Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Franchise FC v Dons 29/12

Just because you cannot make the game no reason not to start a match thread Manc.

This could be a difficult game especially on their plastic pitch. Their home record is decent so we will need to be better than we were in 2nd half on Wednesday. Not sure what the injury situation is but hope we go with an attacking a line up as possible. Initial allocation is sold out and club has confirmed their will be a cash gate.

In

A pub in roundaboutville somewhere

Away end

Train back to capital

2-0 May double

It's weekends like this I'm a bit jealous we don't have a derby to look forward to.

Everyone else getting fired up for a full house, city derby. Easter Road for one will be rocking. Inverness, Glasgow, Lanarkshire all got big games. Had the Dundee and Renfrewshire teams been in the same division they'd have derbies too.

And we've got Livingston.

Suppose you can't have it two ways. I like Aberdeen being a one-team city, but seems we have something missing from the fixture list.

Been a busy few days and completely lost track of actual dates! Can see this being a tough game but hopefully mcinnes and the team will feel aggrieved they didn't get anything from the dhims game (not saying we should have). Gutted not to make this, seemed like even easyJet were trying to keep me in Edinburgh yesterday.

Be good to end the year with a victory. We kind of need it too given how tight the table is.

Out

London

Pub near waterloo

House

2-1 dons, Cosgrove and may

Been a gruelling month, on the whole, it has been a good one. We have done very well to put ourselves right in amongst it. A win for us today, paired with a draw in the Tim/Hun game, followed by defeat for Kilmarnock, would nestle us back in there nicely.

Not even remotely clued up as to who is available and who isn't. I am sure McInnes said that GMS would have been back for Celtic, but obviously wasn't, Devlin I imagine is still out, Lowe & McGinn have groin injuries, but I don't know if they are available today.

I think this is going to be one of those games that everyone expects to be tight, and understandably so, but I have a feeling that we are going to horse them, genuinely. No idea why, just think the players will put in a monumental shift and it'll be enough to see us collect 3 points.

Livingston 0 - 3 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove x 2, Considine )

Been a gruelling month, on the whole, it has been a good one. We have done very well to put ourselves right in amongst it. A win for us today, paired with a draw in the Tim/Hun game, followed by defeat for Kilmarnock, would nestle us back in there nicely.

I hope you're right that we horse them today but I don't understand what you mean by saying that on the whole it has been a good month. This is exactly why I asked the question about what we want and expect as a club because I couldn't possibly describe December as good, by any stretch of my limitless imagination.

The month started with a cup final that was pathetic, our closest chance and our only shot anywhere near the target being an OG attempt. I don't know what you were feeling but we were gutted and pretty silent over dinner and the drive home. Performance rating: 1/10.

Beating Rangers at Ibrox was a brilliant result, and possibly a fluke given how infrequently it happens and the fact that our opponents are a class above, apparently, as spake by a scouse tink cunt fuck. 10/10. (I know the performance was nowhere near perfect but who cares, it's those fuckers we beat).

Then v. St Johnstone we endured one of the worst performances I have ever seen at Pittodrie, over a period spanning six decades. 0/10.

You would agree, I presume, that a 92nd minute winner at home to the famous Livingstone wasn't great but it was a game we probably deserved to win. 6/10.

Scraping past St Mirren who hadn't accumulated even a double figure number of points wasn't the performance of a good team so happy to take the result. 5/10

Horsing Dundee was much more like it. That's what we should be doing to shite. 8/10.

Hearts are supposedly our competition so we have to be beating cunts like that, particularly at home and unusually, we benefitted from some poor refereeing. 7/10.

Never really in it v. Celtic. Terrible tactics, Considine exposed, just another horrible game to have suffered. Two well taken pens though. 2/10.

39 out of a possible 70, three defeats including throwing away a final and an embarrassment at home against the mighty St Johnstone, three wins we should be getting anyway (if we had any aspirations to compete in this league) and only one bonus win isn't a tally that I would ever describe as "good", although FIVE wins in the league in one month (15 points) is more than good, and hopefully, and should be, 18 points in December after today.

So yeah, I've kinda argued against myself and supported your point. But for one critical difference. In a month where we suffered some shocking performances, including at home, we should never describe it as "good" because a great team never has this many shockers in half a season, let alone one month and a good team doesn't turn up and play shite 3 times in a month neither.

