Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Leith Junkies 02/02

Day before the game and no match thread what is this site coming to. Not seen anything yet to suggest any of the injured players are back so would expect the team to be much along the lines of Tuesday’s. Porteous out injured long term for the Green spoon burners so they should be weaker at the back although McNulty will give them better attacking options. Hopefully get through this with no additional injuries or suspensions.

In

Flat then 2 minute walk to ground

Away end

2 minute walk back to flat

2-1 Stewart and McGinn.

Think many are slightly aggrieved at the lack of transfer activity, and rightly so.

Anyway, not sure what to make of Hibs, no Ambrose and Porteus, as much as a bombscare as Ambrose was, when he was on form, he was a good defender! Honestly don't know anything about McNulty.

More concerned about our own squad at the moment, McInnes said we are light at the back in his presser this morning, so I assume Devlin is still out, McKenna obviously. Hoban & Considine at CB? Logan & Lowe at Full Back.

They will have had a lift with their 2nd half at St Mirren, but I think we have more about us than St Mirren and hopefully take a 2 goal lead in at HT.

Hibernian 1 vs 3 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove x 2, Considine )

Tough call this one. As KFP says, tough to really know what to expect from hibs. Will they play with added freedom after player power won?

Still really disappointed with this window. I know I said we don't make wholesale changes but I genuinely thought we'd make one or two significant signings, given where we are.

Anyway. I digress. Slightly concerned about our defence. Its a boost that we have Lowe back so at least that takes care of one area. But it's the centre half partnership is a concern. Hopefully gms remembers he likes playing hibs.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

Hibs 1 - dons 1, mcginn

Great waking up to that result but shit news about Cosgrove and Lewis. Needed them both against the hunnery, but at the very least I hope Lewis makes it. Not a game it play a new gk.

Glad to hear gms found his scoring boots against them too. Does love to play them.  Decent away crowd?

Cerny has always been a decent keeper, he is capable if Joe doesn't make it, but obviously I'd rather he did.

I forgot to say today, you wouldn't think Hoban was out as long as he was would you? Thought he was absolutely solid today, very calm & composed and read the game very well.

Michael Stewart said as much on the radio, always good to have decent options when you lose key players in key positions.

I know a Watford fan, he's my best pals cousin. I hadn't seen him since he was a teenager but his mum and dad moved up here a few years back and he visits quite often now.  I always end up in a big football chat with him and he's really knowledgeable, even about Scottish football which is rare for an Englishman.

Anyway, it was him that told me we had signed Hoban so asked him what he knew about him.  He really rated him, said he was quite surprised by the move as he never looked out of place when playing epl for Watford. 

I know a Watford fan, he's my best pals cousin. I hadn't seen him since he was a teenager but his mum and dad moved up here a few years back and he visits quite often now.  I always end up in a big football chat with him and he's really knowledgeable, even about Scottish football which is rare for an Englishman.

Anyway, it was him that told me we had signed Hoban so asked him what he knew about him.  He really rated him, said he was quite surprised by the move as he never looked out of place when playing epl for Watford.

Remember lots of positivity for both him and Lowe from their parent clubs. Both I guess have ended up with us due to injury curtailing them from reaching their full potential. If Hoban stays fit, he'll be a great signing for us.

Watched the extended highlights on REDTV. Looked like a really entertaining game and both sides unlucky not to score more. Some really good play from us which really was pleasing to say. Concerning were now left with two non scoring Strikers though. But with Stewart and GMS, hopefully that'll take the slack.

Saw the good and the bad of James Wilson on Saturday. Shows flashes of lightning pace and created a couple of chances. One for himself and one for someone else. Both of which were missed. Then he missed a really good chance to kill it off at the death. I'd be all for signing him up if he's willing to take a 90% wage cut.  :thumbsup:

It was a really decent game and on another day we'd have won 5-1. Thoroughly impressed with Hoban at CB.

Saw the good and the bad of James Wilson on Saturday. Shows flashes of lightning pace and created a couple of chances. One for himself and one for someone else. Both of which were missed. Then he missed a really good chance to kill it off at the death. I'd be all for signing him up if he's willing to take a 90% wage cut.  :thumbsup:

It was a really decent game and on another day we'd have won 5-1. Thoroughly impressed with Hoban at CB.

Hoban was a class act at ch, thing is, where does he fit in when Devlin & McKenna are fit ?  Dont know if a perm. deal for Hoban is possible, but if it was.

Hoban was a class act at ch, thing is, where does he fit in when Devlin & McKenna are fit ?  Dont know if a perm. deal for Hoban is possible, but if it was.

He will be on a decent wedge at Watford....not a fortune but certainly a good bit more than we would offer. Championship clubs could easily match it and I'd imagine that's where his preference would lie but will be have that option given his horrendous injury record?

Once McKenna and Devlin are fit I can see DM mainly going to a back 3 given that it worked so well against Hibs. There would obviously be a casualty from the regular back line in doing that.....Logan would be the obvious candidate, his form has been sketchy for well over a  year now. If Hoban signed permanent it could be the end for Shay as a regular in the first team.

I think Hoban is potentially cover for all of the back 4. If Devlin is fit for tomorrow I just hope he partners Hoban and not Considine. With Devlin and Hoban returning, and Lowe here til the end of the season, Andy should be the one to drop out. I also think Hoban was signed as a potential left back and it wasn’t until he was injured that we then signed Lowe. Lowe has been fantastic and Devlin and McKenna are our first choice once healthy so while Hoban has looked good he’ll drop to the bench.

Only reason Hoban is here is because he cannot stay out of the treatment room. Ability wise he is clearly good enough to play at a higher level. If he can stay fit I fully expect him to get a deal at a championship or even bottom end Premier club in England which would take him well out of our wage bracket.