Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Pointless Thuggery

SeeBass

There is many an aspect of our beautiful game which does anger me but was thinking about Allan McGregor incident and wondered whether we as a society need to grow up very quickly.  I still can't get my head around whole coin throwing then attempted assault on Neil Lennon at Tynecastle nor any other unsavoury sight in Scottish football last few year.  Those that play plus them who watch are setting said bad example for many young people yet sadly can't see this ever changing.  I often think walking away from sport might be good for SeeBass long term.       

Thuggery is rarely pointless. Even property vandalism comes from a place and therefore has a point, albeit often coming from social deprivation and/or individual boredom but "thuggery" in terms of people is a deliberate act to inflict damage on another, the whole point being to injure or destroy the recipient of one's ire.

McGregor did what many keepers would have done and has rightly been banned as self-protection is no longer allowed, far less the taking of any opportunity to damage an opponent, a natural instinct for many.

The assaults on Lennon were criminal acts which will rightfully be treated as such but these crimes don't inspire others to also commit crimes so nobody is "setting a bad example". We always have a choice how to conduct ourselves.

The best law in this country is self-defence. In a day and age where the losing aggressor goes and klipes, it's important to think ahead and create the opportunity to invoke self-defence before battering a cunt who is sair needing it.