Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

VAR in Scotland.

Jute

Managers and Refs have called for VAR to be introduced in Scotland at summit in Perth.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiKt6mthvbfAhWB1-AKHWl1B-0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F46913628&psig=AOvVaw1oIHBoJVW8fcU3Q3QM4utB&ust=1547856880199225

Would probably finish me with top flight football if this came in. Cannot see what difference it will make when you have the same referees and governing body making the decisions as we do currently.

Guest jinkyjoe

am assuming if VAR is enabled, then maybe we might get the REFS punished or overturned for " missing " moreles kicking players and other hun players booting the opposition players.

If they can get it in place NOW for the run in this year and it catches out the huns or celtic cheating and its caught and rectified during the game. surely thats a win win for the league

Yes I would imagine that is the reason they want to bring it in, so the refs can be punished  :laughing::rofl:

Here in NZ, well, the a-league, var had a lot of controversy at the start of the season because they were interfering with the game. Referees had made a number of calls that were probably correct and as the vat watched in slow motion and didn't watch the full play (rather just the exact incident), they overturned their decisions. Quite often now, of the ref makes a big call, it'll go to var straight away. What I find baffling is that sometimes incidents you think should go to var, don't.

Not sure I trust the Scottish referees any more than the aussie ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that VAR in this season's FA Cup is only used at Premiership team's home grounds, hence why it wasn't used in yesterday's match at Millwall.

For me that makes a mockery of the English FA's experiment especially given they showed replays of the handball on the big screen in the stadium. I would be surprised if Millwall (English Championship) wouldn't be able to install it for a one off match

VAR was overdue but the use of it in England and the roll out of it is haphazard at best. It's not difficult and I don't buy the objection re cost. It's only cameras and monitors with some simple software on top and almost every game is being recorded or streamed anyway. The reason why it's needed was perfectly illustrated when Millwall equalised with a ricochet off an upper arm, a goal I was delighted about for a number of reasons including that I'm going there on Saturday to take in their clash with Rotherham.

The English/human beings can do spectacular fuck-ups. The family of the missing Cardiff phoned the FA to complain about the black armbands being worn yesterday so they weren't wearing them at the later kick off for Millwall v. Everton. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to conclude that he was pan breid before anyone knows for certain. Nothing like extinguishing the last sliver of hope for the poor cunts.