Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Max Lowe

Been watching Derby v Forest.

Given that Derby's first and second choice left backs are out injured long term....Forsyth finished for the season and the other one more than likely in the same boat......I've been paying attention to the guy that's got the jersey now (Malone). And to be frank......he's f@ckin root.

Can only hope Lampard splashes out on a replacement in January and lets Lowe continue his education up here but suspect that's a forlorn hope. Lowe is light years ahead of Malone and fully expect him to get recalled the minute the clock strikes 12 on Auld Year's Nicht  :-[

Been watching Derby v Forest.

Given that Derby's first and second choice left backs are out injured long term....Forsyth finished for the season and the other one more than likely in the same boat......I've been paying attention to the guy that's got the jersey now (Malone). And to be frank......he's f@ckin root.

Can only hope Lampard splashes out on a replacement in January and lets Lowe continue his education up here but suspect that's a forlorn hope. Lowe is light years ahead of Malone and fully expect him to get recalled the minute the clock strikes 12 on Auld Year's Nicht  :-[

I'd be very surprised if they didn't, he looks like he is going to be a quality player and should have no problems fitting in to the Derby team. If not, be glad to keep him for the season.

I said after his first game at Pittodrie that Lowe was a footballer. He will be badly missed. Thank you for your efforts Max.

After Considine's interview last week, it would be insane for McInnes to re-employ the losing strategy of Consi at LB. If the player himself states the obvious, something we could all see for ourselves, a manager who continues such folly is either stubborn or stupid and possibly both.

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped to bench for tonights FA Cup match at Southampton. Derby have made 6 changes in all from the weekend so it could just be because it is the Cup. His replacement is the guy who played all December since Forsyth got injured....Malone. He looked an absolute bombscare hence why Lowe was not only recalled but was pitched right into the side. Sadly Lowe was every bit as bad in the 2 games he played. Will be interesting to see who Lampard makes his first choice going forward.

Despite having those 2 plus the 2 real "first choice" left backs who are both out injured for the season, there seems to be a clamour amongst Derby fans for Lampard to go out and buy a new one whilst the window is open. That would leave Derby with 5 left backs in the summer. Let's hope he does indeed decide to do this.....could mean Lowe becomes available not just for a loan but actually a permanent transfer.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

This is great news for the Dons, who knows what might happen in the summer if Derby decide to let him go totally. It really makes you wonder about where English football is going though, they take him back for two games then decide to punt him again so they can bring in a 37 year old instead.  How are these young players ever meant to get a proper chance to progress and learn?

This is great news for the Dons, who knows what might happen in the summer if Derby decide to let him go totally. It really makes you wonder about where English football is going though, they take him back for two games then decide to punt him again so they can bring in a 37 year old instead.  How are these young players ever meant to get a proper chance to progress and learn?

To be fair, Lowe looked utterly out of his depth in the 2 games he played. If Derby had been sitting mid table they might have stuck with him but they're going for promotion so need a proven player.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

To be fair, Lowe looked utterly out of his depth in the 2 games he played. If Derby had been sitting mid table they might have stuck with him but they're going for promotion so need a proven player.

I didn't see any of his Derby performances so cannot comment on whether he was any good or not but your last sentence pretty much sums it up Ten Caat.  Unless a team is ever sitting mid table with nothing to play for, are youngsters ever going to get a chance to make a breakthrough??  The consensus seems to be that they are either too weak for a relegation battle or too inexperienced/inconsistent to get into a team challenging at the top.  It's ridiculous, fans are partly to blame because they want instant success and won't tolerate players having a few bad performances whilst they find their feet.

I do wonder though, reading yours and Rocket's differing views, were you guys actually watching the same game?  :rofl:

You keep on repeating this but it's not true. The first half of his last game, he was sharp and the opposition got nothing going down their right wing. Max also created the best chance of the first half, almost single-handedly.

100% of the Derby fans on their forums agree with my assessment. The Leeds winger had him on toast all game.

100% of the Derby fans on their forums agree with my assessment. The Leeds winger had him on toast all game.

I only watched the first half. I don't read other forums but whatever the Derby fans were saying, it doesn't alter the facts.

The FACTS are that Max Lowe didn't once get "roasted" by anyone. Leeds didn't create a single threat down their right wing. His only errors for the whole of the first half were three misplaced passes when he was attacking and even though a couple of them were shockers (but out of play in the Leeds half so no danger), they were no worse than the rest of the team who were collectively awful at finding their man, as the stats would no doubt prove. The best Derby chance of the first half came from some brilliant play by Lowe but the striker was so shit he couldn't control the great pass to him despite acres of space in the box.

There's something else going on. Lampard doesn't fancy him perhaps or doesn't think he's ready yet. I guess with all his management experience, he would know. He may well have had a bad second half but that night they were shite and well beaten by the better team, and Leeds were hardly impressive themselves. Thick cunts like to use scapegoats and Max may well be it. Is it cos he is black? Just joking. Even though Frank senior is/was a dinosaur cockney and the majority of that ilk are Alf Garnetts, that was a black herring in amongst my presentation of facts and speculations. But did you see the manager after they beat Southampton on pens? What a fud.

Delighted to have a player of Lowe's quality at AFC again but it has its yang. It means Shinnie won't be deployed in his best position and it further guarantees that we don't have a chance of winning the SPFL in May. No team ever won the league with such an ineffective midfield as we've got.