Author Topic: Dons - Victimhood - Boxing Day 2 pm  (Read 2215 times)

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 22
Re: Dons - Victimhood - Boxing Day 2 pm
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
considine again at lb exposing us dreadful shitbag second half performance

The usual shite DM tactics. Sit back and absorb pressure until Celtic score. All too predictable and unsuccessful. 10 mins left but we've created fuck all and it was a dodgy penalty.

Edit, two dodgy penalties...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 03:39:11 PM by LA-Don »

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -115
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 03:39:17 PM »
big sam tremendous
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »
I'll give shinnie credit for the run too

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
And fuck

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
ffs dung ball hopeless there
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »
some game littered with mistakes
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
get it wilson to fuck
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
Logan at fault for probably their second and fourth but ultimately we got what we deserved. We'd have been raging of both those penalties were given against us, other than Ferguson's goal did we have a shot on goal from open play??

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 48
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
1st pen was stone wall 2nd shinnie cheated.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »
How can anyone say the first was a dodgy pen!? Clear pen. Second. There was enough contact. And fuck it, its them. Just couldn't believe how bad consi, logan and ball were for the third and fourth goals. We were completely overrun in the second, was hard to watch.

Two full backs are a priority imo
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:23:02 PM by manc_don »

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »
First was more of a penalty than the second but had both been given against us we’d be raging. Regardless, shit performance that exposed our weaknesses yet again.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2018, 04:39:52 PM »
We were workmanlike but carried little threat,just working off Celtic' scraps. Still had a chance of sneaking something from the game if Mcginn had stayed on but never got Mclennan or Wright involved enough. 

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 15
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »
That fuckers were there for the taking today, but our tactics stopped us from taking advantage.

We need to sort out the middle of the park that is our weakest area by far for me.

We put in a decent shift today, but came away with nothing, the last two goals we conceded were as soft as fuck.

James Wilson is a waste of a jersey and needs to go back in January. I am sure he will score goals for somebody,  but not for us.

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -985
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 04:46:52 PM »
Shinnie just followed what Scott Brown did down at Section Y near the end of the first half. Ref made it clear he was willing to give a foul for that.

Our defence was as weak as you'd expect with 2 of the 4 defenders being played out of position.

As much question marks there are over Gleeson in midfield, if Dom Ball playing in central defence is preferable to Gleeson in central midfield, we might as well terminate his contract now.

Offline February1971

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: -1
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »
the one thing we miss more than anything is a creative CM. We had some good opportunities to run at them throughout the game but fizzled out due to lack of composure.
When i saw Wright coming on for McGinn at HT my heart sunk.
Scott Wright is just not good enough.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
In the first half, trying to man mark too many of their players done us. Considine pulled out of position so Logan had to tuck in killed us as the ball slid into the channel was just too easy.  Ball's effort then McKenna being on his heels gifted the chance to Sinclair.

The three goals conceded in the second half could have been a slideshow of Aberdeen-Celtic games of the past few years. Target the full backs, get in behind, cut back, goal.  It was embarrassing how easy it was for them.

I really liked how high we sat today in terms of putting pressure on their back line - particularly first half. But it's so hard to keep that going for the 90.

I would liked to have seen Bruce Anderson on the park today, give them something different to think about. But, if we're scoring three goals at home and still losing the match it's clear where the issues are.

It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline DantheDon

• Under 19's
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 06:38:31 PM »
I don't think Ball put in a good enough performance today. Would say he was at fault for the first goal and just didn't break up the play enough in the middle of the park. When we then moved Shinnie into midfield it was better but we were totally exposed on the flanks. I actually thought Considine did fine today but was always going to be done for pace once he was moved out to left back. I think it was obvious that we sorely missed Max Lowe.

Personally don't buy that Celtic were there for the taking, they are not as good as they have been but neither are we. They managed to take an 8m player off the bench to turn the match for them. We are doing well to be where we are based on the players we have lost over the past few seasons. I would bite your arm off to accept a European place and integrating some of these good youngsters into the team this season. Its not that I'm unambitious but I do feel realistically we are going to need this season to rebuild. Maclennan looked decent again today although he was quickly crowded out whenever he got the ball.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
What might have been

Dhims targetted Logan as the weak link in our defence. Proved a successful tactic in the end but the 3rd and 4th goals we conceded both he, Ball and McKenna were all culpable. Considine cops the blame for the second. First was a well worked effort.

First half we deserved our equaliser and was a definite penalty though a stupidly conceded one on Izaguirre's part. Our second was a definite dive by Shinnie but well put away by Cosgrove who was quiet today but confidence must be sky high. Ferguson looked tired and he will now get his much needed rest this coming weekend. McKenna was m.o.m. until his poor showing in the last 10 minutes, probably would give it to May for his fantastic work rate. Wright sadly another chance given and another chance not taken. With our injury list he will probably feature against Livi in some capacity but needs punted out on loan in January.

Final score flattered us a bit but at least we aren't suffering 3 goal or more margins of defeat against them now. Hopefully they'll pump sevco Sat lunchtime and allow us the opportunity to draw level on points with der hun later in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:45:35 PM by Ten Caat »

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »
Personally don't buy that Celtic were there for the taking

Despite the fact we scored three against them? Not saying we deserved to win, but suggesting Celtic aren't there to be got at seems strange to me when we've just done that despite not being at our best.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -159
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »
I was at a different game today.

What I saw was Shinnie at LB for the first half and them creating zero, particularly down their right wing.

Then I saw Consi at LB and twice Forrest got the better of him and this led to two goals.

Connor Mac was poor. He never got into it and was lazy as fuck.

Shinnie in midfield is fucking useless. That was embarrassing today.

But when a shitehoose like Collum is in charge, it all goes oot the windie.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise