Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Good guys vs bad guys - wed 745pm

Sounds like Joe should be back for this one. Whilst cerny is more than capable, I think Lewis covers a wee bit more. Definitely my preference but having watched the hibs game, content that cerny will do a good job if called upon. Sounds like we have to wait on Sam, but again hopefully he'll be OK. Not ideal to start a game with two non goal scoring Strikers but imagine we'll be trying to snuff out their midfield first. If Wilson can start putting away those through balls from Stewart, we might be onto a winner.

Hopefully the ref (Bobby madden)... Doesn't punish us for Gerrards scouse comments on the weekend. Moany fucker.

Over 16k tickets sold so hopefully a few more encouraged by the result on the weekend.

Out

Bed

Work

1-1, Stewart

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pish that a big game like this has been scheduled for mid week. Having to arrange ‘meetings” on Wednesday to allow me to get away from the office early enough. Would assume Cosgrove would be a risk given nature of his injury and would think we will go with May and Stewart up front and McGinn coming in to give us more width and protection to the full backs. Of more concern is the injury to Lewis. Although Cerny did okay when he came on his kicking was poor and he looked very hesitant to come for crosses. Would be much happier going into this game with Lewis so hopefully he makes it. Do not expect our game plan to change much from previous games against these vile bigots. Another chance to ram the “A class above” comments down the Scouse clowns throat.

In

Lift up the road

Y

Lift back to the Capital

1-0 Stewart

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

This is the chance to put the first nail in Stevie G's coffin.  If us and Killie can beat them in the next two then their season will be over on February 9th.

Saturday was a very encouraging performance from us, I thought we would lose that one.  We might need an extra man in midfield for Wednesday night so I can see Gleeson starting and sacrificing an attacking player.

13/5 for a Dons win.

2-1 the Dons (Stevie May, at long last x 2)  :wave:

Surely there's no risk to Lewis not starting? Was a cut to the forehead but shouldn't have got concussion from that?

He fairly clattered into the post so would not rule it out.

Does the league have a concussion protocol like NFL and Rugby?

If a player suffers concussion that is confirmed medically they are automatically ruled out for a minimum of 1 week.....effectively 2 weeks as for instance, if the injury happened on a Saturday, the following Saturday is included in the non playing time.

Pretty certain DM has confirmed there was no concussion just a bad cut and he was taken off as it was going to take quite a while to stitch. Will be between the sticks Wed night

Aye, there was no concussion, just one of those cuts that bleeds like a whoor and needed stitches. DM said that the only reason he didn't return to the game was the time it would take to perform those stitches.

Interesting one on Wednesday like. Common sense says that we stick to the same team from Saturday (Wilson for Cosgrove if necessary). At home, that's the way we should always be playing. Play GMS very high up on the wing against Tavernier and try and force an early booking, but at very least keep him defending. Even get Cosgrove dropping onto him for the headers from a Logan right to left to put pressue on him further. He's been the key to all their successes against us, but he's a pish defender, so play to his weaknesses (and our strengths). Shinnie and Ferguson improving every week in that midfield and we need to keep that momentum going. Hoban and Considine need to play like the latter and McKenna did at Ibrox and get hard up the arse of Morelos, niggling at every opportunity. Logan needs to play out of his skin again, as we'll need his covering both at full back and across the back when the inevitable over-the-top ball catches us out like it has all season.

McInnes, will play the 4-5-1 though, with Ball or Gleeson coming in to midfield (probably Ball, unless Gleeson was any good against Hibs). I expect him to play McGinn out wide (in place of May or Stewart) because he'll put in a shift against Tavernier with defence-first in mind, or he'll play May there with the same instruction. I think we'll struggle with this approach, just as we did in the opening game where we were lucky to come away with a draw.

I've a feeling that the Hibees game was the one where we played with confidence and bravery this week and I think we might lose.

Fuck it, 2-0 to the dons, Ferguson and Considine.

Even if Cosgrove is fit....I suspect with a back injury he won't be....I think he will sit this one out. Sevco big defenders wouldn't mind a big but fairly slow target man, what they won't like are 2 smallish but rapid attackers harassing the fuck out of them and pulling them all over the final third of the pitch. So I reckon it'll be. May and Wilson starting,  McGinn replacing one of them later on in the game to keep up the high press.

Obviously the concern for us is can our central defenders cope with sevco punting longish balls over their heads and having the likes of Kent, Candy Ass and El Buffoonalo getting in behind. They could sit a bit deeper but that rules out the offside trap and encourages them to attack us on the wings instead.

Tbh, shorn of McKenna and Devlin I don't think a draw would be the worst result in the circumstances but hoping we can sneak a win and spend an hour late on Wednesday night with a glass or 2 of Argentinian red watching the utter meltdown that will ensue on Sevco Meedja/ Swallow swallow

This is the chance to put the first nail in Stevie G's coffin.  If us and Killie can beat them in the next two then their season will be over on February 9th.

You’re playing with my dreams! Think it’s unlikely they’ll lose both, but even a draw against us then a cup defeat to killie would be very damaging for them - the fans would definitely start turning on Gerrard.

In

South

1-0 us

Stewart 66

:AFC2:

I have a sneaky suspicion that McKenna will be fit for this one, think it may be too soon for Devlin but think he'll be available for QOTS.

