the blokes they have.

I agree. It's the tone of their voices. It must be a recruitment thing, irritation being a by-product of the model they're looking for. It's quite remarkable how their male pundit panel are similarly offensive. Merson can barely speak English and Thompson's whiny nasal-ness are probably the biggest examples but being encouraged to shout out "GOAL" - in a patent attempt to make the product sound more exciting -  just makes Le Tissier and Charlie look as bad, the latter being a good pundit in my opinion. Unbelievably, Radio Scotland thought this was a good idea and have encouraged the same goal interruptions in Open All Mics, their "commentators" being unbelievably thick and almost disqualified for radio work by their sheer ineptitude with the English language. Michael Stewart is the best pundit out there by far in my book though.

I agree. It's the tone of their voices. It must be a recruitment thing, irritation being a by-product of the model they're looking for. It's quite remarkable how their male pundit panel are similarly offensive. Merson can barely speak English and Thompson's whiny nasal-ness are probably the biggest examples but being encouraged to shout out "GOAL" - in a patent attempt to make the product sound more exciting -  just makes Le Tissier and Charlie look as bad, the latter being a good pundit in my opinion. Unbelievably, Radio Scotland thought this was a good idea and have encouraged the same goal interruptions in Open All Mics, their "commentators" being unbelievably thick and almost disqualified for radio work by their sheer ineptitude with the English language. Michael Stewart is the best pundit out there by far in my book though.

Agreed that Michael Stewart is the best of the regular pundits on BBC Scotland , whether that's on radio or TV.

But he's rubbish at the Open-all-mikes.  I've heard him more than once taking ages to actually clarify wheher a goal's just been scored or which team has actually scored. He's not the only one who's guilty of that. 

Bizarrely , the other regular pundit that I quite like more than the others is Derek Ferguson , although undoubtedly he's not the most articulate, and he's also guilty someties of taking ages to clarify which team's scored. He'll tell you which player has scored, but that often means fuck all to me, if , for instance it's a game between Hamilton and Livingston.  The reason I like him though is that he is genunely enthusiastic about the less glamourous games that he's usually assigned to cover. He also went up in my opinion a few years back when he was of the only pundits who seemed genuinely outraged at the Huns getting to play a semi-final against the Jutes at Ibrox

The worst of the usual Open-all-mikes crew - Willie Miller

Disagree about Willie Miller,..and not just because of who he is,but he's one of the more intelligent pundits.Agree with Ferguson,seems to genuinely love the game,with no obvious bias.

As far as the wifies go,one of them, Eilidh Barbour?? has an annoying high pitch compared to the others.Another one,Heather Dewar is a bit insincere IMO.Tries to make Montrose v Albion game sound as important as Barca/Real.

Not a huge fan personally,but if i had a choice between that and Alan Preston,John Barnes etc,ra burds awrawye    :thumbsup:

I agree that Willie's OK as a pundit , when he's adding his thoughts to the main commentator.

But he's hopeless at open-all-mikes because he hardly ever enters into the spirit of it unless there's actually a goal scored. The others'll usually shout out "Chance !!" or something like that to let the listener know there's been some sort of incident at their game.  Willie doesn't. I know this because sometimes I listen to OAM while I'm at Pittodrie watching the game.

Don't see it as an issue having female pundits. Let's face it, some of the zoomers you get on TV are horrific wastes of air, so I welcome a change.  Some of their knowledge is quite in depth, I guess time will tell if any of them have the same inbred bias that their most of their male counterparts have.

Don't see it as an issue having female pundits. Let's face it, some of the zoomers you get on TV are horrific wastes of air, so I welcome a change.  Some of their knowledge is quite in depth, I guess time will tell if any of them have the same inbred bias that their most of their male counterparts have.

This.

They work harder to add more insightful input than the bulk of the lazy ex-pro thick cunts.

Put it this way you’d be hard pushed to find a female pundit referring to Ederson as Emerson, Jamille Matt as Jamal etc. Not once but throughout a 90 minute commentary.

I wish to withdraw anything reasonable I have ever said on this subject.

I tried to watch the English fitba on the telly last night but the endless sound of a female voice going on and on and on made me switch off.

Most of us will be married men, we have to have some sanctuary.

I wish to withdraw anything politically correct reasonable I have ever said on this subject.

I tried to watch the English fitba on the telly last night but the endless sound of a female voice going on and on and on made me switch off.

Most of us will be married men, we have to have some sanctuary.

Fixed it for ya! It is reasonable to seek sanctuary. It's ok to have the company of men only from time to time. It's not a crime to not want to listen to females spouting about a men's game they can't possibly experience.

Political correctness is a tool. The deep state use anti semitism as a political tool to unjustly smear Corbyn. The gender bender lobby is an agenda implemented by big pharma to facilitate gross charges for injecting confused kids with drugs. Equality of opportunity is sacrosanct but equality in performance and of capability doesn't exist.