Rocket, in terms of the points swing, it's been a good month. Wasn't that long ago we were a good bit behind the likes of Hearts, Livingston & Killie, I agree wholeheartedly regarding the Cup Final, St Johnstone & that utter embarrassment on Boxing Day, but for some bizarre reason, many reckon we were unlucky and didn't deserve to lose on Boxing Day  ???

I think with McInnes' stubbornness to rotate the squad ( where possible ) and the amount of games that the same players have played, we have done well to be in amongst it again, and imagine we actually showed intent against Celtic there on Boxing day, we could be sitting level on points with them right now.

I don't think the performances have been excellent, or even good, but they've been enough to get the points on board.

Only saw the second half due to redtv issues but brutal game. One of the worst. Also, play on astroturf here in the states all the time and it's usually decent but the livi pitch looked awful, very very slow. Didn't see the Livi goal but a short pass back, pitch an issue??

Good December including scraping this win, considering the amount of games, but we are generally shit. Good news is so are the majority of the league. Today it was so obvious our defense was out of sorts, so many long balls bounced and Lewis had to be alert, you'd normally see Devlin and McKenna mop that up no problem.

Three points off first but tic have the extra game and a crucial window. We have no left back. Center mid is shit. Ball and Consi are shit but play far too much. Shinnie and GMS may go. McKenna will get bids. McGinn is clearly past it. And we have injuries. Bizarre that we are the worst in a log time yet the league is wide open and we are there or there abouts. I don't subscribe to the belief Celtic will pull away - they will spend but who is to say they'll get it right? Many have taken points off them and I see that continuing. A ballsy window from DM and Milne and things could be interesting. But we won't see that.

Hard earned & deserved 3 points.

All things considered ( The amount of forward thinking players on the pitch, having 3 at the back etc... ) it wasn't a bad performance. Wilson, made a positive impact, scored one and created one, Gleeson again, extremely comfortable when he came on and look assured and composed, he deserves to start in my opinion, crazy bit of slackness from McKenna in regards to their goal, and subsequently comical from Considine, who hit the ball of one player trying to clear it, then another, but he isn't to blame.

3 points off of top spot ( Albeit Tims have a game in hand ) so all isn't THAT bad, but we need another Striker to partner Cosgrove ( Unless Wilson maintained that type of performance ) because for all that he tries, Stevie May is not the answer, yet again today, presented with at least 1 clear enough opportunity, and he didn't even hit it on target, there were other half chances for him that he made a meal of as well, he tries yes, he runs around a lot, yes, but we need end product, simple as that, he doesn't bring that. ( I wanted him to succeed, still do, but when will it change, he's had a run of games now and scored 2 penalties ) it's not good enough.

Going to be boring as fuck until the next game now.

heard from a few gleeson looked decent have to ask why he isnt starting

He's had one misplaced pass that lead to St Mirren scoring, that is literally the only thing he's done wrong. Every other appearance he's made, he's looked neat and tidy, and in actual fact, his range of passing at times is superb, he absolutely deserves more game time in my opinion and I'll be extremely disappointed if we allow him to leave in January.

I have always said there is a player in Wilson, he has more ability than the rest of the strikers put together.

Whether we see it is another matter.

Totally on the money. There is a player in there. He wouldn't have got a five year deal @ 30k a week = 7.5/8m if he was a total nugget. But give an 18 year old that sort of money and the danger is that he loses hunger. Only once did he surprise me with great quality, the goal v. Hamilton. He's been generally toilet otherwise. A lazy cunt with zero future.

He changed the game today, looked up for it from the moment he got on the pitch.

Also Considine wasn't lb today. We played a back three.

Well well, his last game for a month and he was up for it? Cunt.

Doesn't matter what McInnes did with Consi for one day. He's been abused his whole career. Fine loon Andrew. Heart of a lion. Pity EVERY SINGLE MANAGER he's played under has been a total cunt.

heard from a few gleeson looked decent have to ask why he isnt starting

Which bit about " He only has the stamina to last 60 minutes before he runs out of gas and needs subbed" do you not understand?

Yes the boy has talent, probably the most of all our midfielders. But until he can play a full 90 minutes he will remain a bench option only unless we are in dire emergency with a run of injuries to other midfielders.