Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Connor McLennan

More good news, always good to have good young players coming through as long as he gets a fair crack of the whip, be surprised if Scott Wright hangs around much longer.

Need to get Dean Campbell & Frank Ross back involved again.

Bringing some cracking players through the system, but they have to get a decent chance.

As exciting and hugely impressive as he was for the 2nd half on Sunday, he was pretty anonymous on Wednesday.

If he gets a start tomorrow and there is no doubt that he should, he has to take this chance with both hands and put in a performance.

History is littered with potential. An excellent showing tomorrow and like McKenna at Motherwell a year and a bit ago, he can be an ever-present and build a career and name for himself.

The good thing with McLennan, compared to some of the other fringe youngsters, is his physique, he's already got that advantage over some of the other kids ( not that it should be used as a barrier ) but definitely gives him an advantage.

He also has decent pace, good skill and an eye for goal, all there for him to take it, which I think he will. Really pleased to see this contract extension.

On the flip side, I have a gut feeling that Shinnie is going to seek a new adventure, and that will be down South, and I am surprised that GMS hasn't signed at least another year, we brought him in from the wilderness at Celtic, put him back on the map and got him involved with the Scotland setup, we have been good for him, surely another year would be beneficial to both parties? We have put offers on the table for both of them, and I fully understand these things take time, but I thought it would have been done and dusted by now, McInnes usually gets these negotiations correct, time will tell, but to end, reckon Shinnie will go and GMS will stay. ( Apologies for stating this in this thread, we are celebrating young McLennan )