Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

American team Dundee “united” maybe

Northstar

Top secret deals in merging both Dundee teams

To a seperate unit..

2 closely  linked American business men will migrate both clubs to 1 keeping

Their history’s & orgins in tact , move to new 15k stadium & sell both old grounds

With assistance from Dundee Council to find part of it ,new ground would have flexibility to make

3 stands safe standing taking it to 23k.

Loss of fans from both clubs put at 20% but after 3/5 years

Clubs fan base would be back up to premeger levels.

New name To be city of Dundee.

Looks like America has there team!

Well done them. Some forward thinking in Scottish football for a change, unsurprisingly coming from outwith Scotland.

There is more than one handicap to overcome of course. The old feudalism rivalry shit between the two clubs should be easily surmountable given that they are both spent forces and with almost impossible routes back to anywhere near the top, where both their histories have been in the past.

The bigger obstacle is Dundonians themselves. There is much shit in this country and boy do we pay for our good stuff, the laws of yin and yang not being dispensable with, but Dundee has a LOT of shit within. I actually like the city and thinks it's had a raw deal over the decades. The people are roch as fuck but I have got to know their city over the last 20+ years and I like it, both the folk and the progressive moves that they've been making at local government level.

What I wonder about however is the remnants of their obstinacy and whether they are capable of learning from it. Over 30 years ago, Ford Motor Company proposed their new European assembly plant for Dundee and the deal was as good as done (including at Thatcher's central government level), bringing thousands of jobs to the city. What killed it were the unions insisting on a more-than-one union representation so Ford went fuck you and went to Belgium and Saarbrucken instead.

• 4 weeks later...