Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AGM Meeting

Few tweets and the like on Social Media within the last 10-20 minutes there, saying that people in attendance claiming McInnes has all but said that Lowe is away back to Derby in January, and that GMS & Shiinie will be signing elsewhere.

Not overly surprised by Lowe, as they have injured LB's and he's performed really well, not overly surprised by Shinnie either if I am being honest, but very disappointed in GMS, as I said in a different thread, I think we are good for him and vice versa, we sort of rescued him from the doldrums at Celtic and honestly thought we'd get at least another year from him.

First of all, it's just what is being said from people in attendance, so not concrete confirmation and secondly, not entirely sure it merited a thread on its own, as they may already be a thread elsewhere, but couldn't find it when I typed in to the search bar.

Theres a few posts on this in both the Hat and Abmad. Confirming your info.....Lowe back to derby Jan, GMS/Shinnie for the off......of the two Shinnie being the more likely to sign an extension but very doubtful. Also final £1.5million for training centre now in place through new shares being allocated.

Given the number of tweets then i'd be surprised if the info was false.  Very disappointed with GMS.  He owes us.

Lowe can't help his situation and given their injuries we were always likely to lose that race.  :-[

I hear where your coming from, but the reality is he doesn't owe us anything, we signed him he has done well enough for us and put himself back in the shop window and earning himself the possibility of getting a decent contract down south.

I hear where your coming from, but the reality is he doesn't owe us anything, we signed him he has done well enough for us and put himself back in the shop window and earning himself the possibility of getting a decent contract down south.

Ach I know, it's just my irrational football fan side saying I'd like to see some loyalty. His career was going nowhere before we signed him. At least sign up and then arrange a move so we can make some money ffs.

DM saying in the Retard that he is still hopeful that they will both sign extensions, but that if they do intend leaving he thins they owe it to him and the club to say so by early January so we can plan ahead. But he won't be putting an ultimatum to either of them should they choose to say nothing.

Personally I'd be telling them if they haven't told him they're intending to re-sign by the end of the Dubai trip, that we are actively sourcing their replacements and our offers are withdrawn.

Shinnie is a great captain and has a fantastic attitude even when he is playing shit.....fact is he considers himself a midfielder but as such he is fairly bog standard and I'd imagine easily replaced. GMS has been brilliant this season and I'd suspect far harder to replace. Jordan Jones at Killie is probably the obvious option but he's been linked with a move to Swansea and more recently sevco....

DM saying in the Retard that he is still hopeful that they will both sign extensions, but that if they do intend leaving he thins they owe it to him and the club to say so by early January so we can plan ahead. But he won't be putting an ultimatum to either of them should they choose to say nothing.

Personally I'd be telling them if they haven't told him they're intending to re-sign by the end of the Dubai trip, that we are actively sourcing their replacements and our offers are withdrawn.

Shinnie is a great captain and has a fantastic attitude even when he is playing shit.....fact is he considers himself a midfielder but as such he is fairly bog standard and I'd imagine easily replaced. GMS has been brilliant this season and I'd suspect far harder to replace. Jordan Jones at Killie is probably the obvious option but he's been linked with a move to Swansea and more recently sevco....

Totally agree with your middle paragraph  TC.

Whilst they are within their rights not to say, it is also the club's right to play hardball.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Like most fans I would love it if we could hold on to both Shinnie and GMS.  Having said that I would take GMS over Shinnie any day.  I think he has proved this season that he is our best and most creative player.  If GMS were to re-sign for let's say another three years he would surely bring in a fee of a couple of million if someone came in for him down the line.  He has genuine quality and has turned quite a few games for us over the last year or so.  The encouraging thing for us is that McLennan looks like a great prospect should GMS depart.

For all his endeavour and captaincy skills I have never been one who has rated Shinnie that highly for his playing ability.  He is decent and would certainly be a loss to us but in the games against the better teams I think he often disappears.  There has been talk of him being tired of late and if he has any aspirations of going to an English Championship team then he better snap out of that because they play Saturday/Wednesday almost every week of the season.  Also some mention of the hun being interested.  Honestly cannot see that Gerrard would see him as being good enough for their midfield, Jack is a far better player in my opinion.

Like most fans I would love it if we could hold on to both Shinnie and GMS.  Having said that I would take GMS over Shinnie any day.  I think he has proved this season that he is our best and most creative player.  If GMS were to re-sign for let's say another three years he would surely bring in a fee of a couple of million if someone came in for him down the line.  He has genuine quality and has turned quite a few games for us over the last year or so.  The encouraging thing for us is that McLennan looks like a great prospect should GMS depart.

For all his endeavour and captaincy skills I have never been one who has rated Shinnie that highly for his playing ability.  He is decent and would certainly be a loss to us but in the games against the better teams I think he often disappears.  There has been talk of him being tired of late and if he has any aspirations of going to an English Championship team then he better snap out of that because they play Saturday/Wednesday almost every week of the season.  Also some mention of the hun being interested.  Honestly cannot see that Gerrard would see him as being good enough for their midfield, Jack is a far better player in my opinion.

Shinnie as a left back is a no brainer, as good a left back as anyone in the league in my opinion, but if he sees himself as a midfielder then I doubt he will get the move he is possibly looking for. I would take Shinnie over GMS though if had to pick between the two to re-sign.

I think Shinnie has been a great signing for us, love his commitment and work ethic and I really hope that if he does go it is not to that lot of manky bastards in Govan.

Agree that Shinnie at LB is where he should be. Agree that his commitment is his best quality, an excellent example for others. Unfortunately his limitations in the middle of the park are being horribly exposed, particularly against teams who have managed to get more than 9 points from a possible 54 which has led to his frustrations dragging down the effectiveness of his performances.

GMS has great feet but a weak heart. We can't rely on him for the consistency of performance that every winning team needs. It's almost tragic that he's seen as one of our best players and when it comes to creating anything and scoring goals, he is undoubtedly one of our best players, so fucking shite have the AFC attacking unit performed this year.

Scrape a win at St Mirren and thrash Dundee and the happy clappers forget the embarrassment v. St Johnstone 12 days ago and the fact we couldn't make any chances better than a near OG at Hampden.