Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hearts - Sat 3PM

Penultimate home game before the winter break.  I think we all know what sort of hearts team we're going to face, but just hope DM sticks to the current team.  It's clearly working.  Defensive play against teams like this doesn't tend to work, or at least not against Hearts in recent times.

Out

Stag

Stag

Stag - probably in a gutter

1-1, McGinn - think they'll make Cosgrove out of this game

One thing for sure, the ball won't see much of the grass, it will be route one all the way.

I hope we stick to our own game and not let them intimidate us like they have done in the past.

We are certainly capable of beating them so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hopefully be a bumper crowd along at Pittodrie for ths one

2-0 - May and Shinnie

Was good to see Forrester on the pitch the other night. Still have hope he'll turn out to be a good un.

Agree stick with the starting eleven, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sadly I think your hope about Forrester will be a forlorn one. He's shyte of the levels of Gary Hackett, Leigh Hinds and Nigel fucking Pepper.

Facing a far better quality of team this weekend than we did in last couple of games and surprised by number of Dons fans who are convinced that we will win easily again. Expecting a much tougher game myself with Hearts players wanting to show they are not as bad as their capitulation to Livingston suggested. That said we have a confident winning team so no changes to team that started against Dundee for me. Can see this being 1-0 either way. Fucked up personally on this one as forgot to book the train so going to cost £50 plus now if I decide to go.

ETA - Going to get a supporters bus up.

In

Bus and hopefully time for a pint

Y

Bus back to capital.

1-0 McGinn

A rare OUT for me. Got a better game to watch. Will be at Gay as a Goose field tomorrow watching a top of the table clash, which should only go one way, a home win expected. See yous at Pittodrie on Boxing Day and I'll stab yer fucking eyes oot with knitting needles, if I mind to take them with me. You fucking reprobate cunts.

:rofl2:

Teams are oot

14:03

LINE-UPS from Pittodrie

Aberdeen v Hearts (15:00)

Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, Considine, McKenna, Lowe, Ferguson, Shinnie, McLennan, McGinn, May, Cosgrove

Substitutes: Cerny, Forrester, Gleeson, Wilson, Wright, Campbell, Anderson.

Hearts: Doyle, M.Smith, Haring, Berra, Bozanic, Lee, Clare, Mitchell, Naismith, MacLean, Godinho

Substitutes: Zlamal, Hughes, Mulraney, McDonald, Brandon, Morrison, C Smith.

Clean sheet, 3 points and the majority of Hearts players going down the road bumped and bruised, a very good day at the office.

Got off to a fantastic start. Sam Cosgrove is literally the best Striker in the League at this current time, on his form.

He was excellent again today, utterly battered Berra & Haring. McKenna & Considine dealt with MacLean & Naismith with ease, midfield were excellent also.

I almost jizzed everywhere when I saw Gleeson coming on  :rofl: You could see the calming influence he brought to the middle of the park when Hearts were getting a grip of the game, completely changed with his introduction, but a special mention to him for the venom he showed when Naismith looked to kick/stamp young Ferguson, he went mental and flew for Naismith and then ripped into Olly Lee, I can't tell you how proud that makes me feel, when I see our players stand up for each other like that, he took zero prisoners, and Cosgrove also looks like he takes zero shit from anyone, important attributes like that can help against a team like Hearts.

Sincerely hope that isn't the last we see of Max Lowe, but it would be rather ironic that Derby have called him back due to injuries, only to get injured himself. But hope he makes the next 2 games and goes on his merry way, he can proud of his time here.

Just back  -    Always nice to beat that shower,and we did so without being on top form.Game started off like a typical Hearts game, ....physical with the ball up in the air more often than not,so it was a bit of a relief when Sam opened the scoring with a very well placed header and they were forced to try and play fitba.

To be fair they knocked the ball about quite well but carried little goal threat.Us on the other hand,I think we could have added to our tally if we'd moved the ball quickly on the deck more up front when they seemed to be winning the aerial battle.

Mcginn,McKenna,Logan and Cosgrove all good.McLennan seems to have a good game then a bad game,so hope he turns it on v Celtic,cos he was poor today.

Good win though, COYR

Clean sheet, 3 points and the majority of Hearts players going down the road bumped and bruised, a very good day at the office.

Got off to a fantastic start. Sam Cosgrove is literally the best Striker in the League at this current time, on his form.

He was excellent again today, utterly battered Berra & Haring. McKenna & Considine dealt with MacLean & Naismith with ease, midfield were excellent also.

I almost jizzed everywhere when I saw Gleeson coming on  :rofl: You could see the calming influence he brought to the middle of the park when Hearts were getting a grip of the game, completely changed with his introduction, but a special mention to him for the venom he showed when Naismith looked to kick/stamp young Ferguson, he went mental and flew for Naismith and then ripped into Olly Lee, I can't tell you how proud that makes me feel, when I see our players stand up for each other like that, he took zero prisoners, and Cosgrove also looks like he takes zero shit from anyone, important attributes like that can help against a team like Hearts.

Sincerely hope that isn't the last we see of Max Lowe, but it would be rather ironic that Derby have called him back due to injuries, only to get injured himself. But hope he makes the next 2 games and goes on his merry way, he can proud of his time here.

I thought it was the penalty that changed the game, not gleeson. In the second half we were clearly second best to that point. Penalty pumped us up and really deflated hearts. Had we not gotten it I felt the equalizer was coming. Good win though, no complaints from me.

Curious about Lowe, was DM looking at a midfield and the options he has with Shinnie as left back?

Heard Levein on radio after match saying Hearts should have had 2 penalties, really ? :o  Thought our back 4 were superb today & big Joe made a great save 1st half.  Hope Lowe's injury isn't too bad as we could do with him on Wednesday.

Big 3 points today, & big Sam just keeps improving, his 1st goal was a really cracking header.  Young Dean looked a bit lost when he came on & Gleeson looked much more assured.

Naismith really is a little nyaff & how their no.5 stayed on the park is a mystery :dunno:

Always good to beat this horrible club :thumbsup:

I was a bit puzzled when we threw on Gleeson for May but with hindsight made perfect sense as we were second best at that time, Hearts were passing the ball around well albeit with no great end product (and Mitchell's attempted shot that ended up doing out for a throw in 10 yards behind where he shot from was comedy gold  :laughing:). Gleeson allowed young Campbell to play a bit further forward taking him out of the firing line. Just a pity Gleeson cannot last longer than an hour before running out of gas as you can see he does have a bit of quality about him.

May, Ferguson, Logan, McKenna all excellent.....Joe also worth a mention, didn't have a lot to do but kept us ahead with a great save first half when Hearts cut us open with a free kick (MacLean really should have scored though). But Cosgrove again gets m.o.m for his goals and all round performance. Can really see his confidence growing with every game and hopefully he can cause the Dhims a few problems on Boxing Night.

Shame about Lowe's injury, really hope it doesn't stop him playing in what would be his final 2 games. If he really is crocked then I hope he can at least come on to the pitch at the end of the Celtic game so he can take a final bow  in front of the home fans. I think this boy will be in the England set up within 2 years and playing at a far bigger club than Derby.

Results elsewhere generally suited us too. Hopefully the fermers can do us a wee turn tomorrow as well.

SF