Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

2 days until this one, another massive game, against a team who have won 5 and drew 2 of their last 7, very good run and some impressive results in there for St Johnstone, they are slightly different this year in terms of their style, they have added wide players and and trying to mix in some decent play with their usual battling self. Seems to be working for them.

But our tails should be up, no question. Same team as last night, but swap Cosgrove for Wilson or May. McLennan deserves to keep his spot and it may be too soon for GMS, and Considine/McKenna absolutely deserve another outing together. Can't see there being much in it, but should have enough in us, to leapfrog them and still have a game in hand.

2-1 Home win ( Ferguson, McGinn )  ( Wotherspoon )

I think we need to be a bit more attacking for this one. I'd take out Ball and move Ferguson deeper, with McGinn in front. Wright and McLennan on the wings. Even if Devlin is fit, I'd keep Considine in for this one as a recognition of his performance in the last couple - give Devlin a wee bit more time. Whilst May has been relatively pap, I'd have him to score against his former team. Wilson shouldn't be in a dons top again after his cup final efforts, so I'd just take him out of the equation altogether. Anderson, for me, is still a little raw and should continue from the bench for now as I don't think he has 90 minutes in him yet and I think he's better fresh off the bench when others are tiring than vice-versa. 

--------------Lewis--------------

Logan--Consi--McKenna--Lowe

---------Ferguson--Shinnie-----

--Wright---McGinn---McLennan

--------------May----------------

I think we need to be a bit more attacking for this one. I'd take out Ball and move Ferguson deeper, with McGinn in front. Wright and McLennan on the wings. Even if Devlin is fit, I'd keep Considine in for this one as a recognition of his performance in the last couple - give Devlin a wee bit more time. Whilst May has been relatively pap, I'd have him to score against his former team. Wilson shouldn't be in a dons top again after his cup final efforts, so I'd just take him out of the equation altogether. Anderson, for me, is still a little raw and should continue from the bench for now as I don't think he has 90 minutes in him yet and I think he's better fresh off the bench when others are tiring than vice-versa. 

--------------Lewis--------------

Logan--Consi--McKenna--Lowe

---------Ferguson--Shinnie-----

--Wright---McGinn---McLennan

--------------May----------------

That was the team I was just coming on to suggest for Saturday. We will need to be a bit more attack minded at home so agree with Ball dropping out for Wright. No need to rush players back from injury when players who have replaced them have played well so GMS and Devlin can have some extra time to recover. St J fan in the work has been saying for a couple of weeks that they have been playing well so not expecting this to be an easy game but injury to Drey Wright will be a blow to them.

In

Lift up the road then beer

Y

Beers in town as staying overnight

2-1 McGinn and May

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Like 10 out of 11 of your team Rico and will be interesting to see what MacLennan can do if he gets a proper run at it in the absence of GMS, he looks a great prospect from the glimpses I have seen.

It seems to be generally accepted that May is no use up front on his own so think there is little point in trying it again.  This is the perfect game to give young Anderson a start, the team will be bouncing after Wednesday and with a decent home crowd he deserves a chance to see what he can do.

The prospect of having three of our front four being young, home grown lads is an exciting one.

Should be a tough game tomorrow, but you imagine we would be well up for this one after Wednesday night.

Agree we should be looking to attack more in this game though. We know the crux of the team, just need to see who DM decides will start up front and who comes in for Ball.

Anything other than 3 points would be unacceptable. Hopefully a comfortable win and a great turn out. It's the least the team deserve after Wednesday, beating 12 men at the "big hoose", the big shit hoose. Not a bad weather forecast so zero excuse for not attending although some piss weak "men" will claim the wife forced them to go Xmas shopping.

Anything other than 3 points would be unacceptable. Hopefully a comfortable win and a great turn out. It's the least the team deserve after Wednesday, beating 12 men at the "big hoose", the big shit hoose. Not a bad weather forecast so zero excuse for not attending although some piss weak "men" will claim the wife forced them to go Xmas shopping.

:laughing:Like this.

No excuse for no decent turn out tomorrow.  Could be a tight affair, St.j always seem to do quite well up here, but can see us edging it by the odd goal.

Hope we can see more of McLennan tomorrow, deserves the chance. :thumbsup:

Was just away to post this when the Fermers went 1 up......

Week in week out we get folk demanding that we put Wright in. Well as usual, on the odd occasion we do, he's totally useless and a waste of a jersey. He'll be at a Dumbarton or similiar this time next year (if he's lucky)

And saints go 2 up  >:D

St Johnstone more than deserved the win, should have scored a fter 5 mins with a free header, they also had a definite pen turned away after a late chalenge from Logan. All in all Aberdeen were very poor with no end product.

Shinnie huffed and puffed but his shots were weak every time. As for the 2 wingers and the forward...