Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Clearout continues?

Dom Ball, who's cover for Shinnie. Campbell cover for Ferguson. It's not ideal, but if we get the opportunity to ditch Gleeson now, it might be an idea to take that. The biggest issue would be if both Shinnie and Ferguson get injured, as Ball and Campbell isn't strong enough. Shinnie could probably carry Campbell and we'd be okay, but Ball doesn't have the movement. One issue I can see is that if Lowe gets injured or suspended. The gulf in midfield, to me, means that you can't move Shinnie in to cover, it'd have to be Considine or Reynolds. Fine for the majority of games, but knowing our luck it'll be the game preceeding that against the Tims or Huns that Lowe gets a dubious red card that the panel don't overturn. Hopefully if we ditch Gleeson then it'd be to free up space for another midfielder in the mould of Christie (who could have covered for the Ferguson role on occasion).

Dom Ball, who's cover for Shinnie. Campbell cover for Ferguson. It's not ideal, but if we get the opportunity to ditch Gleeson now, it might be an idea to take that. The biggest issue would be if both Shinnie and Ferguson get injured, as Ball and Campbell isn't strong enough. Shinnie could probably carry Campbell and we'd be okay, but Ball doesn't have the movement. One issue I can see is that if Lowe gets injured or suspended. The gulf in midfield, to me, means that you can't move Shinnie in to cover, it'd have to be Considine or Reynolds. Fine for the majority of games, but knowing our luck it'll be the game preceeding that against the Tims or Huns that Lowe gets a dubious red card that the panel don't overturn. Hopefully if we ditch Gleeson then it'd be to free up space for another midfielder in the mould of Christie (who could have covered for the Ferguson role on occasion).

Dom Ball..... :eek:

Dom Ball..... :eek:

You are one of many on here who's going to be seriously pissed off when we sign him permanently in the summer. (Assuming DM doesn't walk/get his jotters beforehand)

FWIW Although I wrote Gleeson off in August, he does seem to have worked on his fitness and stamina and has looked more like the player we expected to have when he joined. I hope nothing comes of the Dundee interest and gets some proper game time between now and summer to prove what he really can do. If  he's still not up to the job then by all means try to punt in the close season