Hopefully GMS continues the form he showed at Hibs, was much more like him. Not really sure what to expect from Der Hun, they're trying to fit Morelos and Defoe into the same 11, so that means a change in formation, which apparently they haven't looked too good in ( I have Hun friends who made that statement )

Lewis

Logan

Hoban

McKenna

Lowe

Ferguson

Shinnie

May

Stewart

GMS

Cosgrove

Although, I wouldn't have a problem at all with Wilson replacing May, Wilson was excellent on Saturday, made a few chances for himself and generally looked quick & linked the play well.

It's either going to go one of two ways, we'll either sit back and hit them on the Counter, which has worked when playing them so far, and we'll sneak it 1-0, or they will trounce us, I actually had a dream the other night there that they were 4-0 up at HT! More of a nightmare than a dream, but seriously, we are more than capable of winning, I just hope we do it in style, but I'd naturally take a total bore-fest 1-0 to the Good Guys. 

Im feeling reasonably confident for this one.  Past two games McInnes has had Gerrards number tactically and we are starting to look much more potent up top.  Stewart has been great business and I thought he combined really well with Wilson against hibs.  I've got to be honest and say I actually wouldn't mind if we went with GMS, May, Wilson and Stewart.  The hun don't exactly have a settled back line at the moment and if Stewart gets anything resembling space (spoiler alert ; he will)  he could have a field day playing the rest of them in. 

Defensively Hoban has to play in this regardless who's back from injury if you ask me. I thought he looked pretty classy and we will need that kinda calm against two excellent strikers.  Indeed i would say Devlin has a battle on his hands for his jersey when he is fully fit if he keeps this form up.  If McKenna is back that's great and he can go in for considine. 

It's a really big game this, arguably as big as the league cup semi. If we want to finish ahead of the tribute act then, realistically, I think we kinda need to win this one. 

no idea on score but fancy us to win.

I thought I read somewhere Logan was suspended...?  :dunno: Doubt if Cosgrove will make it, and I don’t think Considine will be dropped. Got a feeling he’ll try to fit McKenna (if fit) into a similar team as Saturday...

Joe

McKenna

Considine

Hoban

Logan?

Lowe

Shinnie

Ferguson

May

GMS

Stewart

This would be a big win for us and shove two fingers up at the scumbags who would go into meltdown if we overtook them in the league at this stage.

I think we will revert to a more defensive formation and expect to see Ball or Gleeson in the line up on Wednesday night.

I could just about take a defeat as long as we put in some effort. After those games back in December 17 when Deek was on the verge of going I have never quite trusted him in these matches, but appreciate we have beaten them a couple of times since.

3-2 us - James Wilson to score all three after coming on late in the second half with us being 2-0 down.

I really hope this game is a sell out, a few fairweather fans I work with are trying to get tickets, which I'm not sure is a good or a bad thing, but be good to get a full house for this one, despite being a midweek game.

COYR

Aye, there was no concussion, just one of those cuts that bleeds like a whoor and needed stitches. DM said that the only reason he didn't return to the game was the time it would take to perform those stitches.

Interesting one on Wednesday like. Common sense says that we stick to the same team from Saturday (Wilson for Cosgrove if necessary). At home, that's the way we should always be playing. Play GMS very high up on the wing against Tavernier and try and force an early booking, but at very least keep him defending. Even get Cosgrove dropping onto him for the headers from a Logan right to left to put pressue on him further. He's been the key to all their successes against us, but he's a pish defender, so play to his weaknesses (and our strengths). Shinnie and Ferguson improving every week in that midfield and we need to keep that momentum going. Hoban and Considine need to play like the latter and McKenna did at Ibrox and get hard up the arse of Morelos, niggling at every opportunity. Logan needs to play out of his skin again, as we'll need his covering both at full back and across the back when the inevitable over-the-top ball catches us out like it has all season.

McInnes, will play the 4-5-1 though, with Ball or Gleeson coming in to midfield (probably Ball, unless Gleeson was any good against Hibs). I expect him to play McGinn out wide (in place of May or Stewart) because he'll put in a shift against Tavernier with defence-first in mind, or he'll play May there with the same instruction. I think we'll struggle with this approach, just as we did in the opening game where we were lucky to come away with a draw.

I've a feeling that the Hibees game was the one where we played with confidence and bravery this week and I think we might lose.

Fuck it, 2-0 to the dons, Ferguson and Considine.

Whilst your optimism is admirable I feel compelled to remind you that Rangers got 4 penalties in their last game and were complaining that it should've been 5.  :hammer:

Whilst your optimism is admirable I feel compelled to remind you that Rangers got 4 penalties in their last game and were complaining that it should've been 5.  :hammer:

To be fair, it should have been at least 2, probably 3. Dallas' shitness as a ref shouldn't affect us tomorrow night. If anything, it'll have the opposite affect with refs pretending that they aren't huns for a few weeks.

hope to fck ball doesnt play

I agree, but I think he will (or Gleeson). I think he'll go for the extra man in midfield (the way we finished against Hibs) unfortunately, which I think is a cop out at home. Whether he plays Ball or Gleeson as that additional man is neither here nor there for me, it's the formation that is the issue. He's done it in all games against them this season, including the opener at home, which was a total disaster with a painting-over-the-cracks last minute goal.