Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St Mirren v Aberdeen

So onto Paisley on Saturday in a busy month of fixtures.

Although we've beaten them comfortably twice already this season not sure it'll be as straightforward on Saturday.

If however we turn up from the start and play with the intesity of last night's second half then I expect us to be leaving with three points.

As said in the Livi thread, same team as started second half last night unless of course Devlin is 100% recovered in which case he comes in for Considine

In

Driving

Away End

Driving

1-2 ( Cosgrove & May)

As Al says above unless Devlin is fit we should be going with the team that started 2nd half on Tuesday night. St Mirren have been the worst team I have seen in the league this season and we should be going after them from the start even though this is their home game. If we can win the next two games it should hopefully give us the momentum and confidence to take on Hearts and Celtic.

In

Train then beers in town as Alamo is no more.

Away end

Train back to Capital

3-0 May McGinn and McLennan

St Mirren form over the last 17 games, in all competitions.

P17 W1 D3 L13

Can't really say that Kearney has worked as of yet either, although overall, they're performing slightly better. For me, this is a shoe-in for 3 points. Think Cosgrove and May deserve another opportunity, so echo the sentiments that we should be as you were vs Livingston, only this time, McLennan in from the start for Wright.

Can't just expect to turn up and win, still need the effort and determination, but don't think McInnes, as much as he has flaws, can be accused of that attitude of " We only need to turn up " so I expect a comfortable away win.

St Mirren 0 - 2 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove, Considine )

St Mirren form over the last 17 games, in all competitions.

P17 W1 D3 L13

Can't really say that Kearney has worked as of yet either, although overall, they're performing slightly better. For me, this is a shoe-in for 3 points. Think Cosgrove and May deserve another opportunity, so echo the sentiments that we should be as you were vs Livingston, only this time, McLennan in from the start for Wright.

Can't just expect to turn up and win, still need the effort and determination, but don't think McInnes, as much as he has flaws, can be accused of that attitude of " We only need to turn up " so I expect a comfortable away win.

St Mirren 0 - 2 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove, Considine )

Friends with a few St Mirren supporters who are all of the opinion that Kearney is fighting with one hand tied behind his back on account of the crock of shite Stubbs left behind him and it will take a least two transfer windows for him to have any chance of sorting it out.

Friends with a few St Mirren supporters who are all of the opinion that Kearney is fighting with one hand tied behind his back on account of the crock of shite Stubbs left behind him and it will take a least two transfer windows for him to have any chance of sorting it out.

Of course, goes without saying. Also looks like Cammy Smith will be one that he moves on, shame that, thought he was a good fit for them and them for him. Really thought Cammy had the attributes to make it here, let alone at St Mirren, there's a good player in there.

One of my mates has been Smurren ST for almost 50 years. I went to Brechin v. St M towards the end of last season and said to him that they would need to invest big if they were to survive the SPFL this season. They were toilet with almost nothing of averageness even let alone quality. Whatever job Stubbo did, and it was bound to be shite as he's a fucking gluepot, nothing could save them given how shite the core of their first team are. Hope Dundee go down instead though. They've been limping around for too long and the insanity of employing McCann needs a karma punishment.

1-1 HT

May scores with penalty after 30 mins, St Boo equalise 5 minutes later with our defending at a free kick absolutely atrocious.

Ferguson, Shinnie nae great......Ferguson booked now banned for Livi away on 29th.....he really needed a rest last week or today he will get it now but too late imo.

Conditions horrendous, we need to win this one however ugly

Had to go out, so missed the entire match, even the commentary. Seems to be that May is working well with Cosgrove, that's something we should look to continue, no reason to change it if they are creating and scoring?

All in all, 3 points away from home and 2 strikers on the score sheet, again, tremendously happy for big Cosgrove, never a lone striker but clearly a handful when in the 2, same could be said for May by the looks of things.

FT 1-2

Both full backs excellent but my m.o.m Cosgrove :o  Held ball up well, won plenty headers and got the winner.

Ferguson badly needs rested

Well beat St J so up to 4th now

COYR

Just home, fucking frozen, so beers required and then a few shorts.

Thoroughy deserved victory in extremely difficult conditions.

Quoting TC as I said to my son on the 80 minute mark that I thought Sam Cosgrove was our MOTM.

Fucking outstanding performance capped by his goal

Special mention to Stevie May who had another good game.

Thought Logan had a good game as well.

Took almost 20 minutes to get back to the car because the road was flooded under the railway bridge.

Not for the first time to be honest

Anyway onwards and upwards

COYR

Cosgrove did well, probably his best game for us actually. May... looks a bit better, but still when he's through on the keeper just leathers it straight at him. That isn't good enough.

Thought Logan looked a lot better today than he has done for some time, a lot more assured defensively.  McGinn was good and his deliveries got us both goals.  Shinnie, in the first half in particular, was very poor.

Great to get the three points in horrendous conditions and puts us right back into the mix now  :thumbsup:

Professional performance in dreadful conditions. As others have said Cosgrove Logan and May all had good games however St Mirren are fucking awful so not reading to much into that. Been in the house 3 hours now but jacket, hat and gloves are still soaking.