Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New no 9 & 10

Still hoping we can beat Hivs to getting Scott Allan in from the Dhims. That would be number 10 sorted.

Fuck knows what random centre forward the McInnes tombola will come up with though. If McKenna gets sold then we should have enough cash to at least bid for Moult but whether he (or more pertinently his burd) would consider moving back to Scotland is another matter.

I would be happy to see McGinn in the 10 role to be honest. He has the footballing intelligence to play there, and would probably chip in with goals, I just feel his days as a winger are over.

I would say we need a new winger as well as a Striker, even 2 Strikers. A GMS type to replace McGinn on the opposite wing would be most welcome, perhaps more consistent than GMS anyway, but on his day, he's our most creative player, so a similar type to him and move McGinn into the 10 role and I feel we'd see the dividends.

Ferguson & Shinnie as the CDM's if we're to continue that formation.

Striker is the biggest fear, I don't entirely trust him to get it right to be honest, especially not in January, unless we paid for a player that was already in form, because we're not going to get a prolific Striker who is currently playing, on a loan or that.

The names that we were linked with before the season started, Moult aside, were hardly inspiring, but I am all for giving players an opportunity to prove themselves, off the top of my head was Christian Doidge, Alex Schalk & John Marquis. They have a combined total of 43 appearances this season, with 14 goals between them. 10 of them from Marquis. Perhaps we will revisit one of those in January? Who knows, but what we all know, and what the manager knows, is that we desperately need a Striker.