Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Copa Libertadores Final

DantheDon

It might teach supporters that bad behaviour won't be tolerated. Do feel a bit of sympathy for the Boca supporters as this was brought on purely by the actions of the River Plate support.....but it is a sad day where a game of football cannot be played in safety for either the teams involved or rival supporters.

Personally I'd have awarded the tie to Boca. That way clubs might feel compelled to root out supporters who bring the name of their club into disrepute. What went on in Buenos Aires is obviously a criminal act and the perpetrators are no doubt in a minority compared to well behaved supporters. Life bans should be placed on anyone convicted.

I hope our own club is investigating the knuckle dragging arsehole who racially abused Scott Sinclair at the LC Final. I posted my disgust about this on the Hat and was dismayed to see many other posters effectively saying "so what" and some even trying to justify it  :hammer: Down south, London Plod are looking for the Chelsea fan that similarly abused Raheem Sterling at the weekend. I reckon they'll have him arrested by midweek. Hopefully our own Plod eventually catch up with our perpetrator too.

It might teach supporters that bad behaviour won't be tolerated. Do feel a bit of sympathy for the Boca supporters as this was brought on purely by the actions of the River Plate support.....but it is a sad day where a game of football cannot be played in safety for either the teams involved or rival supporters.

Personally I'd have awarded the tie to Boca. That way clubs might feel compelled to root out supporters who bring the name of their club into disrepute. What went on in Buenos Aires is obviously a criminal act and the perpetrators are no doubt in a minority compared to well behaved supporters. Life bans should be placed on anyone convicted.

I hope our own club is investigating the knuckle dragging arsehole who racially abused Scott Sinclair at the LC Final. I posted my disgust about this on the Hat and was dismayed to see many other posters effectively saying "so what" and some even trying to justify it  :hammer: Down south, London Plod are looking for the Chelsea fan that similarly abused Raheem Sterling at the weekend. I reckon they'll have him arrested by midweek. Hopefully our own Plod eventually catch up with our perpetrator too.

That sort of violence is common place in Argentina with the authorities to weak/corrupt to do anything about it. Remember they had already banned away fans from both games due the potential for violence. Moving the game was correct response although think it should have gone to another South American country rather than the capital of the old colonial masters.

Boca are appealing the decision to move the game to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. They want the tie awarded to them.

Different subject but agree with your comments about racist clown from the cup final. Club should be making it known whoever it was is not welcome at Pittodrie nor is anyone who shares their views.

Or they could just call him (Sinclair) a liar like the Tims would do

That’s their level of whataboutery there Rico. We should be taking the correct action which is making it clear that racism has no place in our support. What Celtic did previously is immaterial.

That’s their level of whataboutery there Rico. We should be taking the correct action which is making it clear that racism has no place in our support. What Celtic did previously is immaterial.

I'm sure Rico's comment was very much tongue in cheek but I absolutely agree with you. The guy who said that shite should be flogged.

I don't keep tabs on Football outside of Scotland, England and Holland but I did read that the last time there was trouble it was caused by the Boca fans? I had similar thoughts about the tie being awarded to Boca after seeing the River fans seemingly the aggressors on this occasion. I'm all for intense rivalries but for fuck sake why that has to include widespread rioting or violence of any kind is yet another horrible black mark on humanity.