Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Victimhood - Boxing Day 2 pm

Never started a match thread before. First time for everything.

And hopefully the first time McInnes can beat Celtic in a fixture that means something.

Nothing can go on forever. Records are there to be broken.

So let's fucking break it.

Beautiful day anticipated. Always bump into loads of good folk I forgot existed at this time of year and the pub crawl I've got planned before and after takes in everything I need. Will have at least 50% and hopefully 75% of my kids with me at some point, depending if my eldest gets his arse in gear. Can't manage 100% as the youngest not legal to drink.

Any win would be wonderful. 3 points will be lovely.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting a match thread fuck sake, sheer cunt of a move, you reprobate  :wave::thumbsup:

All joking aside though, great opportunity to level ourselves on points with them, at this stage of the season, that's mightily impressive, normally they have a decent advantage points wise at this stage. You have to hand it to the players & the manager, I honestly thought we were going to be fighting for a top 6 spot, let alone be 3 points from 1st! Still a long way to go obviously, but we have a good bit of momentum at the moment & I see no reason for that to change.

Think it'll be tight, but play the way we have been, Celtic will struggle defensively. Team selection, depending on Lowe being fit of course, will be like this

Lewis

Logan

Considine

McKenna

Lowe ( Shinnie )

Ferguson

Shinnie ( Gleeson )

McGinn

May

McLennan

Cosgrove

If Lowe doesn't make it, stick Shinnie to LB and put Gleeson in the middle with Ferguson. Also worth noting, Mackay-Steven is supposed to be fit & available for this one, is he not?

I reckon we're in for a high scoring ( tight ) affair, 3-2 to the good guys ( Cosgrove, Considine, May )

COYFR

Thanks for stepping up rocket. Good to share the burden  ;)

Tickets selling well, should be an awesome match. Hope the guys can stick to their guns and take it to the cunts. Presume this is on REDTV? Not able to make any of the festive games, had hoped for the livi game but times just wouldn't work.

Has there been much said about Lowe? If he is out it does provide us with a bit of a problem. Just hope dm doesn't move ball into CB and consi out to left....doesn't play to anyone's strengths.

If Lowe doesn't make it, stick Shinnie to LB and put Gleeson in the middle with Ferguson.

100% agree. I can't imagine another option. My imagination literally can't anticipate anything other than this. But some managers like to do something other than the obvious, for various reasons. It's a small man syndrome at play. I've got the power, nobody else and I'll exercise it how I want. They also kid themselves that they have a unique tactical genius gift. It's stubbornness and stupidity mostly.

Really hope we stick with 2 upfront as do think that is main reason that we are getting goals in last few games and neither May or Cosgrove looks capable of playing the loan striker role. If Lowe is injured would like to see Shinnie going back to left back with Gleeson going in beside Ferguson in the middle of the field as he offers more than Ball in an attacking sense. Dims have the annoying habit of winning important games especially when teams get close to them. Have a horrible feeling that will be repeated tomorrow especially if we set up defensively.

In (hopefully)

Lift up the road

Y

Lift back to capital

1-2 with May getting Dons goal.

I don't get the clamour for Gleeson in midfield. Weak as piss in any outing so far this season, with movement non-existent. Decent game against Hertz aside, he's been pap. He'd get run around by Christie, and slaughtered physically by Brown on previous showings. Considine at left back is significantly less risky than Gleeson in midfield. That said, neither are great options, and it shows the dilemma we have if Lowe isn't fit. I realise that if Considine goes to left back then we have zero central defenders though, so I sort of get it. I think we should just prop Lowe up on the left side and hope for the best - he's nae our player after all. Taking Shinnie out of midfield was not good for us against Hearts though, and meant we absolutely had to sacrifice a second striker. His workrate is phenomenal.

Anyway, we'll fuck them up 2-0. Gleeson double.

Also don't get the clamour for Gleeson but not for the reason Rico gave. Quite obviously he has the most quality of all our midfield options but we know he's out of gas after an hour and has to be subbed off as he becomes a liability. Until he improves his stamina to an extent where he can last the full 90 minutes he should be an option off the subs bench only. However if Ball still has the flu and Shinnie is needed at left back then we might be forced to take the risk and play him from the start and just pray we don't suffer a few early injuries.

No word on Lowe's fitness so fingers crossed we are going to spring a surprise when the teams emerge for the warm up and he's fit to go but i think I'm clutching at straws here.

2-1 (May, GMS (pen))

No word on Lowe's fitness so fingers crossed we are going to spring a surprise when the teams emerge for the warm up and he's fit to go but i think I'm clutching at straws here.

This is what I'm really hoping for...it's been done a few times before  :-\

Out

House, probably having lunch

House

House

1-1, Logan

considine again at lb exposing us dreadful shitbag second half performance

The usual shite DM tactics. Sit back and absorb pressure until Celtic score. All too predictable and unsuccessful. 10 mins left but we've created fuck all and it was a dodgy penalty.

Edit, two dodgy penalties...